See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We usually love the Premiere Classe hotels - they are normally clean and easy to reach and good value for money. We had actually previously stayed at this particular hotel so I booked it again.
Unfortunately we were given a room on the freeway side and even worse the stench of cigarette smoke was overwhelming - it was in the bedding, the curtains the mattress.
Only the fact that we had endured a 24hr flight made sleep possible.
The noise from the neighbours outside our door and through the wall was frustrating as well.

Room tip: Stay away from coner rooms and those facing the freeway.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nush_S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We have stayed in a number of budget hotels in France over the past 10 years and so have some experience of this class of hotel.Unfortunately,this hotel room was very cramped.There was very little space to walk between the end of the bed and the wall(probably about 500 mm).The bathroom was also cramped.Within reason,one can accept a small room in a capital city eg Paris,London or Tokio(We have stayed in all of these citys) but not on the outskirts of Caen.We have stayed in Etaps and B et B hotels on the edge of Caen over the past 10 years and never had a cramped room like this.Sorry-but would not recommend this hotel unless you are struggling to find a hotel near Caen.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank dayelash
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel, which is not easy to find even with a GPS, is a good one or two night stop. It's located in a large commercial complex surrounded by fast food restaurants and an enormous hypermarket, close to the Caen peripherique road. It's a Premiere Classe and so don't expect too much (small room, bathroom essentially a cupboard), but was clean, comfortable with a good shower and fast wifi included in the low room rate. We didn't take breakfast there but for our one night stop it was perfect.

Room tip: Make sure you have a good map of the immediate area, as it is not easy to locate, even with a GPS.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 24 January 2012

It was so cheap that I was expecting to see cockroaches, but I was stunned when we got there. I was supposed to stay just one night, but I opted to stay two as the first night was so good. Everything was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the rooms had everything you need; TV, bed, toilet and shower. There was free Wifi that covered the hotel - it did slow down a lot during peak times tho. First night I stayed in room 55. Had absolutely no problems and thought it was great. It isn't luxurious or spacious by any means, but it was functional and clean. If your a big person, I don't think you'll fit in the shower comfortably, but a normal sized person should have no problems at all. The second night I was in room 24, which was the corner room on the motorway side. There was some traffic noise, but not too bad, but the room did smell of smoke a bit and I didn't really like that.

Room tip: Stay as far away from the motorway as possible.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Setti21
Reviewed 25 October 2009

After arriving here, we knew why it was €38 p.night despite having read previous reviews of Premiere Classe. And there is definitely nothing Premier about this place. I had set low expectations but even I was quite shocked when I entered our cell...I mean room. It was very small and dim lighting didn't help the ambience. Definitely not a place for those who suffer from claustrophobia. The bathroom was compressed and felt dirty, when you took a shower the whole bathroom would get wet.
We occupied a double bed and the mattress and pillows were weak and again felt unclean because the covers were quite worn.
The biggest selling point of staying here is the price, it's tempting to forgo some luxuries for a cheap 1 night stay (in our case 2 nights :(( ) if you're on a tight budget.
There is free wi-fi which is a bonus (but don't leave your laptop in the room unminded as the doors don't appear that secure). The hotel is situated away from the main town and close to supermarchés and fast food joints. Parking is abundant if you stay at the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2009