“Great solution for being next to airport”

B&B Hotel Muenchen-Airport
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hallbergmoos
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We have stayed there the night before our flight back home and it was just fine , clean room and toilet , next to airport , great price (59€ for 2) .again it is not fancy but ok just for sleeping and of course that it is great especially if u are renting a car !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lenIsrael

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a newish hotel and is on the outskirts of Hallbergmoos about 10 mins drive from the airport 40 mins from Munich centre and 10 Mins to the aiirport by SBhan train.The hotel is clean and well kept and is good value, It is more car orientated than public transport.althought a bus runs every 20 mins and takes about 10 mins to make the journey to and from the nearby S Bhan station untill 23.40 and is included in a Munich day transport ticket, there is no bus to the airport but a cab is about 15 Euro. The room was very good and clean as was the shower. The reception has limited opening hours but you can gain access or if not booked book a room via the autobooking system. Breakfast was ok for the money but was not an extensive selection, I can not comment on the staff as apart from reception when we had breakfast we saw nobody.OK for overnight stop but not particularley convienent for central Munich but it did the job for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sirleeolgit
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My children and I stayed at the B&B at the Munich airport on 12 July 2013. We were sort of in a panic because we had not been able to find a dencently priced place and it was about 10:00. I spoke to the clerk via telephone and she told me the family rooms were sold out but I could have two doubles for 118 Euro.

By this time it was 1030 P.M. and I was at the Hofbrahaus in downtown Munich. We took off at made it to the motel at approx. 5 till 11. The clerk was very nice and booked us in for the night.
We went to our rooms and found them small but okay and clean. I could not get the wifi to work and went to the front desk. I discovered that B&B motels do not have a night clerk. You are on your own after 10 or 11 depending on what day it is. As far as the WiFi goes you have to enter information on a log in screen and you are supposed to get a sim message with the access code. At our next B&B our clerk helped us get online. We discovered that once you got online with one B&B hotel you can automatically get on at any B&B. I do not like that system. It should just be open.

We slept well but we were tired and I had been sick for several days. We could hear jets but it was not to bad. It did not wake me or the kids up. The motel does sit in a very small industrial park but It is more farmland than Industrial park. I agree with other reviewers who said the motel was out there. I had a car but if you only had public transport I think you would have problems. It is not far off the Autobahn so with a car it is not bad.

We were happy with our rooms. They were clean, nice looking and the bathroom was nice. Note the soap is in a dispenser by the sink and in the shower. There are no little bars or bottles at any B&B I visited. However that is fine for me. I think it makes for a neater bathroom especially with the kids. My a/c was great, the TV was small but nice, we had English CNN, and

The next morning I got up and when I checked out I asked if the clerk would help me by talking to the B&B clerk on the phone for me to help me make reservations in Wurzburg at the B&B there. The clerk who also spoke good English was very helpful and not only booked my rooms in Wurzburg, he booked my rooms in Darmstadt. Very good customer service.

If I was driving this would be my first choice in the Munich area. If I was using public transportation I would think twice. I would recommend this motel for anyone with a car.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlieGates
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel (or more like serviced flats) is in an industrial park. The location isn't great, even if it's theoretically near the airport. It was a real ordeal getting here with public transport from Munich city centre, involving a crowded train with standing room only, no A/C on a hot day, having to go to the airport and then take a taxi, anyway.

There is no airport shuttle, and the buses seem to avoid this area altogether. If you have a car, the parking is fine, but at the time of visiting the street was so new it wasn't on SatNavs (which the hotel website pointed out). This means taxis can have trouble finding it, too.

The rooms furnished and decorated like something that was considered futuristic in the 1970's - which was fine, as it was done to an OK standard and everything worked.

The airport noise can stop you from sleeping until midnight, and again in the morning.

The staff was not exactly customer focused, but we had no trouble as such.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J0hnDoh
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed over night and rooms were clean, beds comfy and location is quiet. We had a car so ok to get to, but location is in middle of a new industrial estate. Front desk staff could do with some customer service training. Overall though I found this pretty good value for the price. Check out is 12noon so that's handy when your flight isn't till later too.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 July 2013

- Rude staff, unreachable on the phone.
- Breakfast on supplement for 8€??? and no other meals.
- Very hard to find, I lose 25 minutes finding it and there is no street name.
- Pore location across old empty building.
- Bad value for money.
- I wouldn't book it if I was knowing all that.

Room Tip: You can find better accommodation in surroundings.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ttagent
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was the only hotel during our two week stay in Germany/Austria were we met with unfriendly staff. The hotel is all but hidden in an industrial park, next to an abandoned building. The location made me uncomfortable. There is no airport shuttle, and the bus is a pain to get to. If you have a car, you can drive to the train station to get to Munich. The airport is close via car, but taxi's do not come in the early morning. The rooms are tiny... Not just small....TINY. The Wifi was useless - required 7 steps, then you needed cell service to complete it. If we had cell service- we wouldn't have needed the WiFi! The unfriendly staff makes the stay unpleasant.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DianeDVM1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallbergmoos
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#7 of 10 in Hallbergmoos
Hotel Garni Haus zum Gutenberg
Hotel Garni Haus zum Gutenberg
#8 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to B&B Hotel Muenchen-Airport? Share your experiences!