“Best hotel in bavaria”

Hotel & Hostel Hallbergerhof
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hallbergmoos
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I really can not express enough how delighted I was with this hotel.
Upon our arrival we were greeted by a gentleman at the reception, who was very
pleasant, cheerful and could not do enough for us. Checking in was quick and easy
and the rooms were spotless. We later found that the man that had met us and booked us in, was actually Michael Kovac the owner. We got to know Michael quite well over our 7 night stay as he was there every night (nice to see a hotel owner that cares about his guests) When Michael was not there his staff were just as pleasant and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian O

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I have just spent a week at the Hallbergerhof together with my brother and sister in law. A wonderful holiday made extra special by the owner Michael. We were treated not as guests, more like good friends. Nothing was too much trouble for Michael as well as the rest of the staff. Whenever I go back to Munich, I will stay at this hotel. I've stayed at a few hotels in and around Munich and this one was by far the best. Also very handy for Munich airport

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We arrived in Germany early in the evening and I wanted to stay near the airport but not close enough to hear the airplane noise. The good is that it is a great little one main street small German town hotel with helpful staff and small grocery stores and restaurants. The bad is that we had a room very close to the lobby and the lobby door is locked after hours so to leave before the lobby opens you have to walk to the back of the hotel, carry your bags down the stairs, and then back out to the main street. Regardless, we had a great time because there just happened to be a local festival in town with a big tent beer garden, German meats and cheeses, and a little carnival which was our first night in Germany and also the wildest party that we attended while in Germany.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back exit doors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

If you only have a day or two in the Munich area, this is a good option. Although the rooms are small (especially the bathrooms), they are clean and efficiently laid out. The staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. There are several restaurants in easy walking distance of the hotel. We would strongly recommend Santorini. There is little to in Hallbergmoos, but transportation into Munich is easy. Moreover, the hotel is located near the airport. In the past, this hotel was called "Hotel Theresienhof."

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The hotel was extremely clean. The rooms look very IKEA white, simple, functional and modern. The even leave a chocolate on your pillow. I took the BAHN S8 tram (metro) to Hallbergmoos station and got on the 698 bus for 1.30 Euro. The bus driver told me where to get off. A 30 meter walk to the hotel. My check in was very easy. The staffer even carried my bag to my room. Very helpful and knowledgable with my many questions. If you are a timid traveller , I do not recommend staying in the single room with shared bathroom. I had no problem and felt safe but I travel a lot by myself. Seem to be a lot of men staying there. Stay in the main building with a toilet in the room. Very convenient to eat there. Bought a water natural for 2.5Euro and not the 5 Euro you see at other hotels.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jetlagsue
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My friend and I plan for a night stop in Munich as we were going to Salzburg, Austria the next day. We chose somewhere close to the airport as we arrived quite late at night.

This place is really nice, clean and cosy. We would not expecting it for the price that we pay. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was clean too. (very important)

The breakfast in the hotel was great. A good selection of simple breakfast to go if you are heading off somewhere.

Micheal the person in charge on the night that we arrived was very helpful and pleasant. He made us feel comfortable and welcoming the moment that we got in the hotel. He also recommended some places to eat as the kitchen was already closed when we checked-in.

I would recommend this place for the anyone who is coming for a stopover/night stay. Worth the price you paid :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise_Mei
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very welcoming host and good value for money. We paid around 40Euro incl breakfast. The room is freshly decorated and the room was clean. Free Internet and parking is available.

We arrived late at evening and were met by a friendly receptionist carrying our bags to the room. Though the choice of beer in the bar was rather poor, the wine selection was good, What could you possible expect from a hostel/hotel.

Breakfest was good with a selection of bread, cereals, coffee, juice and fruit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallbergmoos
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Novotel Munich Airport
Novotel Munich Airport
#70 of 390 in Munich
Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport

Been to Hotel & Hostel Hallbergerhof? Share your experiences!