“Excellent”

Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Les Houches
Price range: US$17 - US$39
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: temporarily Restaurant is close finish season,Open around 05 December.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great food and friendly service right in the centre of Les Houches.

Recommend the house apperitif, Basil flavoured white wine.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Obviously they do the usual cheese blow-outs as well but if you have had your fill of the Savoyarde specialities you can also eat other lovely stuff here. Veal with a morel sauce and a fantastic nougat ice cream. Service was efficient and friendly - would definitely recommend. We tried to book in advance from the UK but they just have an answer machine and offer to call you back (which I guess they don't want to do long distance). We just popped one evening we were there and reserved for the next day (and then again for the day after!)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I came here two nights one night we came in without and they seated us right away,the second time we had a reservation. The service was very good came to ask if everything was okay after we got our main course. The first night I got a pasta dish with basil and red sauce which was great. The tomato sauce and basil tasted like it was picked earlier in the day. The second time a had a burger which I was surprised they had it on the menu. It came with nice freshly cut potato fries and the burger had nice vegetables as toppings which made the burger taste more fresh. Both times for dessert I had the creme brulee which was why I had it a second time. I would definitely recommend going to this place you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had a fabulous dinner here. The gnocchi was some of the best I've ever had, as was the duck! The duck was so moist and delicious. It was falling off of the bone. The warm goat cheese salad with bacon was huge and delicious. They gave us 2 complementary drinks. One was a white wine infused with basil. It was a little bit sweet but very good. I've never had anything like it. They also gave us a blueberry liquor. It was strong but good. We also had a local chicken dish with bread and potatoes and mushroom. It was also delicious.
For dessert we had the creme brule. I'm really looking forward to going back tonight for dinner.
The waitstaff was very friendly! We don't speak very much French and they were very nice, providing us with English translation.

1  Thank Patty732
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Group of nine enjoyed an excellent evening meal. Superb food, friendly staff, good service, would definitely visit again