“Not a hotel, more motel or hostel.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Torcy
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not a hotel, more motel or hostel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My two star rating is quite generous for this 'hotel'. We stayed here for two nights over Easter weekend as part of a Disneyland Paris coach trip with Goldcrest Holidays.

We had some communication issues with the lady at reception, our drivers needed a twin room but instead got a double bed with a small futon bed under a shelf and were not satisfied. We had a little trouble too. At first she assigned us the wrong room (the drivers' room) and we had to go back to reception and were informed that we were receiving a twin but instead we got a double room (what we requested in the beginning). It was a long night but the situation was eventually resolved.

The rooms are very small and basic. This didn't bother us as we were there for Disneyland and didn't expect much from the accommodation. One thing that really did bother us however was the noisiness of the walkways outside while we were trying to sleep. To get to your room you had to walk outside (motel style) and enter via the outdoor walkways as opposed to indoor corridors. Hearing people travel to their rooms during the night with heavy suitcases was extremely unpleasant and the walls were not soundproof at all.

On the day we checked out we searched the room first to make sure we didn't leave any possessions behind only to find a pair of women's underwear under our bed that did not belong to us! Ewww!

The breakfast was very basic also, if it was not free we would not have paid for it, but still a bonus nevertheless.

After staying at the Kyriad hotel further up the road we were already familiar with the area, the train station is a ten minute walk for Disneyland and 4 stops from Torcy. We used the RER train our first night for a trip to Disney Village. The area is quite rough but we've never received any trouble in past visits nor did we this one. There are nicer areas closer to Disneyland if you plan to stay offsite, Val D'Europe for one I cannot recommend enough.

We wouldn't stay here again. If we were ever to stay in the Torcy area again we prefer the Kyriad.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel about 4-5 times now, always on business trips. The nice thing about the hotel is that it's practical for a short stay. The rooms are small but with big, comfortable bed. The rooms are clean, the bathroom is ok (with bath/shower). There is a desk at every room that's ok to work on (but the chair will make you scream after few hours). You also get TV, electric kettle and some tea and coffee in the room. But that's it. Unfortunately no mineral water (and it's impossible to buy it after about midnight as there is no staff in the reception in the night).

Important: no fridge to keep some food and no safe to keep your valuables.

Breakfasts are good but don't waste time with the restaurant for dinner. The food is not good at all, the prices are high and the service is not very helpful and always in a rush.

The service in the hotel is another topic. It's impossible to pay upfront for the room. I always had problems with getting the invoice right. Once I've been even billed for food that I've already paid for in the restaurant and didn't even hear 'sorry'.

To sum it up: I will be back there because it's very convenient for me to work from that place. And that's the only reason. If I had to choose a place to stay for vacation I would probably stay away from this place.

One more useful tip: It's far away from the centre of Paris (~30min via RER) but it's close to Disneyland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Krzysztof U

Travellers are raving about these Torcy hotels

Stoke On Trent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a coach trip to Paris. Hotel is very basic throughout, from the rooms to the restaurant, food and staff.
The first room we were put in was on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel, near the laundry and cleaning storage area, not very pleasant at all. The room was VERY basic, no heating and very small with a wet room for a bathroom. The bed was large but very hard, although the bedding was clean and the pillows nice and soft. We complained about the lack of heating in the room to which the hotel receptionist was very rude and said the housekeeper would look at the following day. I involved the tour guide when he returned to the hotel later that evening and she explained to him that she had misunderstood me and would move us straight away. She did not misunderstand me at all -she was just rude!!!
The room we were moved to was a floor higher but still at the back of the hotel right above the generator or something that made a lot of noise, but at least the room was slightly bigger and warm!
The noise did not particularly bother us, but I have read other reviews which mention this. So be warned - room 101.
The breakfast was a basic continental breakfast, with very limited and not replenished very often.
Restaurant was not open during the evening whilst we were there for 3 nights!? And they stopped serving drinks between 10.30/11pm! Every time you went to the bar the price was different!
What was good about the hotel was the location for Paris and Disney. The train/bus station are only a short walk away and you can get into Paris in about 30 mins, we bought an all day ticket, which allowed us to use the train, metro and bus and it cost 16 euro each. Disney is only 3 stops away and that cost us 6 euro each.

There is a large shopping centre complex very close by and there are about 5/6 restaurants there to use in the evening if needs be. We went to the steakhouse/grill and had a lovely meal which was reasonable priced

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, as it gives us a good feedback about your stay in our hotel.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay. We regret that our hotel didn’t better meet with your expectations as we would have wish to provide you with a higher service.

