“Fantastic facilities for children”
Review of Babyhotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trebesing
Babyhotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Trebesing
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A really friendly, helpful hotel with a wealth of facilities for young families. The hotel is set in a beautiful area of Carinithia, with picturesque villages, towns, rivers, lakes and mountain walks nearby.

Unfortunately it rained for the first two days of our trip, but there was so much to keep the children occupied that it wasn't a struggle for us. The kids clubs are in brand new buildings, with great wooden toys - playhouses, kitchens, shops etc. there were plenty of craft activities, a lego room, ride on cars to name a few. Children under two had a seperate room which also ha great abilities and a sleeping area. The pools were perfect for children with a dedicated toddler area, an indoor pool, outdoor pool, and large water flume. Absolutely loads of outdoor toys including go karts - so much that there was never a wait to go on anything.

There was also an indoor soft play area, petting zoo and SmileyPlexx (cinema, theatre)

The food was pretty good, quite a large selection and well cooked. Adults had a five course gourmet dinner whilst their children were looked after every evening.

Our room was very good with lots of well thought out extras such as pull down baby changing table, wipes, baby toiletries potty etc.

The staff were incredibly helpful - even picking up our buggy for us after we'd left it at Ljubljana airport!

Only negative is that there was nothing to do in the evening, a mini disco for the children would have gone down very well and some traditional entertainment would have been good.

All in all though a great holiday, would definitely recommend for young families.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PinkAndGreenApple

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable holiday. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean. The food was lovely. Our 5 year old and our 2 year old had an amazing time.
We would definitely recommend this hotel for a family with young children.
We are looking forward to another holiday in this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank AingealDeBarra
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The clue is in the name. This is a hotel only for families with young children and is setup accordingly. Its not cheap but then you are buying the ability to relax whilst the kids are taken care of by the childcare assistants. The swimming area was superb, the pirate land facility very impressive and the overall quantity of playing options impressive. The food was also surprisingly good.

Despite all of these facilities and options our two boys were most impressed by the daily morning appearances and sing-a-longs with the mascots Hubsi Hu and Smiley. Just goes to show . . . .

Would recommend to any parents out there looking for a chance to relax and provide their kids with a special holiday

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We spent Christmas at this hotel with a very active 22 mo and 3.5yo. My husband and I both agree that out of the 5 trips to Europe with the kids this year and the 7 places we have stayed this was by far the most relaxing holiday and best equipped for kids even though we didn't have family to help.

The rooms were well equipped with a comfortable king bed and another small room containing a bunk bed (with pull up rail) and a cot (not travel cot). There was a kitchenette with microwave and fridge and change table and the bathroom included a potty, stool and kid's toilet seat. There were even 4 bathrobes for the pool in our sizes in the cupboard and a swimming bag with towels ready. As previously mentioned there is a great baby monitor in the kid's room that rings you on a mobile that you carry if there is noise so I could put the baby to bed for a nap whilst the rest of us did other things (like get a massage) in the hotel.

Meals were very reasonable with a good selection of healthy options and the usual nuggets, chips, cereal options at the buffet. The only comment would be that things were a little salty for our taste. The 3 course meals for the adults at night were great. Not michelin- starred (and we've tried a few this year) but still very good. The bonus was that we could feed the kids between 1730-1830 and then put them in the baby creche, supervised pirateland playground or to bed and still have 2 hours to eat. To have an uninterupted meal each night on holidays was wonderful! They even provide a selection of formula and jarred baby foods for young babies.

I must say the best thing was the staff at the creches for babies (0-2) and older children (2y and up). They really did well to manage and settle in new kids everyday and my older daughter who isn't a fan of daycare had a really good time. They even went to the trouble of taking her out of Pirateland one night to stay with my younger son who was getting upset at the baby creche, rather than disturb us at dinner. I would gladly poach one of them as a nanny/babysitter if I could! The reception staff were also exceptional with both providing answers to our endless questions and also entertaining the kids.

Even though we stayed 4 nights and my husband did go skiing, I was very happy with the kids staying at the hotel the whole time. There was plenty to do, which was important for me as I couldn't ski. We could play in the snow (care of snow machine next to hotel), do some sledding, play in the treehouses and playground outside. Indoors there were 2 pools, a playarea with toys and a big red car, pirateland playground and the 2 creches with many activities during the day. For me there was also a small dayspa area, sauna and gym and free internet room. It was just nice though to get a nap in during the day and get through a novel.

Overall, we had a great Christmas and having stopped raving about it to friends. It was the details that impressed us (eg double railings down the stairs so little kids could hold on). I would highly recommend this hotel even though it's expensive. But for snow at Christmas we would have paid just as must in any resort without all the bonuses for the kids and us.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank trafficjam18
Reviewed 26 August 2010

we use family hotels in Austria and are generally happy with the brand so my expectations were high. The hotel is in a good location for doing staff with the kids. The outside space was nice and the kids liked the stay. The food was boring and not very nice, there were also not many healthy options. The rooms and the entire hotel really need a makeover. I believe this hotel only has 5 smileys because the owner is also the owner of the brand.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank poshtravel
Reviewed 25 August 2010

In July 2010, we went to this hotel with my wife and twin sons, both almost 3 years old. I found the hotel through the KINDERHOTELS website, and sue to the fact that we found a decent last minute offer, I picked this one.
The trip by car from Plzen, Czech Republic was very tough...we drove in a cold-front that was going from north to south, so we drove in heavy rain all through Germany. Places where I normally drove 140km/h, we had to drive 70. The trip was endless...then came the last 80km where we spent almost 2 hours waiting for the green light to pass through the tunnels to go south...all in all, we thought that the trip would take maximum 6 hours, but it took 9...
This meant that we arrived not in the afternoon, but just in time for dinner. The problem was that the boys did not want to eat, but wanted to play in the blow-up castle!
But the trip is not the hotel's fault, of course...

The food for the children was a good selection including meats and vegetables that they liked, as well as an ice cream treat. It was great that after they ate, we put them in the Pirate Land where they are left with the qualified hotel staff and my wife and I could enjoy a nice meal together after the horrible trip. Overall, we were satisfied with the level of quality of the food. We did not expect any Michelin stars, of course!

The room was small, but well equipped, as was the bathroom. Diapers, wipes, a step to use the bathroom...many small details impressed us. The plush bathrobes were also a nice touch.
The decor was tasteful with much wood, and was very nice.
Adjacent to our room, there was a small balcony with drying rack, and also a small children's room about the size of a very large boom closet which contained bunkbeds. While the space was small, it was totally adequate for the twins who only did their sleeping there.
In the children's bedroom was also a baby monitor that had different levels of sensitivity and was programmed to call us on a mobil phone that the hotel provided. Nice touch.

Staff were pleasant and made us feel at home, even after spilling drinks in the dining room. This sort of thing is routine for them, which makes for a really nice relaxed family atmosphere. They understand that "boys will be boys".

The facilities are very good for young children, with the blow-up castle, multiple pools, and of course, the waterslide. But I found that the water was too warm, not refreshing at all.

It might be a bit on the expensive side, there might be better kinderhotels that may be nearer, but the boys had such a great time here that I just booked another week. I guess that says it all...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mufna
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I were guest in this hotel for a week with the Family first days of the new year.
We use Family Hotels in Austria pretty often, but definitely this is not the best we stayed !

Hotel is just below the Spittal-Salzburg highway , but it is now completely hidden in artificial tunnel splitting hotel are from the very small but nice village, that I'm sure should be really nice in summer.

Unfortunately in winter the situation is much worst : ski slopes are very far (about 15km the closest in Gmund) and there is no town to visit or stay when you're not spending your day on the ski resorts. Closest one is Gmund with few attractions especially for children.

Parking area is not so close to the hotel on the main road.

Hotel has a couple of nice pools and these are one of the plus of the hotel.
The one for children is very nice an well equipped with water toys.
Also the one getting outside is nice. Remarkable also the water slide tunnel from third floor to ground well visible in all the hotel pictures.

Pirate's Land is a nice place as well where children can spend some time having fun safely, but unfortunately it is outside the hotel and is attended for one hour just between 19.00 and 20.00 (adults dinner time).

Food was ok (not really special, but ok) also for children. The real problem - that for Italians life style/habits here was even worst than in other similar hotels in Austria - was eating timing starting at 18.30 for children and closing at 20.30. At 21.00 lights were switched off both for adults and for kids. The close by "Tavern" has never been open in the days of our stay as well.

The very bad part of the staying was the outside activities.
Kids booked for ski class and swimming class.
Ski slope in the hotel is simply ridiculus and definitely not well managed by few ski masters. At the end all the parents were there helping their kids to take the lift.
Cost for ski and swimming classes were definitely not acceptable for the kind of service.

Last comments is related to the payment style.
I booked through email but when we arrived I notify the receptions that - for working duties - had to leave one day before the booking and they said there was no problem for that. She answered that there was no problem and that I had paid the nights I stayed.
Final bill was not like that because there was no way to recove one night more they billed me even if I didn't use it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank acant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trebesing
Familiengasthof St. Wolfgang
#1 of 4 in Trebesing
No photo provided
Allesbauer - Familie Preis
#4 of 4 in Trebesing

Been to Babyhotel? Share your experiences!