“Okay place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Hallbergmoos
Lake Wales, Florida
“Okay place to stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My children and I stayed at the B&B at the Munich airport on 12 July 2013. We were sort of in a panic because we had not been able to find a dencently priced place and it was about 10:00. I spoke to the clerk via telephone and she told me the family rooms were sold out but I could have two doubles for 118 Euro.

By this time it was 1030 P.M. and I was at the Hofbrahaus in downtown Munich. We took off at made it to the motel at approx. 5 till 11. The clerk was very nice and booked us in for the night.
We went to our rooms and found them small but okay and clean. I could not get the wifi to work and went to the front desk. I discovered that B&B motels do not have a night clerk. You are on your own after 10 or 11 depending on what day it is. As far as the WiFi goes you have to enter information on a log in screen and you are supposed to get a sim message with the access code. At our next B&B our clerk helped us get online. We discovered that once you got online with one B&B hotel you can automatically get on at any B&B. I do not like that system. It should just be open.

We slept well but we were tired and I had been sick for several days. We could hear jets but it was not to bad. It did not wake me or the kids up. The motel does sit in a very small industrial park but It is more farmland than Industrial park. I agree with other reviewers who said the motel was out there. I had a car but if you only had public transport I think you would have problems. It is not far off the Autobahn so with a car it is not bad.

We were happy with our rooms. They were clean, nice looking and the bathroom was nice. Note the soap is in a dispenser by the sink and in the shower. There are no little bars or bottles at any B&B I visited. However that is fine for me. I think it makes for a neater bathroom especially with the kids. My a/c was great, the TV was small but nice, we had English CNN, and

The next morning I got up and when I checked out I asked if the clerk would help me by talking to the B&B clerk on the phone for me to help me make reservations in Wurzburg at the B&B there. The clerk who also spoke good English was very helpful and not only booked my rooms in Wurzburg, he booked my rooms in Darmstadt. Very good customer service.

If I was driving this would be my first choice in the Munich area. If I was using public transportation I would think twice. I would recommend this motel for anyone with a car.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CharlieGates

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lapland
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel (or more like serviced flats) is in an industrial park. The location isn't great, even if it's theoretically near the airport. It was a real ordeal getting here with public transport from Munich city centre, involving a crowded train with standing room only, no A/C on a hot day, having to go to the airport and then take a taxi, anyway.

There is no airport shuttle, and the buses seem to avoid this area altogether. If you have a car, the parking is fine, but at the time of visiting the street was so new it wasn't on SatNavs (which the hotel website pointed out). This means taxis can have trouble finding it, too.

The rooms furnished and decorated like something that was considered futuristic in the 1970's - which was fine, as it was done to an OK standard and everything worked.

The airport noise can stop you from sleeping until midnight, and again in the morning.

The staff was not exactly customer focused, but we had no trouble as such.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J0hnDoh
Sydney
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed over night and rooms were clean, beds comfy and location is quiet. We had a car so ok to get to, but location is in middle of a new industrial estate. Front desk staff could do with some customer service training. Overall though I found this pretty good value for the price. Check out is 12noon so that's handy when your flight isn't till later too.

• Stayed July 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

- Rude staff, unreachable on the phone.
- Breakfast on supplement for 8€??? and no other meals.
- Very hard to find, I lose 25 minutes finding it and there is no street name.
- Pore location across old empty building.
- Bad value for money.
- I wouldn't book it if I was knowing all that.

Room Tip: You can find better accommodation in surroundings.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ttagent

Travellers are raving about these Hallbergmoos hotels

USA
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

This was the only hotel during our two week stay in Germany/Austria were we met with unfriendly staff. The hotel is all but hidden in an industrial park, next to an abandoned building. The location made me uncomfortable. There is no airport shuttle, and the bus is a pain to get to. If you have a car, you can drive to the train station to get to Munich. The airport is close via car, but taxi's do not come in the early morning. The rooms are tiny... Not just small....TINY. The Wifi was useless - required 7 steps, then you needed cell service to complete it. If we had cell service- we wouldn't have needed the WiFi! The unfriendly staff makes the stay unpleasant.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DianeDVM1
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for four days for the BMW international open at Eichenried golf club. The drive to the golf club is 15 min and to the airport 10 min.
The rooms are small but decent and clean. The beds are a little small. Not to much noise.
There is only a breakfast restaurant, and the simple but all you can eat breakfast is 7 euro extra.
But you can order pizza from the reception.
Free wi-fi and parking.

• Stayed June 2013
Surf City USA
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

This is a clean, modern, basic if get hotel 6 km from Terminals 1+2 at Munich International Airport. It can be a good value (it advertises 49 euro & up) if you can actually get a rate like (the prices rise as demand for rooms increases) and if you have a car free parking). Without a car there's no easy or cost effective way to get to the airport - so anything you saved on the room will be more than offset by the cost of a taxi or shuttle (20-30 euro). There is an S-bahn stop in Hallbergmoos, but its at least a kilometer from the hotel & a nasty hike along a busy highway with no adjacent walkway. Breakfast is a 7.50 euro extra. One other caveat: the front desk is closed 11 pm-7 am, so there's no property management on site. The night of my stay, a dozen laborers staying there too had a rowdy all night beer bash outside; without on-site security, they couldn't be made to behave. Very troubling.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jg3arrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallbergmoos
Novotel Muenchen Airport
#34 of 383 in Munich
Hotel Garni Haus zum Gutenberg
Hotel Garni Haus zum Gutenberg
#5 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to B&B Hotel Muenchen-Airport? Share your experiences!