“Good, satisfactory hotel near Munich airport”

Airport Regentpark Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hallbergmoos
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our second time at this hotel, and we chose it this time because of their "park, sleep, & fly" package. We live an hour-and-a-half from the airport and decided this time we didn't want the hassle of going in by train. For a reasonable cost we were able to leave our car in their underground garage during our vacation, and that was convenient. Everything worked out just great, and we were completely satisfied. The room was good, and the breakfast, too. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed twice in that hotel, on the first and last days of my stay in Germany.

Took a lot of time to check in not enough parking for such hotel
bad quality of mattress, I almost fell from bed
there is air conditioning in the room but they did not supply the remote control so it was impossible to turn it on. it was a real problem on a hot day (30C)

on first stay, WiFi worked in the room.
on second stay, I had problems with WiFi reception in the room. it worked ok near reception (did not work in the restaurant).
I expected more from a hotel that charges 3 Euro per day per device which is too much.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yair K
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Cheap and cheerful, but with a good bar/ restaurant and a minibus shuttle to the airport. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and I got internet access without having to pay. The local beer is very good too. Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

On the hotel website (not on booking.com website) it mentions "WiFi Hotspot available" it doensnt say it costs 3 € PER DEVICE! Which is totally crazy for 2 reasons: 1) in 2014, having to pay for internet access is anachronistic; 2) the connection doensn't have a higher cost if you log on with more than one device. Additionally I informed I had to have breakfast at 6.15 (7 €) and the only ready things were coffee and milk, cereals and packed sliced bread. After 20 minutes the girl in the kitchen (who, by the way, didn't even say "good morning") started taking cold cuts, cheese, vegetables and other stuffs, but it was too late and I had to go take the flight. It's a pity cause the hotel is very nice and close to the airport, but this aspects will not let me choose the same hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CV B
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here during last year. We took this option as it was cheap and close to the airport. Getting here from central Munich isn't straight forward, especially if you intend to get here after dark. We took the option to take the train and then take a bus but I wouldn't advise this as it was quite difficult to locate the place.

The room was average, the stay was ok. I wouldn't recommend this if you were looking for a luxury experience!

Breakfast was good and we took the transfer to the airport next morning.

On the whole, advisable if your intention is to stay at a low cost!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Springdove
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at this Hotel from 8 December through 16 December 2013 during a vacation to Europe. I have stayed here several times in the past with having no difficulties so of course it was my first choice during this recent trip as well.

I personally enjoy this hotel as it is very easy to drive to, has every feature I need in a Hotel, is VERY clean, the room is large and the restaurant is very good.

On this trip we had a ground floor room with a walk out terrace located in the main building. The price is very reasonable for the area, especially for the convenience to the airport and easy access to the Autobaun for travel to other locations.

I used this hotel for a base for day trips to Bamberg, Landsberg am Lech, Neusweinstein and Munich.All were easily traveled from this Hotel.

The Breakfast is very substantial and typical for a Bavarian Breakfast.All of the food was fresh and tasty. The restaurant has a very ample and reasonably priced menu.

On site parking is easy to access and only once was I not able to have parking right in front of the hotel. Fortunately, there is a very large lot across the street for overflow parking which is very accommodating if needed.

I have to be honest and mention one shortcoming that i encountered during this trip. There was one lady at the front desk who seemed to be very rude at times as well as making me feel like it was a burden for her to assist me, even at check out.I thought it may have been just a couple of isolated incidences but I found out that it wasn't just me. There was a lady who stopped by out Dining room table and began chatting with my travel companion and I. During her conversation she mentioned the fact of the same lady being rude and unaccommodating to her as well. The remainder of the staff I had no difficulty with.

As luck would have it, she was the driver of the shuttle van to the airport the morning of my departure. She still was very unfriendly during the ride as well as having absolutely no regard for the care of everyone's baggage as she managed to sling all of our baggage at every opportunity during the ride to the airport.

I still would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who desires a hotel which is clean and very accommodating.I look forward to utilizing this Hotel once again upon my return to the area as it easily met all of my hotel and location needs .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I had a last minute issue with my flight and wanted the cheapest option to stay nearby flying out the next day. The main airport support/information desk helped me find this place at very last minute. Price for a single room with a nice buffet breakfast included was only 59€ for one night! (I am sure there are cheaper and more expensive options depending on occupancy and how soon in advance you reserve). For 10€ I had a round trip shuttle service to/from the airport. For 3€ I had wireless Internet from my room at good speed, allowing me to continue working while getting on with my trajectory.

There is a hotel restaurant which provides delicious food, great portions for good prices. I had a good amount of potato cream soup, a super large salad with grilled chicken (there was so much chicken in there!), and a Cappuccino all for 17€ including a good tip. I was extra stuffed and ready for bed.

The rooms are just what one needs. Beds are comfy, bathroom good size, staff is super nice and helpful.

Although I did not make use of it and didn't even see it, there is also a fitness room in the hotel and a sauna for free use. The grounds look nice, with different buildings making up the hotel. The location is quiet and enjoyable. Decoration is rustic and homey (not fancy, maybe even a bit worn out but adds to charm and home feeling). Parking space on site.

I think this is a great place, especially for the price, and would definitely stay here again when related to flying or in the area in general and needing accommodation.

Note: my bedroom had even a small kitchenette with burners, sink, cupboards and a refrigerator. No idea if this is standard in all rooms, but a nice option to have.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallbergmoos
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#9 of 10 in Hallbergmoos
Hotel & Hostel Hallbergerhof
Hotel & Hostel Hallbergerhof
#7 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to Airport Regentpark Hotel? Share your experiences!