Laulasmaa Spa And Conference Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Tahetorni Hotell(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$59
Rocca al Mare(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
Alexi(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Bar/Lounge
Dzingel(Tallinn)
US$61
Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn(Tallinn)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hotels.com
Stroomi(Tallinn)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Nepi(Tallinn)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewspine forestmain buildingwater centreswimming pools and saunasoutdoor poolwarm poolfamily vacationnice weekendsea viewfamily roomsteam saunanice servicenice stayrooms are smallporridgebeautiful naturebeach residence
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel price is over average, but service on 3-stars hotel, reception will proudly defines that if you start asking question. Room equipment is minimal and mostly used. SPA is small. Breakfast choice is very small.

Bed quality was the only one thing from price category we paid. Nature around is great, next time we will take camping and eat in local restaurant instead of taking hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms with half-view, you will get view on service area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mihhail S
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I visited Laulasmaa spa with my friends and, overall, we had a great time. We took basic package: rooms (spa included) and breakfast. At first we thought about spa treatments also but chose not to because they seem to be a bit overpriced.

We booked two connecting double rooms and were given smaller double room (room no. 1331) and bigger twin room (room no. 1332) on the 3rd floor of the main building. There are two kinds of regular double/twin rooms: some are smaller, others a bit bigger, but the width is the same. The other room we got was bigger twin room that is designed for handicapped persons: it was much bigger that twin/double rooms around, had a square layout (regular rooms had narrow rectangular layout) and a big bathroom. Luckily we had connecting rooms and the smaller room didn’t look that claustrophobic. Rooms didn’t have balcony and were facing north.

The rooms were ordinary: writing desk, nice night lamp, LCD TV, shower (in the smaller room surprisingly small). Rooms didn’t have a fridge. It was a bit strange that windows had only night-curtains, so when we wanted to let light in we had to accept that everybody could see us – or close the curtains and switch on the lights. In the bathroom you could find soap (no shampoos, conditioners etc) and a hairdryer (I’d recommend to take your own if you have longer hair).

Laulasmaa has quite OK spa: bigger pool with smaller connecting pools (with underwater showers for feet, back and legs), children’s pool with shower curtain, countercurrent circle-shaped pool, 20 m swimming pool (3 lanes), little outdoor pool and 2 smaller jacuzzis. Saunas are nice as well: 95C wood-burning sauna outside the building (next to it is a little outdoor pool) and sauna-area with regular sauna (max 85C), steam sauna, salt and hot air sauna and an infrared sauna (this was priced). The area was clean and nice. Pool area was getting really crowded at 15-18 o’clock.

Laulasmaa has a daily-basis restaurant that serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, à la carte restaurant Wicca (both are situated on the 2nd floor) and a lobby café-bar that serves drinks, salads, pies and other ready-made food. They sell drinks and snacks in the spa as well. Actually we were a bit puzzled about the food: dinner at Wicca was great but breakfast was poor compared to other spas-hotels in Estonia.

At first: restaurant Wicca. The prices were high even to Tallinn city standards (main courses starting from 15 €, mainly 18-19 €, be prepared to pay at least 60 € for a dinner for two) but food was great. Beaver (!) and entrecôte were just delicious! By the way: book the dinner table at Wicca as soon as you have checked in. At 17 o’clock the tables were already full. The breakfast was unfortunately mediocre: greens (paprika, ice salad, cucumber, tomato), warm food (bacon, wieners, egg-porridge), muesli, boiled eggs and 4 choices of juice. Positive surprises: they offer kama and tomato juice, have a nice cold fish table (incl. jellied fish and herring in different sauces) and you can get hot chocolate, cappuccino and caffè latte as well as regular coffee and tea. Negatives: the food wasn’t very appetizing and the selection was poor (e.g. no porridges).

Overall – we enjoyed our time at Laulasmaa and probably will go back. The location is great, beach is fabulous even in April and atmosphere relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Went here on feb 2014. The location is bad, far away from Tallinna and everything.

The room were really small. Would go here anymore.

Breakfest was ok and the food. Quite expensive.

Didn't use the spa, so don't know about that. Would rather go one of the Tallinna's spas.

