“Good budget stay for Disneyland Paris”

Torcy Marne-la-Vallee
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Torcy
Reviewed 15 April 2014

You get what you pay for.. I paid 200 euros for 3 nights during the Easter hols, the hotel is not in a particularly great area but the locals are fine. The room reminded me of a 80's council bedsit.
It was clean and came with decent towels loo rolls and hand/shower gels and washing up liquid etc, kitchen was 2 hobs and a microwave. Shower/toilet room was a prefabricated shower like in a caravan, though it was clean and worked and was nice, small but nice.

A large carrefour supermarket is 15mins walk in the bay 2 shopping centre and a small spar is 3 mins away with some small shops such as a tabac and a butchers with rotisserie chicken (yum)

The hotel had a mini laundrette (there was one around the corner as well) plenty of restaurants in bay 1 next door.
Torcy RER station is 5 mins walk away, €3.30 single to Marne le valley chessy -parcs Disneyland half price for kids and a book of 10 single tickets was €27.30 runs all day till late at night, just remember to validate your ticket at the station! Loads of people was being penalty fared at torcy and Marne le valley.

To Summarise this place is perfect if you want a cheap cheerful place to put your head down at night but if you want nice and cozy. Go else where.
Oh avoid the breakfast., it's too pricey and rubbish. Get some cornflakes!!

Room Tip: Higher the better. For noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
xavier h, Gérant at Torcy Marne-la-Vallee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Customer

The entire staff here at Adagio Access Torcy would like to join me in thanking you for your comments.

Keeping you satisfied means that we can enhance the quality of our service on an ongoing basis.

We look forward to seeing you again, next time you stay at Adagio Access Torcy

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed in this serviced apartment for 2 nights, for the purpose of visiting Disneyland.

The location was excellent, with Disneyland only 15 mins drive away, and the apartment itself is very well served by a shopping mall (10mins walk or 3 mins drive), Carrefour hypermarket, petrol station, restaurants etc.

The apartment itself was also spacious, well equipped and had a good internet connection (although it's wired so you need a laptop with an ethernet port). The reception area has WiFi.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EnigmaticProdigy
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I know you get what you pay for but we won't be back.

Party - family outing to Disneyland Paris, 2 adults, a 7 year old and a 9 month baby.

Finding it - easy. Just off the motorway.

Parking - no probs with parking and didn't see any yobs undesirables hanging around. Free parking.

Access - thanks to the reviews on this site, we called the reception for an entry code and safe code for the keys as we were arriving after 6.00pm.

Accommodation - if you've been skiing in the French Alps and stayed in a 2 star self-catering student 'doss' type apartment this was worse than that. The photos on the hotel site must be from somewhere else because there is no way they could have polished this turd to look even semi-reasonable. Just a grubby place really ... paper peeling off the wall, plasterboard crumbling behind the cooker hob and a shower head that wouldn't stay in the upright position. We left it in a cleaner state than we found it.

However, the best was yet to come. We couldn't turn the electric rings off on the hob no matter trying a range of dial positions. When the light was off the rings got hotter. Not great for our 7 year old if she had to get up in the night to go to the loo and walk past the hob. So as a last resort we called the emergency phone number which just went to the hotel out of office answer message. Not happy!

Did offer free Wi-Fi which was very welcome.

Massively unimpressed with this hotel and Accor should be embarrassed to have this line of accommodation in their portfolio.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PTC72
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Prior to arriving at the hotel I contacted staff to let them know we would be arriving after reception closed, following advice from other reviewers. I received an email from staff giving me the code for the door (which is locked at night), and the code for the safe where they had stored my key. Because of their timely response and helpful manner I had high hopes for this hotel, however when I arrived I was sorely disappointed!

We arrived at around 23:00 on a Monday night, and as previous reviewers have said, there were men milling around the carpark and surrounding areas which did not fill me with confidence! There were a few gangs hanging around, with no apparent reason for being there. I felt very uneasy. It must be noted that this hotel is literally in the middle of a shopping area with restaurants and faces a carpark - not a very pleasant view but I've seen worse.

We struggled to find the hotel at first and resorted to using satnav, but again I was wary about flashing my phone around late at night in an area full of lurking people. We eventually managed to find the hotel and were able to gain access to the hotel and remove our key from the safe using the codes we had been provided, which was quite a pain free process. We entered our room and found it to be very basic, but in all honesty we weren't looking for luxury as we only needed a bed for a few nights whilst we visited Disney.

The kitchenette had very very basic facilities, a hob, a sink, a microwave, a fridge and a coffee machine - with no instructions!! (A kettle would have been far more appropriate!) There were two forks, two knives, two spoons and one teaspoon. There was also a corkscrew and tin opener. We tried to use the tin opener on the second day and it literally fell apart in my hands. It was old and rusty and when I approached reception for a replacement I was met with disapproving glances from the staff. They said they would get a new one to me ASAP, but I had to go back 15 minutes later to fetch it and they still hadn't sorted it. Unhelpful!

The bathroom was also basic; toilet, shower, sink. The shower head kept slipping down the pole it was on which made it impossible to get washed properly. They also only provided us with one bath towel and one hand towel for two people for four days. Not acceptable! Our room was never replenished with toilet roll or towels because they have a policy which means they will only daily clean your room if you stay for 4 nights or more. There was a soap dispenser on the wall of the shower which would have been useful if I had not already brought my own.

And to top all this off, our studio was on the bottom floor of the hotel, basically in the carpark. When we arrived the room was really warm so we wanted to open the window to let some air in (the window was about 1.5 metres long and opened like a microwave door right into the room, with a vent option) and as we opened the window we discovered two hand prints and footprints on the windowsill outside as if someone had climbed in! Safe to say we kept the window firmly closed for the remainder of our holiday.

So summing up we were quite disappointed with our stay at Adagio Access Torcy. I have stayed in two other hotels in the area which were far safer than this one in my opinion, but unfortunately did not have self catering facilities.

I would avoid this hotel at all costs. If you absolutely must use this hotel make sure you demand a room away from the carpark and on one of the higher floors. We never got the chance to ask to move rooms as reception was closed every night we returned. This was a scary trip for sure!

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor away from the carpark
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very pleasant stay,very clean rooms with basic self catering facilities which was ideal for our short stay of 4 nights visiting Disney,Walt Disney Studios and shopping areas of Paris.Reception very friendly and helpful and wifi in reception area which was fast,free and easy to use.Breakfast available at extra charge or many shops and cafes nearby to buy groceries or eat in.Railway is three minutes walk from Hotel and is fast and very convienent to Disney 10 min journey or Paris 30 min journey.
Ideal base for our trip and would not hesitate to re-book.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torcy
B&B Hotel Marne-La-Vallee Torcy
Kyriad Marne-la-Vallee Torcy
Campanile Marne la Vallee
Premiere Classe Mlv - Torcy
1 mi away
Premiere Classe MLV - Saint Thibault Des Vignes
Premiere Classe MLV - Saint Thib...
#2 of 2 in St.-Thibault-des-Vignes
Novotel Marne La Vallee Collegien

Been to Torcy Marne-la-Vallee? Share your experiences!