“I am usually fussy to please , but I can't say enough nice things about this place”

Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blunsdon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My partner and I came here for an anniversary weekend we arrived on a Friday to leave on a Sunday. I booked the stay a month ago Via Best Western web site, we arrived early on the Friday (2 hours) and they booked us in early no probs.

The room was lovely in the pavillion with a really nice view of the wilts downs from its own balcony, the rooms quiet, large has its own fridge with nothing in it (I love that as you can put your own stuff in) modern bathroom with an awesome shower . Over the moon so far .

I shouldn't talk about the financials but I will it cost 217 for the two nights including breakfast and for what we got it was awesome value.

The leisure facilities are brilliant , two gyms ,a pool with a max depth of 7ft (not ideal for serious swimmers but more than adequate size for a good few half lengths ) also a Jacuzzi a steam room and a free towel every time you visit the health club (obviously have to give it back).

Breakfast is buffet style with full English or continental served up till ten and just what you need for a full day , lunch you can have bar snacks I would recommend the club sandwich

The hotel has three restaurants so you are spoilt for choice but if you fancy eating outside of that there are restaurants about five miles away (Shanghai in Swindon for a Chinese all you can eat was good value and good quality).

The hotel has a spa in it and we decided to have a treatment , I had a back massage and my girl had too numerous to mention ... everything was well organised and treatments are the going rate .

I asked for the newspaper to be delivered in the morning which wasn't a problem and also managed to get a late pudding delivered to the room for my good lady (she wanted to watch the voice and I wanted a beer , so that was the compromise).

I haven't done that many reviews on trip advr and the only other review I have done on a hotel was scathing so I think this one shows how much I love this hotel.

Me and the good lady fell in love all over again and spent lovely quality time together all thanks to the staff the facilities and the thought put into this establishment.

I will come here again and would recommend it as a perfect romantic getaway.

Not only that I am going to see if the company would consider a corporate day down here.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank dosa2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Herts, England, UK
Reviewed 1 June 2012

It was our first visit and although the area doesn't particularly draw me, I would go back as the comfort and spaciousness of the hotel, room and facilities is more than good enough for a decent weekend break. We enjoyed the Pavilion bedroom as we had a small balcony overlooking the golf course which was very private and felt like a real treat - very quiet too. The bathroom felt luxurious as it had a fantastic power shower unit as well as large separate bath, toiletries and thick robes to use. The staff were very friendly and accommodating - we asked for soya milk with no prior warning. The pool is a fair size so we could get a few lengths in, and the showers (with toiletries) and changing rooms were clean and well-managed, although I didn't like having to cross the hall in front of the gym from the pool to the showers. We thought that it must have been quite full from the number of cars in the car park, but as the hotel is so spacious it didn't feel busy. Plenty of room in Carries Bar to hang out in. The breakfast in Christophers was good, with plenty of choice although nothing that made it stand out from other places we've stayed in. I would go back and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Pavilion bedroom was very spacious, excellent huge bathroom, and view over the golf couse and open c...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Waltham Abbey, Essex
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed here for a Masonic Ladies weekend and had a really good time. The hotel is spacious, with modern and old style lounges and bars - something to suit everyone. The room we stayed in was quite large and spotlessly clean, the shower in the bathroom was brilliant and bathrobes were provided! The breakfast buffet was well stocked and delicious, as were all the meals. Plenty of parking and outside space. Staff were friendly and helpful Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

great facillities, food tasty, quiet and pretty grounds, staff very, very helpful and polite. Recommended for business conferences as well, according to a friend of mine.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Uxbridge
Reviewed 29 April 2012

First visit to this hotel. Staff friendly and efficient. Good selection of food for breakfast. Get into the carvery reasonably early..... we ate rather late and the food was a bit tasteless. Pool, gym and jacuzzi great. Sauna & steam adequate.... (but separate for men and women), therapies reasonably priced. Rooms clean and great power shower. We had problems with the TV, but staff were very helpful and even though the problem was not rectified we were offered another room... we settled for a late check out and a bottle of wine. (so thank you for that). Lovely pub close to the hotel... Heart in Hand. Friendly staff and great food... reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the first floor.... stunning views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mc03172014f
Stafford
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have been visiting this hotel for over eight years and it is always god. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The entertainment evenings are worth trying. The food served in the Nichols restaurant is really good value for money - a cavery. Lovely buffet breakfast. Book a table in the restaurant before you arrive as it can get very busy. The Beauty treatments are also very good. Well equipped small gym and lovely pool. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim R
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

me and my hubby took my mum and dad here for 50th wedding anniversay and they loved it.

used the jaccuzi and pool and the food was great as usual

the lunch was slow but they gave us a complemtary drink and a free fudge cake

lovely as always

will go back again

barry and jackie townsend

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bajjaj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blunsdon
Alexandra House
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon
Jurys Inn Swindon
Jurys Inn Swindon
#2 of 25 in Swindon

Been to Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!