“Very enjoyable visit”

Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blunsdon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here for one night for a family birthday celebrtion. Nice family room in the pavillion section, modern, clean and spacious.
With 2 small kids it was great to have the pool and a playground on site. Others in the party played golf and enjoyed the par 3 course.
We were staying for a family birthday so were in a prty of 15 for dinner, despite the hotel being very busy with a wedding and other functions, the food and service was very good. Sunday breakfast was ok (not bad, though nothing exceptional) the sunday carvery lunch was very good.

all in a very pleasant stay and I would happily recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I travel alot for work and i stay in alot of hotels so when I say I am Extremely impressed with Bunsdon House Hotel I know what im talking about, I went here on my honeymoon travels across the UK and this is one of the best Hotel I have ever stayed in. Thank you very much for a relaxing time and such proffesional staff. Definately recommending this hotel to my colleagues and my Costumers.

Mr M. wan.

Room Tip: Just make sure to go to Bunsdon House Hotel and you are bound to get amazed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a family wedding and was given superb room in pavillion which had balcony over looking the golf course. The room was very spacious with a large bathroom and great shower. After the ceremony we all gathered in the impresive hotel grounds to toast the bride & groom. The wedding reception was held in the garden room which was quite large with its own bar and good sized danced floor which we made full use of into the early hours. We received excellent service from the friendly staff who made the whole day run seamlessly from beginning to end. Was hoping to try out the swimming pool before breakfast but the hangover wouldn't allow however did make it to breakfast eventually. The hotel seems well setup for wedding day functions and would definitely consider using it myself one day, perhaps...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Set at the edge of the Cotswalds, a perfect hotel. Golf course, woodland walk, tennis,
indoor pool and gym, and a first rate spa.
We stayed in the Pavilion and had a room that couldn't be bettered - huge bathroom with tub and powerful walk-in shower, great freebies, plenty of large towels. Bedroom spacious with king-size bed, two tub armchairs, a desk and a balcony with pretty table and chairs and all spotlessly clean. Only negative was lumpy solid pillows but I always take my own anyway.
Very spacious hotel, with several lounges ideal for singles, couples or people with young children. Freshly prepared food in the buffet restaurant (we didn't eat in the smarter silver service restaurant).
Breakfast expecially delicious with platters of fresh fruits, organic yogurts, cheeses and the usual full English and vegetarian.

Room Tip: Pavilion rooms are especially spacious
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnneBrenda
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed here for 4 days at the end of June this year as a base for our annual Bowls Club tour.
It was the second time for us (the third time for the Bowling Club) and we were not disappointed.We had rooms in the Pavillion which are really spacious with lovely bathrooms and all the little extras that make a hotel just that cut above most of the others in the same price range. The food was good - buffet style and plenty of choice. If I had to mark it down at all, I would say that the restaurant staff could have been a little bit sharper with the tea or coffee delivery at breakfast and after the evening meal but all the staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful.The hotel is a bit isolated so, unless you want to drive, there is not a lot to do in the evening but you can see this from its location. All in all, a lovely hotel which I would definately visit again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DevonCrumblies
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I would like to congratulate whoever it is that runs this hotel.

Our booking was for 35, a corporate booking with lunch, dinner, bed and breakfast and a meeting room, and it simply could not be faulted. Not one negative comment from any of the 35 staying, the rooms were all excellent, meals in Christophers Restaurant were easy and enjoyable, and the range of bars and amentities at this location mean that this not only suits our type of booking, but I am certain I will return on a personal level too.

All the staff I encountered were very helpful too......speaks volumes for the general management of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Donald S
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here on the weekend of 21 July 12.On arrival we checked in and having a free Best Western rewards card we were upgraded to a Pavillion room overlooking the golf course.The room was spacious with a large bathroom with walk in shower & sep. bath.Bathrobes and toiletries all on hand.A coffee maker ,teapot and fridge came in very handy with a nice selection of teas coffes and choc. and biscuits.We stayed half board and the restaurant was lovely,Very clean and the waiting staff could not do enough for you.The food was carvery and was just great.I would definitely recommend this hotel for any age.There were lots of young familys enjoying the play area and the wide open spaces andlovely views of the countryside.Will definitely return.Thankyou for a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: Send off for a free Best Western rewards card which entitles you to a free room upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank graham1965_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blunsdon
Swindon Marriott Hotel
De Vere Cotswold Water Park
De Vere Cotswold Water Park
#1 of 1 in South Cerney
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon

Been to Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!