Room Tip: Very small rooms. The lobby smelled bad- it was the toilettes in then lobby ok food
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Eevuli
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were there in SPA. It has beautiful big windows and is lovely to be in when sun is shining. The indoor SPA temperature was good. Also the pool water was pleasantly warm. But the maintenance of the SPA (sauna and pool area) is bad. Trashcans were full and toilets dirty (and with strangely broken walls).

The restaurant also has perfect views. First contact in our case was good. It felt almost like 5 star restaurant! But then it all fell apart. The food took a long time (what you could even accept). But after a long waiting you get a truly tiny portion. Main course is just a teaser. As we eat vegetarian, then I can honestly say that the main course (mashed potatoes with forest mushroom - it had a much finer name) over there is the tiniest vegetarian food you can get (I have never seen a smaller portion anywhere). Kid's portions were there almost double size of my main course portion but even they ended up with empt stomach. The ravioli that my wife took were salted too heavily. So heavily that it spoiled the taste. She made a note of that but did not get any response. When I made a remark, that I should have been warned about the smallness of main course the waitress replied "Yes others have also often complained that the portions are small, but our chef sees them as restaurant portions". Come-on! I wanted the smallness pointed out prior I ordered (as it was late we did not have an extra hour to wait as second portion again). But they admit we know that we are bad and even customers point that out often we choose to ignore them. I would have not minded to order triple portion if I would have been warned (the the size of the portion would have been ok)! My food looked lovely and tasted fine - I even said to waitress that it was good prior making a note. But here reaction is only suitable for no star place: to admit that we know that we do things wrong and you customers are always wrong is strange! So as a customers I felt truly strange. I really do not feel like going back to Wicca after that strange experience.

Also several customers that were wanted to come to Wicca (while we waited our food) were sent away from restaurant even they had a free tables. So you really get a feeling there that your are not welcome there!

So the Wicca has potential - but service of that place spoils it totally. Overall feeling can be summed this way: Wicca wants to be 5 star place but has less then 2 star service and truly tiny portions that are sometimes heavily salty.

Laulasmaa SPA only confirmed that - it has potential but is not managed well. So it's not worth a trip unless there is a beautiful weather. During summer and beautiful winter days when there are less guests it might work as it is situated in picture perfect area. But when they have full house things fail bigtime.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kaur L
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It was last minute decision to go to Laulasmaa. So I booked a room via phone. As it was Saturday there was no room in main building and I got one in beach residence which is just across the yard.
I paid 75EUR for room but you can get cheaper deals from different coupon sites.
Location - 35km from Tallinn. As I arrived by car I have no idea how to get there with public transport.
Room - as I mentioned got room in beach residence (room 2206). It was small (14m2) but I knew that from their homepage, so no problem. And to be honest I didn't need more space.
Biggest downside of all my stay was fact that you can hear all noises from neighbour rooms. During daytime I heard how some guys talked with each other, in the morning I heard how room service moved beds This was really annoying. Most probably I'd avoid rooms in beach residence next time. I have no clue if the main building rooms have same problem or not.
Bathroom was ok
Facilities - main attraction of course is SPA what is included in room price. Some pools, different saunas. As Saturday is peak time there was quite a lot of people. But just for relaxing it was good.
I can only imagine that during summer the beach should be nice. At the moment it was windy and I had no reason to stay there longer than short moment.
Wifi was free and almost everywhere except restaurant.
Breakfast - typical buffet breakfast with bacon, smashed eggs etc. Nothing special.
Restaurant - at the beginning I had some doubts cause I didn't plan to spend much money on food. Average main courses were 18EUR and dessert 6EUR. But what I can say now is that it was one of my best experiences for a long time. Worth of every penny.
I took beaver meat and my mare took duck. Both were delicious. For the dessert was creme brule but not very ordinary one. There were 2 kind of it - frozen and usual with local Estonian liquer Vana Tallinn. The frozen one was veryvery good. So I paid for the restaurant same price I paid for room.
In the evening I also visited local pub (5min walk) but it was nothing special. Usual beer and food selection.
Staff - ok. Check-in and check-out were quick. During check-in they didn't provide any information as they usually do in receptions.

So overall I'd try one more time main building rooms. But I definitely want to try Wicca's menu one more time. Sad that they don't promote it on homepage much (no information about menu).

Room Tip: 2206 in Beach Residence is not a good option as you can hear all noise coming from other rooms. But it has sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple