“Business Stopover”

Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blunsdon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Arrived late on a Sunday - given a lovely room - problem free!
The restaurant was closing and I didn't fancy the room service plate charge, so I wandered down to the bar and spent a pleasant hour or so with the staff on top form. The food was wonderful and prepared so quickly I wondered if the chef had been stood beside me as I browsed the menu.
Breakfast service again was great, my only gripe was the mobile signal was poor in the heart of the restaurant - still eating in peace should be a right and I was glad not to hear ringtones and shouted conversations first thing in the morning.
I will certainly return - this establishment is great.

Room Tip: Always join the Rewards program to earn extra attention ;)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Raffles69,

Thank you for taking the time to review Blunsdon house, your feedback is most welcome and appreciated. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the various aspects of your time at Blunsdon met with your approval. Mobile phone reception is generally very good at Blunsdon with service from all the major UK networks but as you correctly point out it does suffer ever so slightly as you venture into the heart of the building.

We are glad to read that you made the most of this temporary technological respite to enjoy a hearty breakfast and we wish you safe onward travel and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Many years since I visited Blunsdon House,now a very warm and friendly hotel. My husband booked for 2 nights in the Pavillion,which proved to be an excellent choice. Room was very roomy and comfortable with pleasant views of the gardens. We enjoyed breakfast and evening meals on both nights and thoroughly recommend both restaurants.
I look forward to staying again when we next visit the area.

Room Tip: The Pavillion seemed to be less busy in the week. The garden views absolutely lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison M
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Alison M,

Thank you for such a complimentary review of Blunsdon - it was great to have you back with us after such a while. Blunsdon has been owned and operated by my family since its inception in 1959 and it really is nice to read that you first visited us in your childhood - probably in my grandfather’s day (who is still going strong at 90!). I have passed this on for his appreciation and he was truly delighted! We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Warm wishes

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here, checking out in the morning.
Cannot rate this hotel enough. Check in easy, welcoming and informative.
Room massive as was bathroom. Had a beautiful view over the hills from a balcony which was a nice surprise as I'm a smoker and usually have to go right out of the hotel. Table, 2 chairs and an ashtray provided. Room and bathroom extremely clean and plenty of towels, smellies etc. Big TV and good amenities in room. I forgot toothpaste so maybe this could be provided but it's rare that hotels do provide this.
I ate at the carvery restaurant. I wouldn't say this was fantastic but I am extremely fussy about my roast dinners been from Yorkshire ;)
Bar area lovely and very quaint.
Staff on all levels were amazing. I was having trouble with my wifi connection and after a quick trip to reception I had a techy guy on the phone within ten minutes to help me get a secure connection.
All in all if I stay in Swindon again I will definitely return here.
Thanks to the staff for making my stay so lovely.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Bangitonanorse,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Blunsdon House here with the community at Trip advisor. It is very gratifying to read your account and we are delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us. We have passed on your kind comments to the team for general circulation.

For your future reference complimentary toothpaste is available from our reception desk for our guests during their stay. Hopefully your business travels will draw you back to Swindon and we can look forward to welcoming you back to Blunsdon again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Myself and my parents always go to the al la carte restaurant at least once every 5 weeks and I cannot fault it at all...
Olga and Micheal are always willing to provide us with every thing we need which is lovely...
I cannot see us ever going anywhere else for such lovely food...
Please don't change anything within the hotel as it is lovely as it is...
Yours Truly
Sam Gilbert (two stcks family)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here at Trip advisor. Your kind comments and repeat custom are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to both Michael and Olga respectively. We are constantly developing our product here at Blunsdon and currently we are working on a new and exciting restaurant concept, please be assured however that our ever popular traditional Sunday lunch will be unaffected. We hope to see your family again very soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We had a last minute change of our weekend plan & found the Blunsdon. Lovely & peaceful location. I asked for a scenic view & got it. We stayed in "The Pavilion" its a separate building from the main hotel with balconies, overlooking the Wiltshire countryside. The rooms are modern, plush and spacious. The 3 course meal buffet style with carvery is delicious & a nice selection to choose from and good value for money too. Nice atmosphere, friendly & helpful staff. We'll definitely go back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kayr33
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear kayr33,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Blunsdon House Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the various aspects of your stay and that we proved to be a good “find”. It's also very nice to read that you will be returning and we await the occasion with anticipation, until that time we wish you all the best and safe travels.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Would like to thank all the staff for making our weekend extra special. 16 people for birthday celebrations 50th and 70th. Perfect location, outstanding service by all (even the bell boy Jordan). Men enjoyed their Golf and the Ladies all had treatments in the spa and used the leisure facilities. Food was very good and the Table they laid out for us was spectacular.
Many thanks to all staff you made our weekend unforgettable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Pavillion all have balconies which was a bonus.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear April M,

Thank you for posing a review of Blunsdon House Hotel here at Trip advisor. It is particularly gratifying to read that we were able to assist with multiple successful birthday parties. We have passed on your kind comments to the staff (even Jordan:) ). We hope that the next time you have business or leisure requirements that Blunsdon House will be at the forefront of your mind.

For Blunsdon House Ltd.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Appreciated the room upgrade, staff at reception were very good, room very good, carvery and staff very good. The only criticism we is the standard of the breakfast for a 4 star hotel. The fruit juices were not labelled and whilst the cold selection looked good, the selection on the cooked breakfast left a lot to be desired with dry crispy bacon where it had been on the hotplate too long and poorly cooked fried eggs. Next time, and there probably will be one, if there is no improvement then we will select the cold menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Keith D,

Thank you for posting a review of Blunsdon House. Our “all you can eat Breakfast” is a meal that we pride ourselves on and we consistently receives praise from our guests in relation to it. Please accept our apologies that your experience, as detailed was less than ideal – your comments have been passed on to the head chef for review.

We are delighted to read that all other aspects of the hotel met with your approval and that we can look forward to seeing you again, until such a time we wish you all the best.

Ownership family
For Blunsdon House Hotel Ltd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blunsdon
Alexandra House
De Vere Cotswold Water Park
De Vere Cotswold Water Park
#1 of 1 in South Cerney
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon

Been to Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!