“It could be fantastic!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Schwan
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Wertheim
Reviewed 7 June 2014

But it is not. The rooms (we had a comfort room in the old building) are spacious and clean. The location and parking are perfect. The restaurant is good. But the staff is careless, clueless and without passion for the trade. The manager looks ragged, angry and yells at the staff. He lights up his sigarette, next to your table as you eat outside. Waiting forthem to bring you food and drinks takes a lot of time. They often forget you are there. When they do come they look angry and complain that they have to do everything. It is a shame really, Wertheim is worth the visit and the Swan is a nice hotel....change management, teach the staff and yes you will have a good time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voskamp

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The room sizes very so make sure you ask which room you get. My room was very small where you could barely turn around. Don't bother putting out the do not disturb sign - they will just ignore it. Bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner. They supply a tiny packet of something which may resemble soap/shampoo. I was here before so I was pre parted. There is no elevator so be prepared to carry you luggage up several flights of stairs. I was on the 3rd floor so 4 flights of stairs to haul luggage up/down. The food is excellent.

Room Tip: Request the "new side" of the hotel. The older side has been refurbished but some rooms a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. Rooms and the bath are large and super clean. My room had a walk in shower and a large tub and 2 twin beds. Plenty of closet space and a small desk, but bring you own iron because the rooms do not have them. When I checked in at 7am my room was not ready since they did not expect me this early. The owner was there and at first did not have a room. But after about 10 min he was able to get me a room so I could sleep after a long flight from the US. The staff was super friendly and most all spoke good English. Also breakfast was wonderful as was the dinner. If you like cigars they have a nicely stocked humidor full of Cubans which you can smoke outside or in their nice indoor smoking lounge.
For a small hotel in a small town I was surprised how nice this place is. I would love to return someday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I spent 5 nights in Hotel Schwan at the beginning of June. I had a suite in the renovated part of the hotel, overlooking the terrace. The room was spacious, clean and was serviced daily. No ironing facilties in the room, but when i requested it i got one in no time.
The food is great, service is friendly and efficient. Breakfast could be consumed on the lovely terrace as well in the mornings, with a fresh cup of Espresso :)! I can't say anything bad about this place really.
The location is fab, right on the bank of the Main river, car parking 50m and the entrance to the old town is next to the hotel. The castle is about 10 minutes walk.
There was some kind of a festival in front of the hotel, so better check on check in if you like peace and quiet just in case. I personally like these kind of events around the hotels i stay in.
Wertheim Village Outlet Shopping 10km, there's a shuttle bus from the town i think if you're into shopping :).

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the terrace can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed overnight as a member of a group of bicycle tourists. We had difficulties with the booking-for some reason the hotel was unable to confirm via email, but eventually managed to send a fax. They have no real reception area, which may explain this minor mishap.
The hotel has an excellent location, probably a bit difficult to reach if you happen to come by car, as the entrance is in a pedestrian area, but for us bikers, that was not an issue. The hotel caters for bike tourists, and has its own parking garage where the bikes are safe overnight.
The hotel has an old and a modern part, which explains the very variable appreciation of the rooms here on tripadvisor. We booked two junior suites in the modern part of the hotel, and found them stylish, modern, clean and huge. The bathrooms come close to some I have seen in 5 star properties.
We also ate at their restaurant, as we had chosen half board, and were very satisfied with the meal and the overall dining experience. The breakfast was just average, though.
The hotel made a billing error, which I discovered too late and which was too insignificant to complain - they were 1 Euro off in the addition. I suspect they do the receipts manually without the help of a computer (as I said, no dedicated reception area), but that did not spoil our stay. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I think it is worthwhile to pay a little more for the modern rooms. Go for the suite if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed in this nice little hotel in beautiful Wertheim am Main on our way to Bamberg. Very clean and pleasant. A good value for this touristy area and the price included breakfast. Bathroom was very functional, modern and clean. Staff was courteous and helpful. We walked all over town from this location. Parking was fairly close so we did not have to haul bags a great distance. Nice patio for having a drink and watching people.

Room Tip: Front room overlook Main, there is some noise from traffic, but subsides in the evening. You can he...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I've stayed here many times and between the junior suites and executive suites (not much price difference from regular rooms) it's one of the few hotels that have nice size rooms, big bathrooms and a good selection of TV's stations. The restaurant is fabulous with a wide variety of inexpensive and huge value for price meals. Basic German and fancy cooking on one menu. The staff is great and always someone here that speak great English. I have been to four other hotels and in my 4 visits a year hear for business, this has become my home!

• Stayed: March 2013