“1 night stop over”

Premiere Classe Boulogne - Saint Martin les Boulogne
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a basic motel. It is a room with wash facilities & that's it. A/c didn't work in late July. However as a transit hotel it does a job. Breakfaast in the morning is basic, but OK self service type.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same here. A bit small but as a 1 night stop over OK.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MikeStrong
katia B, Directeur général at Premiere Classe Boulogne - Saint Martin les Boulogne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear customer, We thank you for sharing us your vision of our hotel.
Being in an approach of constant improvement, the notices of our customers are welcome.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have given this hotel four stars for how well it does as a 1-2 star property. Please don't mistake my judgement in thinking I am rating this as a four star property, I know about those well and this definitely is not that.

But what it IS (from my experience), is clean, with good, friendly staff, comfy beds and easily found from the motorway, with options for food and drink a couple of minutes walk away.

The downside is that, as other reviewers have reported, the walls are quite thin, so if you're unlucky and have a baby next door or a snorer, you may be a little disturbed. However, we found the beds comfortable and slept well for 3 nights here. The bathroom is a pod-type set-up, but, again, this is a basic hotel for a cheap price, you cannot expect luxury.I did not find the car park too bad and have a Xsara Picasso, so a relatively large vehicle. It is quite tight on the entry and exit and one way on the bend, so just had to take it slowly.

We found this conveniently located for Boulogne town, the beach and Nausicaa Aquarium.

The hotel was dated, but we found the place clean, with towels & linen, comfy beds, well-located and ideal if you just wanted somewhere as a base to clean-up and sleep and not to be spending much time in the room. If we were ever back in the area I would return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank aspensamantha

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel as a cheap stopover on route to the tunnel. After a 10 hour journey up through France, I had hoped for a comfortable nights rest before continuing on the next day. Please believe the reviews about the car park. It is so small and anything other than a Clio will find it difficult. I managed to park my VW Caravelle after several attempts but then got blocked in by other cars arriving later. I had to wait for them to move in the morning before I could make my escape! I checked in without a problem and having dropped my bags off, I went in search of a restaurant. Walked towards the town but after a couple of miles I gave up and returned and had a burger at the Buffalo Grill. There must be a nice restaurant nearby but I didn't find it! When I got back to my room it was stifling hot and so I tried the aircon which is mentioned in their literature left on the bed. It didn't work. I went to enquire at reception and was told by a very helpful man that none of the air con units in the hotel were working. I said," what tonight?" He said," no since last year!" I told him it was too hot to sleep in the room and what should I do. He suggested trying another hotel. I told him that wasn't an option as my car was hemmed in in the car park! He really did try to help and found me an alternative room on the second floor where he thought there might be more fresh air. The room was much as you would expect for the price - a bit shabby but clean. I left the window ajar for air and awoke to find the room full of cigarette smoke because someone was smoking out on the balcony. So, would I stay there again? It is cheap and convenient for the ports. The staff that I met were friendly and cheerful and actually when you are tired after a long journey that did count for a lot! But not enough to make me want to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hev63

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were gobsmacked at this hotel when we arrived, especially after some of the reviews on here. Travelodge provide luxury compared to this, and that is no exaggeration.
By now you will have written me off as a snob, but let me tell you what you will experience here:

Staff: All very nice actually.

Noise: Cars, people, snoring, TV's. - Ok, so this is not the fault of the hotel, but the walls and windows do nothing to conceal the constant disturbance. I got to sleep at around 3:50am. Nice.

Décor: If you like to sleep in a room that looks like a converted 70's public toilet then great. From the outside the building resembles a shipping crate.

Condition: Mould, damp, pathetically small shower/bathroom that would suit a small boat. (No, I am not fat btw)
Light in bathroom did not work properly. If you put a towel down on the floor next to the shower it will be covered in wee.
Smoke alarm sensor flashed bright green all night, and you could see it even with eyes closed.

Car Park: Small and difficult to menouvre (nothing wrong with my driving skills btw)

Breakfast: Lol - I wasn't seriously going to risk that! McDonalds is round the corner, but opens at 10:30am

Make your own choice, but expect to be disappointed. This is only worthwhile for those who are curious at how bad a 'hotel' can be.

Room Tip: The best rooms are at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kevman28

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ideally placed for an overnight stop when one has just arrived in France or about to leave France. A budget hotel with comfortable beds. No restaurant but eayeries are nearby. Parking is a bit tight so be careful !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premiereclasse.com - Louvre Hotels Group
2  Thank BazzaFrance

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed on the way down to the Vendee Fri may 23rd & Sat may !st return full both nights car park a bit tight when busy. Had family room so 5 beds & 2 showers & toilets all clean. You get what you pay for a bed for the night if you want posh stay somewhere else. Well situated approx 18 miles from euro tunnell & not far from ferries Dunkirk & Calais, Mc Donalds & Buffalo Grill next door not far into Boulonge if you want any other resteraunt. Ideal for us traveling from North East England off Ferry /Train Hotel carry on next day etc, Have used before will prob use again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Some people may see this hotel and think that they have arrived at some cheap American style drive in motel, then decide to turn around and not bother to stay there. However, for an over night stay, you really cannot go wrong here, as it was so cheap. Whether for a short cross channel hop for a day or two, or perhaps for a night after a long car journey across France, then this is the place for you. The rooms were very basic, no carpet, just lino but it is around 37-39 Euros a night here remember - it is not a palace - but it was very clean, the televisions worked - handy if you are a French speaker like me, the water was hot and the towels and bedding were clean and fresh. Breakfast was well worth it - again nothing amazing, however it was worth the 4,90 that we paid. The staff were polite and friendly. All in all a fab place. If you are a snob, don't bother, as you'll only find something to moan about! Otherwise, if you are prepared to go basic - think along the lines of "value" brands in supermarkets - for a night or two, then go for it! Would I go back? Too right - it's fab!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't overlook the main roads - i.e. at the back of the hotel. I say th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Best Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Martin-Boulogne
hotelF1 Boulogne sur Mer
hotelF1 Boulogne sur Mer
#11 of 16 in Boulogne-sur-Mer
0 mi away
B&B Hotel Boulogne-sur-Mer
B&B Hotel Boulogne-sur-Mer
#2 of 2 in Saint-Martin-Boulogne
ibis budget Boulogne Sur Mer Centre les Ports
ibis budget Boulogne Sur Mer Cen...
#5 of 16 in Boulogne-sur-Mer
Ibis Boulogne sur Mer Centre Cathedrale
Ibis Boulogne sur Mer Centre Cat...
#4 of 16 in Boulogne-sur-Mer
Les Gens de Mer
Les Gens de Mer
#9 of 16 in Boulogne-sur-Mer
Hotel Alexandra
Hotel Alexandra
#7 of 16 in Boulogne-sur-Mer

Been to Premiere Classe Boulogne - Saint Martin les Boulogne? Share your experiences!