“Superb service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wokingham
“Superb service”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

For 3 years we have been to Blunsdon House for a family reunion. There are 24 in our party and we are looked after really well. The organization is excellent, the food is always very good and the staff are friendly and helpful. We have already booked our reunion for next year.

Room Tip: I have slept in the main building and in the Pavilion but they are both excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sheila747

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012 via mobile

We had a family get together at this hotel last weekend and it was great. We could not fault it at all good food beautiful surroundings and friendly staff.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank taffyDavies
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I spent three nights at the hotel during Feb 2012. My wife and I had an executive room overlooking the golf course.We had breakfasts and one dinner whilst there. I can honestly say the hotel reached all our expectations.The staff, be that reception,restaurant, bar or room service were first rate.Our room was well decorated with plenty of space, a balcony and excellent up to date bathroom facilities with bath and separate shower.I did not use the pool and other leisure facilities as I did not have enough time but next time I will.There are two restaurants. we did not use the la carte restaurant this time but it looks very inviting.I can recommend the carvery restaurant which had several alternatives if you don't like carvery.
I will book this hotel again when I next visit this location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John H
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just finished a one night stay at the Blunsdon House Hotel, and the service was excellent! We were there for a friend's 80th birthday celebration with 25 people or so, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful, especially the manager, Karen McDermott. Her enthusiasm, and attitude that nothing was too much trouble, made a special evening even better! The bartender, whose name I didn't get, even made sure that the left-over birthday cake was stored in the porter's refrigerator until morning so it would be fresh when the birthday girl took it home!
As to the hotel itself, our room was large, with a sofa, a desk, and a small table with a chair. It was clean, and had free wi-fi! The bathroom had a power shower over the bath, and even though we were at the very far end of the second floor, there was no trouble in getting hot water to the shower...not always a guaranteed thing, even in a couple of the four star hotels we've stayed!
The only niggle? The floor was softer and less lumpy than the bed! Having just stayed in a Best Western in London a couple of weeks ago with a fantastically comfortable bed (in a room half the size of this one) this bed didn't even come close. The foot of the bed was higher than the head, and although I don't mind a firm bed, this one added a new definition for the word "firm"! Other members of the birthday party all said that their beds were very comfortable, so I would like to think that ours was one that the hotel hasn't got around to upgrading yet, because the rest of the room amenities are great.
So a good stay, with helpful and friendly staff, in a large comfortable room with plenty of amenities... a large clean bathroom with a good power shower... now if they could just get the same beds as London, this would have been a perfect stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GHJr
Sandy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I frequently stay here on business but this time it was for leisure. Never any problems and on this occasion the team excelled themselves. Decorating in the main building left a strong paint smell - without hesitation they upgraded us to an executive bedroom in the Pavilion wing . This sort of service with a smile will always encourage me back!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Traddy1
UK
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Spent two nights here. The rooms ere excellent and service very good. Food in the restaurant was mediocre however, we had the buffet dinner and it was all somewhat over cooked as it was kept heated on hot plates. I guess if you ate early it would be better!, and the breakfast could have been fresher.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pedro00
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

There have been a lot of complaints in the UK media recently about how TripAdvisor reviewers never say anything nice about hotels. I have to say that when the worst thing I can find to say about a bedroom is that the drawers in the wardrobe took up too much space for me to hang my full-length down winter coat, I should probably stop now and just say, if you are hereabouts, check in to this hotel. I will add a few more comments. Large comfortable bed. Free wi-fi. The bedrooms, especially in the annexe, are vast, large enough to satisfy the most demanding American. Ditto the bathrooms. They even had good, well-lit magnifying mirrors perfectly placed for shaving - which is one of the Sherriff's most frequent gripes. This bathroom was designed by someone who thought about its users. The meeting room was a bit chilly first thing but soon warmed up. The food was functional more than glamorous but well-prepared and presented. I wouldn't go here for a gastronomic experience but it was a cut above the usual conference fare. The staff were consistenly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank The_Sherriff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blunsdon
Alexandra House
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon
Jurys Inn Swindon
Jurys Inn Swindon
#1 of 25 in Swindon

Been to Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!