We stayed two nights in a family room at this hotel in July 2013. It was a prolonged stopover en route from the Cote d'Azur back to Calais and the UK, giving us time for a day in Paris. Ease of access to central Paris, while avoiding central Paris prices and having to drive in the city itself, was therefore important, and the Campanile at Torcy is very convenient in these respects.
Road access from the motorway network (finally from the A104) is very easy and there is ample parking. Travel into Paris via the RER is also easy, as the station is about 10 minutes walk and the train journey only about half an hour. When we left at 8am, we quickly and easily made our way up the A104 past CDG and onto the A1. That was a Sunday, however, and we can't comment on traffic density on other days, though the route would still be straightforward.
The room was comfortable and clean, though I would class the air conditioning as mediocre. We had to change rooms an hour after arriving because the air conditioning in the first room was not working at all. In the second room, it was not very good, but it made the room cool enough in the end for us to sleep soundly. The beds were comfortable and the shower excellent.
We did not book breakfast, which we thought overpriced, but we did eat in the restaurant on the first evening. Service was very friendly and efficient and the food quality good. Most main courses seemed to be in the price range 10-13 euros. Draught beer was very expensive at 6.90 euros but a generous glass of red wine set us back only 2.80.
The walkways to rooms on all floors appear to have been recently treated with some sort of rubber coating. I say "recently" because there was still a faint odour, which is not detectable in the rooms and which is surely fading rapidly. This made the walkways very quiet and we were not disturbed by other residents or by the luggage trolley.
One other convenient factor is that there is a Carrefour a short distance away with an associated 24 hour petrol station (pay at pump out of hours).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Campanile hotel is located in Torcy, 17 miles east of Paris. It offers air conditioned accommodations with free Wi-Fi access and free on-site private parking.A continental breakfast is served daily and the Campanile Torcy Marne-La-Vallée has a bar and restaurant.The Campanile Torcy Marne-La-Vallée is a 10 minute walk from Torcy RER train station which offers direct access to central Paris and Disneyland Resort Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Louvre hotels, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Campanile Marne la Vallee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Torcy Hotel Marne-La-Vallee
- Campanile Torcy Marne La Vallée
- Campanile Marne La Vallee Torcy, Marne-La-Vallee