We booked our wedding in Summer 2013. We wanted a traditional Cypriot "Mumma Mia" themed wedding and I couldn't feel happier that we were lucky enough to find this little gem!
Since I first spoke to Christina she was the most helpful person and I felt an instant connection with her. From start to finish planning our wedding was completely stress free because of her professionalism and care.
Christina put us in touch with recommended suppliers & we had the most fantastic photographer Marios & beautiful flowers by Maria. We decided to go and visit Vasilias in March ahead of our wedding which took place the 20th June. From the moment we drew up in the taxi we knew we'd made the right choice choosing vasilias. The rustic charm, family feel, beautiful surroundings and Cypriot sunshine made us feel very happy. We were made to feel so welcome by Christina and her lovely family and felt at home. They really looked after us and Dora & Demetri cooked delicious meals for us. We relaxed by the lovely pool in the day and Christina helped us sort everything ahead of the wedding. We met Marios and Maria and planned the whole day from start to finish so we left feeling happy everything was sorted ahead of the big day. After three days stay we couldn't wait to get back in June!
Next came - the wedding!! We booked out vasilias for three days so some of our guests could stay there. The 20th of June arrived, a beautiful sunny day. We got married in the romantic feel of the terrace with the gorgeous setting behind us. Guests enjoyed drinks and canapés afterwards and we mingled listening to music. We then went to the rustic terrace to eat our Cypriot feast. The food was exceptional with slow roasted lamb, roasted chicken and roasted vegetables not forgetting halloumi for starters - yum!! Christina had done a fantastic job of decorations using the bits I brought over from the UK and it looked even better than I imagined. We then took to the dance floor and I will always remember dancing under the early evening with twinkling fairy lights & lanterns around us and the peaceful, tranquil hills behind us. We enjoyed some dancing and drinks and then to finish the night (highly recommended Cypriot dancers) which were superb!! Everyone commented on the day and said it was such a fab day. They loved the setting, food, atmosphere and all of us could not thank Christina and the team enough for everything they did to make our day so perfect. I can't recommend this venue enough. For anyone wondering if they should book a wedding here, it's a definite YES!! It's unique and perfect. The rooms are lovely and comfortable too and we very much enjoyed our stay there that night and the time in March.
I wish we could do it all again. Vasilias is very special to us now and we miss it very much.
Thankyou Christina xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn is a small traditional and family owned Cyprus inn and exclusive wedding venue.The inn stands on a bend on the west bank of the Dhiarizos river with views up the valley to the Troodos mountains and down the valley to the sea. Hemmed in by lemon and olive groves, it is a profusion of plants of every hue, from bougainvillea to fig trees and cool, grape covered dining terraces.The rustic surroundings offer the ideal place for your holidays away from the hustle and bustle of ordinary life, you can relax under the grapevine-covered terrace or by the swimming pool enjoying the sun.Located just after the village of Nikoklia, a peaceful village with traditional Cypriot charm and an air of sleepiness that makes you feel instantly at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Vasilias Nikoklis Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vasilias Nikoklis Hotel Nikoklia
- Vasilias Nikoklis Inn Cyprus/Nikoklia