We tend to offer an adequate service as well as accurate facilities following our hotel’s quality standards, which aims to be more functional and affordable. At least, we are happy that you enjoyed the convenient location of your hotel.

Regarding the heating system, we will check in all the rooms if the system is working well. Regarding the noise, we will check the room in question to evaluate which solutions could be etablished to resolve the situation.

We ensure you that we will do our best to take your precious comments into consideration in order to improve our service quality in the future.

We would like to thank you again for your message as it really helps us to improve our service.

We hope to have to pleasure to see you back during a next stay.
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Took group of 60 school students. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms small, basic but adequate. Breakfast great, dinner also good value if not vegetarian. As with most French hotels, vegetarianism is a bit of an alien concept. Plenty of salad stuff on the starter buffet, so you won't starve though. Have used this hotel for the same trip for several years, and happy to continue to do so.

Room Tip: Hotel only replenishes complementary tea once so take your own tea bags and coffee and cup if you wa...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor after your stay in our hotel. We are very pleased to read that you had a great time with us as well as your group of students. It was a real pleasure to meet all of you during these few days we spent together.

Regarding the vegetarian offer in our restaurant, we will take your comment into consideration in order to improve this area of our food offer, and more especially to better meet one of our foreign guests ‘expectation.

We thank you again for your feedback about our hotel. We really appreciate it as it helps us to both improve the quality of the service we offer and better serve our customers.

We hope you will continue to choose our hotel for your next trips. We would be very glad to meet you again and hope to see you back during your next stay.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Though slightly far from main Paris city, it is very conveniently located.I stayed here for 2 nights during my trip to Paris.Rooms,though small, are well kept and with the required utilities.Beds are good with comforters.My room was on the ground floor with beautiful view of the lawns in the front dotted with rose plants.Staff are smart and friendly.The best part of my stay here was the buffet breakfast which was very elaborate with varieties of cereals,breads,cookies,eggs,fruits,juices and hot beverages et al.The guest lounge and recption lobby were really very good excellent sofas.I suggest them to keep some magazines in English since all reading materials were in French.

I definitely recommend this property to the Budget travellers to Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Customer,
We acquainted with your comment and we thank you for it. We are happy to notice that you appreciated the situation of our hotel, near Disneyland and at 25 minutes of the center of Paris. We are delighted to notice that you appreciated our breakfast with a large choice, and the view of the room too. We shall not miss to congratulate our teams about the welcome which they reserved you during your stay. The comments of our customers are always source of improvement. Looking forward to seeing again you.
Ankara, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

It was the worst hotel i stayed in. I couldn't sleep because the rooms were too small, there was just enough space for bed. And the heater wasn't working. Also the sheets smelled funny.
Plus if you are there to go around Paris, this place is way too out of the city center. The only nice thing was breakfast.

Stayed October 2013
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Customer,
We acquainted with your comment and we thank you for it. We regret that you did not appreciate the size of our rooms which correspond to the standard of our group. We are happy to notice that you appreciated our breakfast. The comments of our customers are always source of improvement. Looking forward to seeing again you.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels as I work away of a week and I have never felt the need to write a review, until now.

My reservation was made through a company called HRS. This company send billing instructions to the hotel and to the guest that clearly state that the guest does not pay and that the payment should be charged to the card used to make the payment. When I arrived at the hotel, the girl on reception had all these documents printed out and highlighted and confirmed with me that I do not pay.

When I was checking out, the man on the reception refused to let me leave. He said I needed to pay and there was no proof that I do not need to pay. A girl arrived and started to deal with me and she also said I needed to pay. I showed her the billing instructions from HRS but she said she didn't care and that I needed to pay. When I said I didn't they called security and said they would ring the police. Something which was completely unnecessary. I was angry but I was by no means threatening. I also said I would wait in the reception until I could speak to someone else.

I was so humilated by these members of staff. If you are on business and you are not the person who needs to pay then do not stay here. I've emailed the manager of the hotel but I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Melissa F
Audrey P, Directeur général at Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Customer,
We acquainted with your comment and we thank you for it. We are very sorry about the inconvenience that you have received in ou hotel during your arrival. I am going to accompany my employees to improve our welcome. Conscious of our error, our front office manager sent you an email which you did not apparently have to apologize. He also immediately made the rembousement of the room after your departure. The comments of our customers are always source of improvement. Looking forward to seeing again you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torcy
B&B Hotel Marne la Vallee Bussy
Novotel Marne La Vallee Collegien
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee
Ibis Budget Marne la Vallee
#2 of 2 in St.-Thibault-des-Vignes

Been to Campanile Marne la Vallee Torcy? Share your experiences!