My two star rating is quite generous for this 'hotel'. We stayed here for two nights over Easter weekend as part of a Disneyland Paris coach trip with Goldcrest Holidays.
We had some communication issues with the lady at reception, our drivers needed a twin room but instead got a double bed with a small futon bed under a shelf and were not satisfied. We had a little trouble too. At first she assigned us the wrong room (the drivers' room) and we had to go back to reception and were informed that we were receiving a twin but instead we got a double room (what we requested in the beginning). It was a long night but the situation was eventually resolved.
The rooms are very small and basic. This didn't bother us as we were there for Disneyland and didn't expect much from the accommodation. One thing that really did bother us however was the noisiness of the walkways outside while we were trying to sleep. To get to your room you had to walk outside (motel style) and enter via the outdoor walkways as opposed to indoor corridors. Hearing people travel to their rooms during the night with heavy suitcases was extremely unpleasant and the walls were not soundproof at all.
On the day we checked out we searched the room first to make sure we didn't leave any possessions behind only to find a pair of women's underwear under our bed that did not belong to us! Ewww!
The breakfast was very basic also, if it was not free we would not have paid for it, but still a bonus nevertheless.
After staying at the Kyriad hotel further up the road we were already familiar with the area, the train station is a ten minute walk for Disneyland and 4 stops from Torcy. We used the RER train our first night for a trip to Disney Village. The area is quite rough but we've never received any trouble in past visits nor did we this one. There are nicer areas closer to Disneyland if you plan to stay offsite, Val D'Europe for one I cannot recommend enough.
We wouldn't stay here again. If we were ever to stay in the Torcy area again we prefer the Kyriad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Campanile hotel is located in Torcy, 17 miles east of Paris. It offers air conditioned accommodations with free Wi-Fi access and free on-site private parking.A continental breakfast is served daily and the Campanile Torcy Marne-La-Vallée has a bar and restaurant.The Campanile Torcy Marne-La-Vallée is a 10 minute walk from Torcy RER train station which offers direct access to central Paris and Disneyland Resort Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Louvre hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Torcy Hotel Marne-La-Vallee
- Campanile Torcy Marne La Vallée
- Campanile Marne La Vallee Torcy Marne-La-Vallee