“Quiet resort in a beautiful setting”

Waterman Svpetrvs Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Supetar
Delaware, Ohio
“Quiet resort in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I chose Brac Island to spend a week, before starting a multi-sport adventure on mainland Croatia. We read the island was laid back, had great sea views, and was serene. All of what we read was true of our stay at the Waterman Svpetrvs resort too. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment (bring your own toiletries if staying in an apartment vs. a hotel room). The resort is well maintained,clean and within walking distance to town(Supetar), and the ferry dock. It is a 50 minute ferry ride from the Split mainland. You may schedule day trips from the resort to Hvar Island, Vis island, Milna, Split, Trogir, and many other beautiful places. One may cheaply rent a moped or car and see the island, including Bol, which has Zlatni Rat beach, considered to be a top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world and the local seaside villages.

I did not feel costumer service was an issue during our stay as other reviewers had. We missed breakfast the first day there due to sleeping late from the time difference, and late arrival the day before. Lunch was not being served yet, so the pleasant lady stocking the bar area told us to have a seat. She brought us a large plate of cheese, cold cuts, fresh bread, jams, coffee, juice and milk. She did not charge us and told us to enjoy are stay instead. Any request we had for more towels etc was taken care of in a prompt matter, One day we did not have hot water and did not report it till late in the day. They came to our room and said you will have it in 20-30 minutes and we did.

I must admit my favorite part of the resort is the beautiful setting and crystal blue waters of the Adriatic. The views of the mainland and landscape, both day and night(lights), are awesome! You will not go wrong with this location if you stay on Brac Island. Bring water shoes because all the beaches are all pebble.

The resort is also a 2 minute walk to Punta which is rated the best restaurant on the island. The island also has spectacular sunsets and Punta probably has the best location to eat and view the sunsets at the same time. One may also sit on the beach at the resort and experience the same great sunset views.

My main complaint I have with the resort is that they did not offer complimentary
wifi. I feel a 4 star resort should offer free wifi. It was quite expensive to use the resorts, so we went to the local cafes or restaurants, who provided complimentary wifi service. If you use their complimentary laundry machines, and do not understand the Croatian language, I would suggest asking for help. We "boiled" our clothes, as we had never heard of a machine that would heat the water to boiling, especially that was not for commercial use. We also set it for a 2 hour cycle on top of it all. Once you start a cycle you must allow the machine to complete it. This was our ignorance of a foreign machine.

We enjoyed our stay at the Waterman and the staff, and would definitely consider staying there again. Location, location, location is perfect! Setting is out of a perfect picture! Thank you for such a wonderful holiday stay!
Also, I failed to mention that the resort area has 3 or 4 different hotels that share the complex. The way it is laid out, one would not even know this, unless the front desk had told me. Thanks again to all the staff for their hard work!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank MARCIA077

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Calais, France
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed there from Sept 27 to Oct 4 with a group of French students in tourism. I am their English teacher and they had plenty of opportunities to practice their English there. The room was clean and the service in general was great. I had nice partial sea views and the building was quiet. Our students behaved, there was no problem with the other guests, they were quite a refreshing sight in the resort which mostly caters for seniors during that period. Food and drinks were good and varied. We didn't use the all inclusive facilities much, but the packed lunch was decent.
I was too tired in the evening to appreciate the entertainment on offer, we used the resort as a starting point for our day-long excursions. By the way, we found better deals on excursions through the local travel agent than on the resort itself. It is worth shopping around when you get there. Bol and Blaca monastery on the same day are a must, a boat from Bol to a secluded bay and then a 45 minute walk to the monastery and the boat picks you up from the same place. It really felt like going back in time with the unspoilt scenery and the monastery.
To sum up, I really enjoyed the stay and would recommend it to families or groups of friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our resort. I am very happy to see that you and your students had a nice time here and that you liked our facilities and service.
Furthermore, thank you so much for your recommendation- it is very much appreciated.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Not the easiest place to find because of all the one way streets. Staff very friendly and helpful.
As we were exchanging a Timeshare week, we were first of all shown one or two apartments with not very attractive views (buildings) before being offered a ground level apartment overlooking the park and sea. The modest apartment was very quiet and clean, with a small balcony where we had breakfast. Had to sit outside the entrance door to get WIFI connections.
The local super market is about ten minutes walk away and the lovely village of Supertar about twenty. As we wanted to visit the island we didn't use most of the facilities apart from the beach where you can rent beach chairs and umbrellas. Don't forget to take plastic shoes - quite a lot of sea urchins... A nice place to stay for a short break.

