“Truly Perfekt !”

Gasthaus am Flughafen
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lautzenhausen
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed one overnight at this B&B last summer /shame on me that it took me so much time to sit and write this review :-)/ on my way from Ireland to Italy.I'm totally impressed of the overall quality I got and the location of the "Guesthouse at the airport" as I translated the name for me...The B&B is just 10 min walk from the airport,situated in a quiet and extremely clean small village,named Lautzenhausen.For a small amount of money I paid,I got a single room with nice view on the top floor with modern bathroom,comfortable bed and plenty of space to feel myself really,really good.And what about the breakfast?Oh,man,I got THE RICHEST continental breakfast,I've ever had in a hotel,although it wasn't a buffet table.
This B&B is not on my regular travel route,but if I need an overnight or two in the area,I would stay in it.Recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was there once for a stop in Hahn airport. Interior are nice, not excellent but normal. The waitress welcome us in a "cold" way... we choose alone the table and check out the menu.
Mainly a German-Italian cousine like all the others restaurants in the area ... We tried one "Jager Schnitzel" Beef and one Tortellini dish.

First of all the service, they seems to do you a favour coming to take the order, the beef was really hard not eatable and the tortellini not hand made and really hard as well ... prize exagerated for a bad quality dish.

after the meal we decide to not take anymore a room in that hotel/restaurant

not raccomanded at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank espertoadriatico
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We arrived at Hahn airport at 11.30pm on the start of a week-long trip to the Middle Rhine area of Germany and not wanting to travel too far on our first night we pre-booked this little place. It's a 5 minute walk from the front door of the terminal building (out the door, turn right, past the bus stands and veer to the left,,,it's visible from there at the beginning of the main street.) and a taxi will cost about 7.50 euro which seems a lot but if you're not on a tight budget and can't be bothered walking late at night then so be it.
Anyway...the owner greeted us in perfect English in the sweet little bar area and gave us the keys to our spotless, spacious room. We dropped our bags and went back down for a beer...although the bar does close at midnight...and then to bed in a very comfy double.
Our room was at the front (airport side) and even with the window open (hot night) there was very little disturbance from either planes or traffic.
Breakfast the next morning was already laid out for us at a table (no need for self-service) with huge quantities of cooked meats, breads, boiled eggs, cereals, juice etc...a feast!
We then strolled back up to the bus stand outside the airport and got a bus to Mainz to start our river cruise to Koblenz...both very interesting cities by the way...especially Koblenz...my new favourite place!

Book this hotel with absolute confidence!!!!

Room Tip: if you are a really light sleeper or like to sleep with the window open, then ask for a room at the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a good hotel, but I believe that they charge too much money. Airport is 5-10 minutes away by foot. Their restaurant opens at 8 and breakfast costs 6.5. A lot of flights leave at 8, so they could considering opening their restaurant earlier, but they don't want to, since this hotel is very small. Everything looks new and clean. Great service and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed here twice, when changing flights in Hahn Airport.

It takes only a few minutes walk to reach Gasthaus.

I had an opportunity to occupy both single and double room. Both were perfectly nice and clean. This is definitely my choice when next time staying overnight in Hahn.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jari t
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We pass by last night and ask. If they have rooms yes double 50 a night tv bathroom toilet etc. Very clean and modern breakfast for 6 euros each with fresh hotel bread very nice and plenty served on the table. No buffet all fresh,the same night we had dinner. Very top qualitie rum steak with a very nice sauce brattkartoffel and mix salat. 17 euros very good price and good meat the red dry weine. Domfelder. Top and the glasses. Full and big.near the airport Hahn ,over all top place to stay if you are in the area or have to stay overnight for a flight. Owners and staff very friendly. Good place to stay We can recomment it. Peter yanet spain

Room Tip: I inmaged in summer it will be quikly full book ahead and proberly the prices changed in the tourist...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Gasthaus am Flughafen is ideally situated for an overnight before an early flight out of Frankfurt Hahn airport. It is fairly new with simple but very clean rooms and bathrooms. The rooms are moderately priced. Although it is only about a 10 minute walk to the airport terminal, there is very little noise from the airport. If you are a light sleeper, you might ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
The restaurant serves dinner which is reasonably priced typical German fare. Buffet breakfast can be had for an additional fee, about 6 Euro per person. Service doesn't start until 8:00 AM but there are several places in the airport for a range of breakfast options.
You can leave your car in the hotel car park for 2.50 Euro a day. We have stayed in this hotel twice, leaving our car there and walking to the terminal for our flights. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on back of hotel on side away from airport. We stayed in a room on the front and...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sszeke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lautzenhausen
Airport Hotel Fortuna
#1 of 1 in Lautzenhausen
Hotel Myplace
Hotel Myplace
#2 of 5 in Lautzenhausen

Been to Gasthaus am Flughafen? Share your experiences!