“Excellent service and facilities.”

Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blunsdon
GreenLeadersGold level
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and facilities.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a wonderful anniversary night at this hotel. Was very kindly given an upgrade when my husband mentioned at booking it was our anniversary.
Lovely views from our balcony over the golf course and far reaching views of the surrounding countryside. Really nice clean bathroom, great thick towels and a bath rode was provided. Very comfortable four poster bed. The decor was slightly dated but of very good standard. Our television wasn't working so called reception with in a few minutes 2 very helpful men came and sorted it out.
The leisure club was great they even supply ghd hsir straighters!!! Fantastic staff at the leisure centre really helpful.
We had our meal at the carvery and popped down when we first arrived as we are both vegetarian. The staff were so helpful even offering to cook anything we wanted!
We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2014
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Catherine H,

Thank for taking the time to post a review here on Trip advisor and for producing such fantastic picture of the Pavilion for the site. We are delighted to read that both yourself and husband enjoyed your anniversary with us. We take great pride in providing little flourishes here at Blunsdon and with this in mind we provide GHD for our leisure guests to use - its nice to know they are appreciated!

We very much hope that you will visit us again soon, if not there is only about 360 days until you next anniversary!

For Blunsdon House Hotel Ltd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My business client booked this hotel for me to facilitate a team workshop. I visit a lot of hotels on this basis and normally I see the same-old-same-old chains. Instead, Blunsdon House Hotel is a lovely combination of great standards whilst being run by a family who make it more personal. Out training room was re-arranged at the drop of a hat, my room was exceptionally clean, the food was great quality. The buffet style evening meal was hot, tasty, varied and lots of it. And I had the joy of an early morning walk along the wooded trail followed by a chat with Carrie, one of the family, who was tending to the flowers and gardens with great love and attention. Great work guys - keep it up!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have astonishing views!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 466Sue
Dear 466Sue,

Thank you for your review and welcome to the Trip advisor community, your feedback is most welcome. We are glad to read that you found Blunsdon House to your liking and that the personal approach we adopt is appreciated amongst our customers. I have passed on your kind comments to Carrie (my mother) who spends far more time kneel at the flowerbeds than she does at the keyboard and she was delighted. I hope that business will bring you to Blunsdon again soon and until such a time wish you safe travels.

Ownership family
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I spent the night here on Wednesday 14th May due to a work meeting. I was a tad worried about staying in a Best Western Hotel as i have had a few bad ones in my time. But as it was paid by my company i didn't have much choice. I have to say i now have to eat my words... what a wonderful place to stay. From the start to the end i can not fault it and i did try and find them .

Reception was clear and quick the room was amazing clean tidy with everything i could need and a little bit more. The view from my room over looking the golf course was truly amazing. And i have to say thanks for the chat i had with the lady at 6.30am as i was having a coffee on my patio.
The meeting room was clean smart and perfect for what we needed it for. We all had a good dinner all the food cooked well and not a dry bit of meat anywhere. I will 100% be back to walk the grounds and use the facilities. Maybe i will see the deer or see the owls for the herring trying to take one of the Koi. It will be a nice weekend away. Breakfast was perfect and check out was quick and pleasant. A very homely hotel. Thanks so much for great service and great quality.
And happy 90th to your Father.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Giddyalfa,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review of Blunsdon. Whilst we were a little perturbed to read that your experience of Best Western to date has not always met expectations, we are delighted to read that your time at Blunsdon House has set the record straight. The lady you describe is Carrie Clifford one of hotel's directors. She takes great pride in the upkeep of the gardens and surrounding areas. We have also passed on your kind birthday wishes to Mr Peter Clifford.

It's great that you had a fantastic time and will be visiting us again soon, from our perspective there is no greater reward.

Best wishes.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have a prequent business trip to Swindon and normally stay in city center but this time want to go for a change and try Blunsdon House Hotel.I arrived bit dark after dinner with collegue.
Checkin was fine and i got a spacious room . The room and deco are quite dated and seriously need refurbishment.
Breakfast was okay with number of choices hot and cold .
This might be my first and last trip here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rashdan R
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Rashdan R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at Trip advisor. At Blunsdon we cater to a very wide variety of customers including a strong leisure market. We differ from your typical city centre corporate hotel in this respect and some areas of the hotel are intentionally decorated in a traditional manner to accommodate our eclectic customer mix. We do for example have a pair of wood panelled, fire lit, chandeliers bars but we also have an entirely different, modern sports bar to compliment this.