Room Tip: If possible. ask for a beach front room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Patricia I
Paula - QC S, Guest Relations Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear guest,
I am very happy to see you had a nice time with us! Thank you for taking your time and writing such a positive review. It is always very rewarding to get such a positive feedback from our clients. I hope you will come and visit us again! Have a nice weekend,
Paula
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We quite enjoyed our stay at Waterman's, for the following reasons:

* Friendly, helpful staff that helped fill us in on the information our charter company, Apollo, failed to provide
* Very friendly cleaning personnel that did a good job with a smile.
* Awesome location next to the beach, right next door to the best Rastoran Punta and close to the town of Supetar.
* Very nice and newly refurbished bungalow with kitchen appliances and a freezer.
* Lots of swimming pools both for adults and kids!

The things we did not like:

* The beds were hard as rock. My neck still hurts a little two days after.
* The two bedroom bungalow we got had too little sound insulation, so a nearby disco kept us up all night. One needs to take sleeping pills or stuff something in the ears. Note that people in the apartment building did not have this problem, and I am not holding this against the hotel, but you should be aware of it as a guest.
* Wifi reception was spotty at best, we could only get a signal in the left side of the sofa near the window, and even then it only sometimes worked on the iPad, not on any of our phones. Wifi was good in the lawn lounge in front of hotel Kaktus, though.
* One Internet user pr. room, ie. one can only use one device on the Internet at the time. This is just stupid and very impractical. Easily circumvented by bringing a wireless range extender that sets up a seperate NATed network and uses the hotel wifi as default route, but I forgot to bring mine.
* Lots of small and not so small bugs that I don't know the english name for found their way into the bungalow as it is on the ground floor. I love stomping on God's creation as much as the next man, but it got kind of old after the third night. Fitting a rubber list/moulding under the doors would fix this.
* The outdoor pool next to the beach has "entertainment" that was very tiresome. The loud noise stopped us from using the front porch during the day. The issue was being made worse due to the choppy sound of the obviously busted PA speaker. This was also a problem on the nearby beach.

Things we know nothing about:

* The food. We never ate here, we only had reservations for a room, not the all-inclusive deal. After seeing the food lines we are kind of glad we ate somewhere else although we hear that the food is quite good here.

We still think this is a very good alternative as it is a professionally run resort with no major dealbreakers present. Thanks for the stay!

Room Tip: Do not go for the bungalows, too much noise from a nearby disco and one of the pools.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ola O
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice review. I am happy to see you had a very nice stay with us, despite minor difficulties. As we want to improve our guest satisfaction, we will take your negative points and turn them into positives. Thank you for contributing to our improvements and taking the time to show us the resort trough guests eyes.
Best regards and I wish you a nice day,
Paula
Porsgrunn, Norway
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had an appartement, and that was really nice. The sleeping sofas was like sleeping on rock, but I have slept in worse beds in South East Asia. On the balcony we had breakfast every morning, and it was a good way to start the days. The area of Supetrus i big, but it is easy to find your way around. We stayed at the Meridien appartment, and took us only three minutes to walk to the beach.

Most of the guest I think had all inclusive, and I hate the concept. When you are in Croatia, Greece, Italy or other places. Eat local, use your money local, drink local, Stay away from all inclusive.

Room Tip: No elevator in the Meridien appartments, but still you are better of with an appartement on second o...
1 Thank HarryPorsgrunn
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest,
I am happy you had a lazy week with us and that you liked it! That is what a vacation is all about!
Thank you for taking your time to write such a positive review on the resort! I hope we will have the possibility to welcome you to our property again!
Wishing you a wonderful day,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The overall standard of the place is good. We did not go for all-inclusive package on purpose so I can only comment on the breakfast which we thought was fairly good and varied.

The pool area was nice, a bit overcrowded few times but nothing to complain about. The in-house entertainers were always around with their idiotic "crazy games" or one or the other daft dance routine, but the place would definitely be better off without them.

Rating themselves at 4 stars, the free wifi should in my opinion be included without question. The charges for wifi were outrageous and we had no intentions of paying. Some other reviews have suggested poor reception, which I cannot confirm. But charging for wifi at a 4 star hotel is just not done anymore when any local cafe will give it free. Very, very poor decision demonstrating the intention of milking the guests for all the money possible. I'd have given "Very good" if this wasn't the case.

The island overall is beautiful. Rent a car and leave Supetar as soon as possible if you want genuine experiences. Go to Postira for a much nicer small harbour town, Bobovisca na Moru for a quaint bath and Donji Humac for some amazing food at Konoba Kopačina.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Kaktus/Salvia area which I later percieved to be the best area to stay, maybe apart...
2 Thank daninor
Paula - QC S, Manager at Waterman Svpetrvs Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your stay at our resort. I am glad you liked the property despite the Internet issue. Furthermore, I am sorry you did not like the entertainment team, however I do hope you got a chance to visit the adult only pool which is an entertainment free pool.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and that you will be more satisfied then now.
Norway
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights travelling together with a group of 17 other family members.

Upon arrival we were informed that there were no available rooms for us as our travel agency had failed to confirm that we would arrive a couple of days later than rest of the party and this had thus been treated as a "no show". We were told that we would have to stay with other family members in their rooms the first night and then check back with the reception after breakfast the next day. We managed to arrange this but got another shock the next day when we were handed a tiny, warn hotel room, having paid extra for a renovated apartment. While the rest of our family members was situated in one building we were placed somewhere else on the resort. This definitely ruined part of our vacation. As did all the back and forth with the staff in the reception.

Even though the matter at hand was our travel agency´s fault (which they clearly admitted the first day) we felt as the hotel did not properly handle the situation as they should have. Few of the staff spoke fluent English and we had problems explaining ourselved to them and neither of them could give us any answers without consulting the manager (who was never there). Instead of doing what they could to make us feel welcome despite the troubles they made us feel like a burden. Having been to the reception 5-6 times the first two days we had not received any information about the resort at all (whereabouts, towels, wifi etc.), we either had to ask them or find it out on our own. I have never felt so unwelcome anywhere!

Our room was as earlier mentioned tiny and warn. The walls where so thin that we could hear our neighbors pressing the buttons on the AC-remote or opening a can of soda. Once it got dark outside our hallway and balcony was filled with grasshoppers. Our family members did not see a single one where they stayed.

The wifi was even worse than the room. We got a super-slow reception at one single spot in our room and it was horrible everywhere else on the resort, except for on the beach where it actually worked ok(!). We had wifi included in our rate but this did only cover access for one equipment.

The food was nothing to write home about. Overcooked (basically everything tasted the same) and hardly no salad/vegetables etc. The line for dinner was also enormous and we were lucky if we got hold of a table right away. Even though we had all inclusive we ended up eating out several times due to the issues adressed.

The only positive thing I have to note is the resort itself. It´s in close proximity to the beach and has several different pools to choose from. There´s even a little kiosk in the resort area. There are bars and restaurants located just outside the resort area and Supetar centre is just a 5-10 min walk away.

Brač seemed like a nice island but I would recommend staying somewhere else if you want a problem free vacation.

3 Thank iJulie
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at our hotel.
These situations are always very unfortunate especially due to the fact they are a result of miscommunication. I am sure none of our staff members had the intention to make you feel unwelcomed because we always try to do our best to make the guest feel like home. I am very sorry you have a bad stay.
Paua Sekulo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Supetar
Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa
Illyrian Resort
Illyrian Resort
#1 of 1 in Milna
Amfora Hvar Grand Beach Resort

Been to Waterman Svpetrvs Resort? Share your experiences!