“Outstanding Hotel - 1 in a million!!!!”

Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blunsdon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I was so impressed with this family run hotel. Beautiful setting, very good sized rooms and great value. The food was some of the best I have eaten in a hotel and has enough restaurants to suit every taste. The staff were incredibly friendly and could not do enough to ensure our stay was an enjoyable one. Great leisure. Will defiantly be returning. Fantastic hotel - cannot recommend enough!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Premier Blunsdon House Hotel after participating in the Moonwalk in London so was in much need of a realxing break and this is exactly what I got.
My room was absolutely magnificent with a 4 poster bed, giant TV with tons of channels, living room and huge bathroom with lovely fluffy bathrobes.
We ate in Christopher's on the evening and Carrie's in the day, the food was fantastic and the staff were excellent, really attentive and friendly.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will most definitely be staying again when I can make it down to Swindon.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2010

After having our holiday cancelled at very short notice, we needed cheering up,so booked into Blunsdon House for 3 nights. Over all, the hotel justifies its 4-star premier rating; spacious buildings and grounds, excellent leisure and pool facility, and very pleasant staff. It seems to operate on 2 levels - the coach parties and weddings (2 on the Saturday we were there), and the couples in for a quiet time. There are standard rooms in the main part, then the Executive Rooms in the separate Pavilion building - more spacious, but not so good getting across to the main part if the weather is bad (although they do provide umbrellas!). All breakfasts are buffet-style in the 'Christophers' restaurant, so you need to time your arrival after coach parties and morning-after wedding guests have left. In the evening, 'Christophers' is a carvery, OK but not great on food or surroundings. So, after the first night we paid extra and ate in the 'Nichols' dining room. Lovely setting and food and well worth the extra.
We left, after 3 days of glorious sunshine, definitely cheered up!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel on business with a group of collegues. My room was lovely and they really think of everything. Fluffy bathrobes, coffee maker as well as kettle, flat screen TV etc. The meals I had were very good, nicest roast beef I've had in ages. Excellent selection at breakfast of continental as well as cooked items. Staff very helpful and professional. Would stay there again on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Bournemouthlady
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend, and was very impressed with the room I got, and the hotel in general. The purpose of the visit was for a bridge weekend, so I paid one fee for full board, and several bridge sessions.
The food was also very good, and there is a choice of bars at which to drink. So it all sounds great so far.
The issues that I had were minor service issues. For instance on check in I was told that my room was 'obviously' next door to my friend's room, since our rooms had consecutive numbers. Firstly this is not obvious (could quite feeesibly be odd numbers on one side and even numbers on the other for example), and secondly the room did not turn out to be next door to my friend's.
Also, on one of the coffee session, it appeared that the staff forgot to provide the coffee.
But otherwise I was very impressed - they provided a toothbrush and toothpaste for instance when I requested it. And generally very helpful.
So it was a great hotel, and a much enjoyed stay - sadly with these couple of minor issues, I can only award 4 ticks.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We go every year in February to this lovely hotel with families with several children. We have been several times and enjoy every stay so much. The rooms are clean and they are all in easy access of the facilities including the pool and bars. The food in the restaurant is fabulous, there is so much choice including a hot cooked breakfast. The staff are friendly upon your arrival through to the end of your stay, they are helpful and polite. One year we fancied a change and visited another hotel in swindon, however we felt that we preffered the Blunsdon and returned there again. We are about to visit the Blunsdon next weekend and we are expecting the great service as usual. It is truly fab!

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We stayed here twice late last year. Unfortunately our first stay was complicated by a major plumbing problem so we were invited back to stay for 2 nights courtesy of the hotel by the very personable general manager Chris Clifford. We had a room in the pavillion which is a short walk from the main building. It was well equipped, lots of wardrobe and shelf space, large queen sized bed, flat screen TV, tea and biscuits and also a filter coffee machine which we thought was a very nice touch. Our room also had a balcony with patio furniture for those warm summer evenings and a lovely bathroom with a good sized seperate shower cubicle. The staff were all very courteous and hospitable. We ate in both Carries bar and Christophers carvery which were both good value for money. There is a really lovely indoor terraced area with leather sofas just opposite Christophers which faces out onto the countryside where you can sit and relax and just watch the world go by, very restful. We had a very nice stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blunsdon
Alexandra House
4 mi away
Cricklade House
Cricklade House
#1 of 1 in Cricklade

Been to Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!