My husband and I chose Brac Island to spend a week, before starting a multi-sport adventure on mainland Croatia. We read the island was laid back, had great sea views, and was serene. All of what we read was true of our stay at the Waterman Svpetrvs resort too. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment (bring your own toiletries if staying in an apartment vs. a hotel room). The resort is well maintained,clean and within walking distance to town(Supetar), and the ferry dock. It is a 50 minute ferry ride from the Split mainland. You may schedule day trips from the resort to Hvar Island, Vis island, Milna, Split, Trogir, and many other beautiful places. One may cheaply rent a moped or car and see the island, including Bol, which has Zlatni Rat beach, considered to be a top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world and the local seaside villages.
I did not feel costumer service was an issue during our stay as other reviewers had. We missed breakfast the first day there due to sleeping late from the time difference, and late arrival the day before. Lunch was not being served yet, so the pleasant lady stocking the bar area told us to have a seat. She brought us a large plate of cheese, cold cuts, fresh bread, jams, coffee, juice and milk. She did not charge us and told us to enjoy are stay instead. Any request we had for more towels etc was taken care of in a prompt matter, One day we did not have hot water and did not report it till late in the day. They came to our room and said you will have it in 20-30 minutes and we did.
I must admit my favorite part of the resort is the beautiful setting and crystal blue waters of the Adriatic. The views of the mainland and landscape, both day and night(lights), are awesome! You will not go wrong with this location if you stay on Brac Island. Bring water shoes because all the beaches are all pebble.
The resort is also a 2 minute walk to Punta which is rated the best restaurant on the island. The island also has spectacular sunsets and Punta probably has the best location to eat and view the sunsets at the same time. One may also sit on the beach at the resort and experience the same great sunset views.
My main complaint I have with the resort is that they did not offer complimentary
wifi. I feel a 4 star resort should offer free wifi. It was quite expensive to use the resorts, so we went to the local cafes or restaurants, who provided complimentary wifi service. If you use their complimentary laundry machines, and do not understand the Croatian language, I would suggest asking for help. We "boiled" our clothes, as we had never heard of a machine that would heat the water to boiling, especially that was not for commercial use. We also set it for a 2 hour cycle on top of it all. Once you start a cycle you must allow the machine to complete it. This was our ignorance of a foreign machine.
We enjoyed our stay at the Waterman and the staff, and would definitely consider staying there again. Location, location, location is perfect! Setting is out of a perfect picture! Thank you for such a wonderful holiday stay!
Also, I failed to mention that the resort area has 3 or 4 different hotels that share the complex. The way it is laid out, one would not even know this, unless the front desk had told me. Thanks again to all the staff for their hard work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the beautiful Adriatic sea, away from all the noise, Waterman Svpetrvs Resorts is a unique place offering you the ultimate holiday experience. Located in the picturesque town of Supetar on the island Brač, Waterman Svpetrvs Resort will have you coming back over and over again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Waterman Svpetrvs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterman Svpetrvs Hotel Supetar
- Waterman Svpetrvs Resort Brac Island, Croatia - Supetar