“STAY AWAY this hotel treats their guests as dirt!”
Review of Hotel Gebhard

and 1 more site!
Hotel Gebhard
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Fiss
Rotterdam
“STAY AWAY this hotel treats their guests as dirt!”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We booked this hotel for 1 night as we had rented an apartment in Fiss for the rest of the holiday. My husband did not really pay a lot of attention to the reviews written, as we thought how bad could a hotel be with 4 stars. Well the answer is TERRIBLE.
Two days before we were supposed to arrive we received an email stating that they had made a mistake and double booked our room, so we were being booked into another hotel. They sent the information of the hotel, so we sent an email to confirm this and within 10 minutes we received a new mail from Hotel Gebhard saying that they now did have a room for us. Ok.

After having driven for more than 10 hours we arrived at the hotel around 11:30 am. I entered the hotel and found the lobby empty. After walking around a bi, I spotted 2 women sitting at a table chatting away. I stood there for a while, in the meantime they had noticed me and proceeded to completely ignore me. After 10 minutes finally one of the woman asked me want I wanted. I told her that I would like to check in and she informed me that the room was not ready and then continued her conversation. I then asked her if we could change somewhere and she pointed at the toilet. After asking her if there was any where we could park the car, she pointed outside and said 'out there'. After, I then informed her I had camera equipment and laptops, she just shrugged and said that that it was my problem. Further conversation proved impossible as she then continued to tell me "I no understand'. Which I think is quite amazing if right after that you receive a phone call and then can suddenly speak English ... To cut a long story short we felt as a family not welcome at all, so we contacted the tourist office in Fiss and managed to book a fantastic room at another hotel in Fiss. My husband has contacted his bank to ask them to cancel the payment and I hope to warn all travellers thinking of booking this hotel to not do so. I do not care how good their food is or how many stars they have awarded themselves .. just do the math .. they have 17 reviews of which 4 are bad .. I mean really bad ... I hope some of you will do the translation of the German reviews which are bad, and be warned .. of Agnes our not so friendly hostess who seems to be more concerned about her leopard dress and her looks than she is about welcoming her guests.

Room Tip: Agnes, the woman at the front desk told my daughter that the room we were booked in, a guest had die...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank LadyChefRotterdam

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Baia Mare, Maramures, Romania
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We has a very pleasant stay in August. Big , modern and spotless room for 4 persons with a huge balcony. The best thing was the dinner. The cooker îs a really Masterchef , very tasty food and the plate looks always amazing. The only one bad thing in summer îs tha the hotel doesn't have any garden , it's situated exactly in the street .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marinela J
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A family run business which I would highly recommend.
Tremendous value for money - the 4 course evening meals where delicious!

The hotel is in easy walking distance to the cable car and the hikers bus stop literally just around the corner.

Every where was spotlessy clean. Stylish decor throughout. Although it does say Pets not allowed in their website the management welcomed our (well-behaved) golden retriever and only charged 19.euros for the 4 nights

Just returned from our second summer stay and we weren't dissappointed.

Room Tip: Hotel Gebhard has an interesting range of rooms - old, new, small, large. Michael happy to show the...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alisoncaviezel
Zurich
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Stayed for a week in March in one of the newly renovated rooms , nice family run hotel,
Room was very clean and comfortable , Hotel is in middle of Fiss so 5- 10 min walk to the lifts ( you can leave skis,boots and ski lift ) Dinner was very good 5 crse meal, portions were just right and nice mix of menu offerings , has a pleasant wine list and friendly staff . Hotel has a small wellness area and for next winter will under go futher renovations - has about 20 rooms - would be happy to recommend
Fiss is a more family focused place, not much nite life , but ski area is great and friendly people !

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple