“Double Serving Of Awesome Sauce”
Review of Nagashima Spa Land

Nagashima Spa Land
Ranked #2 of 85 things to do in Kuwana
Reviewed 1 May 2013

All the teen/adult rides in this park will not disappoint. The wood coaster had me Trololo'ing the whole way through. Steel Dragon was great fun even without a loop. It's the longest coaster in the world. Anpanman Museum was disappointing but my 3 year old was going nuts. I would spend less time there because there is an incredible playground inside the park. Certainly a great stop if you're in the area.

2  Thank Glen C
in 6 reviews
"public transport"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The men in our company enjoyed all the exciting rides, since we have little children with us I did not dare to ride the more "exciting" rides , but those who did said your " life's stress" disappear once you take the plunge.

1  Thank Ofelia P
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Steel Dragon was great from the front row. You have to be lucky in line to get in front. You can't wait for people to pass in order to line yourself up with it. Buy the all day pass and go on everything. There is lots of great shopping around the park as well. Many people visit just for the shopping. Take the train and then catch the bus if you cant drive there.

2  Thank Manfra090
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I cannot recommend this massive theme park enough. We went in winter so I can only comment on the amusement park side of things as the water park was closed, but suffice to say it was worth the mission to get out there. We left our apartment in Osaka at 8:30am and got to the park around 11, having taken the Shinkansen to Nagoya, then a JR line to a semi rural station about 30km from Nagoya, then a short 15 min bus ride to the park itself. So the park could definitely be considered 'off the beaten track'. But boy was it worth it !

Entry was incredibly cheap for what you get (we paid 3400 per adult for an all day unlimited ride pass) and when we went the place was virtually deserted, meaning no queues and no packed walkways. We were also the only Westerners there bar one other guy. I have to stress that if you don't like rides that go fast and high, this is not the place for you. Almost every ride had me on the edge of my seat (although my tolerance for heights is pretty low) and I went on everything I could. Unfortunately as it was the off season a few of the rides were closed for maintenance (including the mighty Steel Dragon 2000).

there is an extensive list of thrill rides and coasters but the highlights for me were the Haunted House (the Japanese do spooky better than anyone else in my opinion), the White Knight (a wooden coaster that will rattle your fillings out but definitely worth it!) and the Star Shot. It's also worth noting that a good 1/3 of the park is dedicated to rides definitely specifically for young children (ages 2 - 10) so it would be an idea place for a family to visit. Can't comment on the food as we didn't buy any there but it was reasonably priced if a little unappealing in appearance.

Overall it as definitely worth the trip there and I will be coming back next time Im in Japan.

4  Thank Tom W