On our recent trip to France we wanted to have a 'Chateau' experience & we found it here at Chateau Bouceel. How fortunate we were to find this place at short notice and to be so warmly welcomed by our host Regis. We have never stayed in room as big as the Marquise Room with its high ceilings & lovely period furniture. After a day out at Mont St Michel it was great to return and relax in the Chateau's sitting room where we had much pleasure in browsing through the vast collection of books Regis' has acquired, with many of the books covering WWII and the battles that occurred in and around the region. In the morning we had a lovely breakfast in the grand dining room, with Regis sharing with the guests a few of the many stories that make up the Chateau's wonderful history. Prior to our departure we had a most enjoyable walk exploring the picturesque gardens and adjoining buildings.
All in all we had a most enjoyable stay and a life time experience of a night in a Chateau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18kms away from Mont Saint Michel the chateau is still a family home. Built in 1763, it sits in a quiet park with lakes, island, age old trees. The interior boasts super carved wood panels, parquets floors, period antiques, family portraits blending harmoniously with modern comfort and stylish bathrooms. Your hosts, Nicole and Regis, will welcome you as friends and share the enjoyment of their home. Breakfast included in rate. Non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de Bouceel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bouceel Vergoncey, Normandy, France
- Chateau De Bouceel Hotel Vergoncey