Dated décor is a commented frequently levelled at independent hoteliers and whilst frustrating it is nearly always impossible to refute due to its subjective nature. Whilst it would be relatively simple to replace brass with chrome and mahogany with birch we do not feel that it would be entirely appropriate to do so, or in keeping with the nature of the hotel.

We are constantly reinvesting at Blunsdon house as unlike many of our competitors we do not believe decorating cheaply and then "sweating the asset", after all the hotel is also our home. We have for example just installed a brand new tennis court and we are busy constructing a sun terrace patio area at the rear of the premises as we speak. You will also be reassured to know that we have a significant development budget earmarked for the upcoming financial year.

Given your corporate expectations, our modern executive bedrooms in the pavilion would have certainly better suited your needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Chris.clifford@blunsdonhouse.co.uk) the next time your in the area and I would be very happy to ensure you experience the our executive product at Blunsdon.

Ownership Family
For Blunsdon House Hotel Ltd.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Met some friends for a lovely Sunday lunch here last week as the location was good for both families to get to as just off a419.
We first enjoyed carries bar and relaxed with a drink on the sofas before our meal.
In Christopher's the staff were attentive, the carvery was delicious and perfect for families with small children such as myself so my husband and I could "shift eat" (if required)
Most carvery restaurants I have attended before have been "canteen like" and out for yourself but this had a totally different atmosphere. A special restaurant feel, table service when you want. Just excellent service where nothing was too much trouble.
Christopher's is Very child friendly, I was able to go out onto the patio with my baby and rock her in pushchair to get her to sleep in between courses and my four year old daughter enjoyed colouring and the "special ice cream"
After a delicious three course meal we went out into the sunshine and sat on very comfortable outdoor "armchair" style chairs with a low coffee table style table. This to me was perfect, I hate sitting on upright plastic chairs after a meal and I felt totally relaxed. Even better was the fact the tables and chairs we chose were right near the park so could see my daughter and her friend playing without having to get up and spend my time away from the group.
Basically in would recommend this hotel in an instant.. A perfect location to meet friends and family to spend a relaxing afternoon whether you eat in the restaurant or a drink in bar or garden area. Thumbs up from me!

• Stayed May 2014
Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear CLW353,

Thank you for taking the time to review Blunsdon House. Its great to read that your family enjoyed their time with us. We are busy constructing a leisure club patio area as we speak and will soon have a new landscaped garden with individual patios and loungers directly overlooking the children's playground - the perfect area to sit back and relax. We hope that you will be back soon to check developments!

Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I stopped here recently - one night midweek. Staff very friendly at all times, especially helpful in reception, gym and restaurant. Plenty of free parking and easily accessed off the A419. Room was fine, possibly old fashioned for some but clean and comfortable. We had dinner in the restaurant, good choices, well cooked and pleasant surroundings. Ate there again at breakfast which was superb, as much as you could eat and very good quality.
Would stay there again without hesitation.
Only criticism would be that our room had a door to the adjoining room and the sound insulation was poor and this could have been an issue (but wasn't in this case).

Room Tip: Check for adjoining doors they could be a problem.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pete1959

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review of Blunsdon House Hotel. We are delighted to read that you both enjoyed the varied aspects of your stay and hopefully we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again very soon.

Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Arrived late on a Sunday - given a lovely room - problem free!
The restaurant was closing and I didn't fancy the room service plate charge, so I wandered down to the bar and spent a pleasant hour or so with the staff on top form. The food was wonderful and prepared so quickly I wondered if the chef had been stood beside me as I browsed the menu.
Breakfast service again was great, my only gripe was the mobile signal was poor in the heart of the restaurant - still eating in peace should be a right and I was glad not to hear ringtones and shouted conversations first thing in the morning.
I will certainly return - this establishment is great.

Room Tip: Always join the Rewards program to earn extra attention ;)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Blunsdon, Owner at Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Raffles69,

Thank you for taking the time to review Blunsdon house, your feedback is most welcome and appreciated. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the various aspects of your time at Blunsdon met with your approval. Mobile phone reception is generally very good at Blunsdon with service from all the major UK networks but as you correctly point out it does suffer ever so slightly as you venture into the heart of the building.

We are glad to read that you made the most of this temporary technological respite to enjoy a hearty breakfast and we wish you safe onward travel and hope to see you again soon.

For Blunsdon House Hotel Ltd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blunsdon
Alexandra House
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon
Jurys Inn Swindon
Jurys Inn Swindon
#1 of 25 in Swindon

Been to Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!