“Good place to spend the night”

Hotel-Restaurant Schieble
Hotel-Restaurant Schieble
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenzingen
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good place to spend the night”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I were just passing through the area and had just started looking for a place to spend the night when we found Hotel Schieble. The hotel is very nice and clean. The only bad thing was our room was in the basement and the window faced a parking lot. We did eat at their restaurant which was very nice. We also found I nice little bar a few blocks down from the hotel which was very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Hungarian first
bristol uk
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I were en-route to Lake Garda and stopping at a service station on the motorway as we were feeling tired, we "found " this lovely, charming hotel. All we wanted was somewhere to crash out, but it was a lot better than that.
The decor and attention to detail was first class and the breakfast was all that we wanted and more. Anyone finding themselves in this part of Germany and wanting accomodation, look no further.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was in Kenzingen, Baden, Germany on a business trip and found this gem . . the Schieble. The accommodations are very comfortable, and the staff was incredibly warm and welcoming. I needed to iron my clothes for each business day, and rather than have me do it myself, the staff offered to iron my clothes, which was a completely unexpected level of service that I have only experienced in very high end venues for a very costly fee. The breakfast each day was fresh and part of my daily rate. I would DEFINITELY return to the Schieble for personal travel, and I WILL return to the Schieble for my future business in this part of Germany.

Room Tip: The rooms can be a bit noisy at times, but that was not a problem for me because when it was time fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Frank J
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Very nice hotel in the traditional town of Kenzingen, Schwarzwald/Black Forest. Very nice and super-clean rooms, lots of towels, lots of soap and kleenex etc. (which is not always the case in small town German hotels...). Excellent service. Ideal for vacation and leisure, not so much the typical business-only hotel, super service, nice breakfast, lots of coffee provided.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank navratil46140
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 18 July 2011

What a welcoming surprise, a super big suite for a normal price of a room, excellent location for Park Europa and nice hosts. Very reccomended, clean, big and a good price. Go for it if you are near by.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Cassuto
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 31 August 2008

We (family w/ 9y boy) wanted to get something close to EuropaPark. There was almost nothing available in the village or the price was more than we were willing to spend. Yeah, there were another ones, but they got quite negative reviews here on tripadvisor, so I didn't want to risk it.

Schieble is a small hotel/restaurant, a kind of family owned. Very pleasant service, excellent dinner in the restaurant w/ local specialties (try spetzels), very good breakfast, parking in the backyard (you can even rent a garage, which we didn't try).

Room was not the biggest one to be honest, but everything was clean (however, there was a strange smell from the AC at the beginning, but it went out after a while).

• Liked — 10 minutes driving distance to EuropaPark, parking, good service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank PavelS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenzingen
Hotel Muehleinsel
#7 of 21 in Rust
Sun Parc Hotel
Sun Parc Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ringsheim

Been to Hotel-Restaurant Schieble? Share your experiences!