“Bavarian Gem”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Zorneding
Carmel Valley, California
“Bavarian Gem”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family and I have been staying at Glasl's for over 20 years, even before the new building was built. We have recommended it to many friends, who have enjoyed their stay as much as we always do. I just spent 10 days in December at Glasl's with my parents. The Glasl family and staff are excellent, caring, and will accommodate any wish. Rooms are impeccably clean and very quiet with comfortable beds, cozy down comforters and the best cotton linens, the bathrooms are sparkling clean with instant hot water. I have stayed in both the double rooms and the apartments, both are wonderful. When traveling with my husband and two children, the apartment offers more room with a sofa bed and a kitchenette. All rooms are decorated in Bavarian style, with beautiful pine woodwork and plenty of cabinet/closet space and a minibar. Cable TV has CNN and BBC for English speakers. The hotel offers free internet and parking. In the summer, there is a terrace to enjoy the sunshine and the view. Downstairs is a wonderful Wellness area with a sauna, steam room, and whirlpool, all extremely clean and relaxing. There is also a beautiful bar in the Lobby, from which you can order most anything (great Bavarian beer on tap!) The hotel is an easy 10 minute walk to the S-Bahn station, from which you can reach downtown Munich is 20 minutes or so. There are several restaurants nearby, with the best restaurant in Zorneding across the street...Neuwirt.
Finally, the breakfast. Included in your room is the most amazing breakfast buffet. My children (and I) rave about it to everyone and miss it when we leave. The freshest farm eggs, fresh breads, rolls, coldcuts, smoked salmon, cheeses, jams, cereals, fruit, etc. etc. etc. All served in a beautifully clean breakfast room decorated in the traditional Bavarian pine. I have never had a better breakfast in a hotel ANYWHERE!
Glasl's rates 5 stars in my book, and I will always stay there when in Munich. Stay at Glasl's on your next trip to Munich, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SCluvtrips

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I try to stay at this hotel when ever I am in Munich. Its clean, very friendly, fantastic breakfast and very reasonably priced. Its not central to Munich but its very Bavarian and not far to travel if you need to get into town.

Room Tip: Don't miss Breakfast
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I had business in Zorneding and the company I visited organised the hotel as it is yards from their office and I'm so glad they did. The building is fine, the location great and the rooms very nice. The staff were excellent and accommodated my poor German !
The breakfast was very good , many choices of tasty foods, some good for the waistline, others not so good! but all very nice.
The whole place was immaculately clean, the bathroom in particular sparkled.

I will certainly stay here when in visit next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Ledziny, Poland
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Family hotel in east suburbs of Munich. For the price it offers much, much more than any other hotel in Munich itself. If you need to get to Munich citycenter local frequent trains (S-bahn) station is nearby. Buy daily ticket as it's cheaper than 2 one-ways.
The atmosphere in the hotel is excellent. Stuff is very friendly and helpful. I got offer for free car ride to the train station at 6am in the morning (when reception is open from 7am) as I had to catch flight in the very morning!
Breakfast is really good. You can see that by local people going to the hotel on weekends for breakfast.
Besides free internet access the hotel offers free spa with 2 types of sauna and jacuzzi and of course fee parking.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings. Wifi range is not equal so if you need good wifi connection ask about it in r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 October 2011

With family in Zorneding, we make annual visits and stay at this excellent family-run hotel. It is beautifully constructed, immaculate, comfortable, and the breakfasts are sighed over all year long by my husband. The owners are eager to assist with any questions or needs; the dining room and chamber staff are excellent. We love visiting our family. We also love staying at he Glasl.

Room Tip: We prefer the back rooms overlooking the garden and fields.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I have stayed here many times, and have always found the service excellent. This is a very friendly, family run hotel that I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Kentoxford
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Although we specifically requested a room with a shower and our confirmation listed our room as having a "shower" we received a room with a tub and shower head. No tub mat, no non-slip stickers, nothing except a flimsy shower curtain. My 20 year old daughter slipped badly and cracked her forehead open, requiring 9 stitches. The doctors warned to watch out for a concussion. She had multiple horrible bruises. It was awful. We had to cancel our flights and trip to Berlin the next day, but Glasl's couldn't accommodate us so we had to find somewhere else to stay. We incurred a lot of expenses with the doctors, ambulance, last minute cancellations, etc and Glasl's has refused to help us with any of these costs. Their insurance company claims that their bathrooms are "in accordance with the legal requirements." I give Glasl's a very poor rating for the horrible way they handled this situation and treated us.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank PattiAnsley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zorneding
Hotel Gasthof Neuwirt
Pullman Hotel Munich
#51 of 383 in Munich
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,407 reviews
Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Been to Glasl's Landhotel? Share your experiences!