“Fantastic service, absolutely exceptional food - if you want top notch nosh in Chamonix valley, visit Le Delice”
Review of Le Delice

Le Delice
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Les Houches
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: International, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Delice is a cosy yet elegant bistro style restaurant situated in the picturesque Chamonix Valley village of Les Houches. We serve fresh, locally sourced modern european and fusion food for lunch and dinner. We have a small but well selected menu with good wines and cocktails. We can also accommodate private parties. Open 11am to 1am everyday during high season, summer and winter.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

First discovered Le Delice last year, and booked for a revisit in advance of travelling, boy, we weren’t disappointed.

Chris and the team take service and quality to new levels. During our week’s holiday, we ate here three times, on the second occasion for my wife’s birthday, which the team at Le Delice dressed the table fabulously – see attached photo.

My wife, loved the steak, lamb shank and salmon; every meal was exceptional. Being a vegetarian myself and having had the Butternut squash twice, I asked Chris for an alternative, which he readily accommodated – a Fennel, blue cheese dish – amazing.

In summary, I’d strongly recommend booking in advance of arrival – especially during school holiday period, - and you will definitely not be disappointed by the finest cuisine you’ll experience in the French Alps.

fiona w, Owner at Le Delice, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so pleased that you and your wife had such great experiences at Le Delice. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Unusual menu for the Alps which makes a nice change, delicious and fresh ingredients! Great restaurant, a 10 minute walk from my hotel, Slalom. My second visit and I wasn't disappointed, will be back in March!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The food was excellent, service good but very expensive to eat there especially with a family of 6.
I suppose you get what you pay for but it was a treat.

Hi Douglas,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your meal at Le Delice and thought that it was a treat for yourself and your family.

I apologise that you feel it was expensive, however all of our food and wine is fresh, hand-selected and locally sourced. In addition, absolutely everything is home-made, right down to the base stock for all of our sauces. We strive to ensure that our prices are on a par with any other similar establishment in the area, and we feel that we have managed to achieve this whilst still maintaining a high standard.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Les Houches and look forward to welcoming you back at Le Delice in the future.

Kind regards,

Chris and Fi

Reviewed 6 January 2014

An all around great local restaurant with inspiring menu, lots of guests and impressive management. A must visit if you feel like a meal or just a drink. The bar offers lots of chances to talk to both locals and other visitors in a easy environment, as tourists we got served up with helpful tips about the mountains together with a good deal of laughs that made our stay even better. Be sure to bring a smile and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Chris and Fiona for our wonderful evenings

Hi Oskar,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Chris and I feel very privileged to have met you and your fantastic friends, and are so pleased that Le Delice could be part of your Festive Season.

Please come back and see us again soon, we will have a Zubrovska chaser waiting for you behind the bar!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife & I loved this place so much. It's small and cosy. We walked in at about 4.45pm and managed to get the last table reservation for dinner. The food here was absolutely awesome! Even though we were full from the huge generous portion, we couldn't stop going till our plates were clean. They also serve good house wine and house fries. Highly recommended!

Hello Icecreamegg,

Many thanks for your complientary review, Chris and I strive to ensure everyone has a good experience when they come to Le Delice and after reading your review we couldn't be more pleased.

We hope you come back and visit us again soon!