Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$96
Agoda.comUS$96
TripadvisorUS$96
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2015

I have been a client of this hotel as well as the restaurant for many years and always tip very well.
What a pity! When I came one evening at 6.30Pm for dinner with my wife and ask for a table for two on the terrace I was answer by the manager that on the terrace he had only 3 tables left but they were for four so he could not accomodate two on a table for four. If I will come back later and if the tables were still available he could seat me at a table for four!!! other wise he could seat me inside right now. I turn him down because of such bad atitude and because it was very hot inside and the dining room has no air condition.
I wonder what is wrong with the service in France. No respect of the wishes of the guests, not business oriented and just looking to take avdvantage of the guest in order to meet their budget.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I passed by here last summer to eat, and marveled at the decor, the quality of the mouthwatering food, the welcome, and the efficiency of the staff.
Passing by the same route this summer, I popped in once again for lunch. I have to say the food was still fantastic as ever, great value for money, but the service has seemed to have taken a nosedive.
The staff (one from last year, very charming and professional young lady) are welcoming, accommodating, and enthusiastic, but they seem to be understaffed. It's painful to watch them jumping through hoops trying to please everyone.
I will return next summer, Hotel du Commerce, and I hope that your staff will have time to chat to me, instead of making me feel like I'm just being "processed".

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I absolutely loved my stay there earlier this year in March and was very disappointed when I had to return to Thones in April and could not book back into this hotel as they close for the month of April. I feel the character of this hotel captures the essence and true spirit of this traditional French village. The little balcony off my room was gorgeous and the smell from the bakery across the road early in the morning was wonderful. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It felt like home from home.

Room tip: Ask for one with a balcony
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed here in July whilst participating in a cycling event in nearby Annecy. This hotel is small, but pleasant and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to accommodate a few particular requests we had. Breakfast is basic but good. Has parking at the rear and a nice sun terrace. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel.
Agree with other comments that the reception is not open a lot of the time, inexplicably the entire downstairs area was completely locked up and inaccessible at inexplicable times, eg when we were enjoying a drink on the terrace on Monday lunchtime and wanted to get another round of drinks, only to find that all staff had gone home, the bar/restaurant area was locked, and even the WiFi appeared to have been switched off.
Also, the practice of just leaving the room keys on the table by the entrance is not particularly secure.
Thones itself is a nice quaint little town, and on the whole this hotel is a pleasant stopover point, I would stay again if passing through.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We were expecting something more: rooms are very tiny, cleanliness approximate. Bed an sheaths were clean. Public areas leave much to be desired. Very limited parking space on the back, about 5 or 6 cars only. Cannot rate the restaurant, as we didn't eat here.

Date of stay: November 2012