“Great food, cool place, great staff! A true phoenix from the flames story!”
Review of Kitsch Inn

Kitsch Inn
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Les Houches
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Kitsch Inn offers great value, delicious traditional French and British farmhouse cooking. Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon snacks and Dinner(reservation only for dinners), plenty of vegetarian options and a great bar with wide range of beers and live music. Situated at the bottom of the ski slope in Les Houches, behind the Bellevue Cable car, this is the first true ski-to-the-door, dance-in-your-ski-boots apres-ski bar in the valley of Chamonix! Welcomes all from small groups up to 100 people, all generations and families with children.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been coming to and from the Chamonix valley for years now and I really love les Houches in particular.

I heard about the kitsch Inn from a good school friend and was gutted when I heard that it had burned down before I could make a visit! So I've watched from afar the reconstruction with keen interest! seeing that it had reopened I took the first chance I could to visit on my next trip. I was not disappointed. The interior is fresh, fun and quirky and the staff are warm and friendly. The location is great for me as a summer visitor but must be amazing when you can ski directly into it during the season. The menu is made of good quality, locally sourced ingredients and everything I tried was really delicious! highlights included the burger and the homemade fish finger sandwich. Also, there are daily specials which I'd seen on the facebook page before arriving. On commenting that I was disappointed that I was a day too late for one of these the chef then made me the dish anyway. A lot of the staff hang out when they are not working and are all really talkative and made me feel part of the furniture really quickly!
It was also really nice to see that the crowd here is both locals and tourists creating a really relaxed atmosphere.
The owners obviously have worked really hard (twice!) to create a welcoming friendly environment with great quality food and wonderful decor and I think they have got it spot on.
I'll definitely be back as soon as I'm in the valley again.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited a couple of time on a recent visit and loved it. Friendly staff, comfortable seating, free wifi, cool decor and even live music on occasion. Happy to recommend.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This restaurant sits at a parking lot in Les Houches on the site where you can take the cable car up the mountain. Interior is clean, personell do their best to speak English when needed. Food tasted good. Good spot to have a meal or a beer.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently refurbished, the Kitsch Inn has retained it's vintage, retro vibe and they've revamped the menu too! We popped down one evening with the kids for supper and had the daily special (plat du Jour) which we thought was amazing value at 11.50€, exceptional for the Chamonix valley. We had a French classic beouf Bourguignon which I am quite picky about as I cook it often myself but it was delicious, very tender meat and sweet glazed baby onions/veg. It came with some creamy mash which complimented it perfectly. We shared a pichet of house rose which was very pleasant and the children enjoyed their homemade hamburgers. The staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed and convivial. So pleased it's reopened as it's great to have a bistro/ music bar on our door step!

1  Thank HuskiAlpineHolidays
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Enjoyed the food and surroundings so much we returned for a second helping. Great little place, well thought out, unusual decor backed up with well presented food with a little twist. Thoroughly recommended.