“Almost perfect!”

Petani Bay Hotel- Adults Only
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lixouri
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The fabulous view of the cliffs turquoise water of Petani Bay cannot be beaten, and the hotel is cleverly designed to ensure a view from every room. Petani Bay Hotel could be described as a modern boutique style, our suite was spacious and comfortable with a compact balcony. The kingsize bed was comfortable and a pillow menu was available. The owner, Voula, obviously enjoys her work and this shines though in her personality, hospitality and her willingness to make sure her guests are happy - including sharing her knowledge of Kefalonia and what it has to offer. She even brought iced lemon water to all the sunbathing guests around the pool at regular intervals, and it is this sort of personal touch that makes it so special. If you are looking for peace, quiet and pampering in a location well away from the 'rat race' this is the place.
The hotel would easily enjoy 5 stars if it wasn't for the annoying design of the shower cubicle, allowing water to leak under the screen and create a large puddle in the bathroom - detracted somewhat from the impression of modern/luxe somewhat.

Room Tip: All rooms have a clifftop and sea view, but those at a higher level obviously benefit from a better...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Not much I can add about the Petani Bay - lovely room, lovely grounds, very welcoming staff and hosts. We will be going back.

Couple of suggestions for amazing food nearby - both taverna's at Petani Bay beach and the Petani taverna at the top of the road. For an unspoilt quiet beach and more stunning sea food visit Altheras.

We loved our time in Kefalonia at the Petani - don't hesitate to book

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravGB55
Reviewed 20 September 2013

What a wonderful, beautiful place to stay. We had an amazing 5 days here in May and it literally made our holiday. We had spent the previous 9 days at The Apollonion and though it was very good, this was the Kefalonian experience we were looking for.

As soon as we stepped into the hotel and were warmly welcomed by John, we knew we had chosen the right place. It has the right mix of boutique hotel with all the little luxuries, without being pretentious. It is a proper slice of Kefalonia and I cannot emphasise enough how staggering the views are. It really is breathtaking!

The rooms are large, extremely well equipped, have the most comfortable beds possible and each have a balcony which overlooks Petani Bay so you can watch the sunset every night.

The pool is clean and refreshing and the sunbeds are very comfy and plentiful.

All of the staff are fantastic and John and Voula are the most gracious and warm hosts. You can see they love their hotel as much as every single one of their guests.

In summary I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to return as soon as possible!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Braies
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I’ve had the opportunity to do a significant amount of travel during my lifetime. I have visited 37 different countries in all. During this time I have stayed in a wide range of hotels from the Ritz Carlton in NY and the Mandarin Oriental in Singapore to some very budget hotels, but I have never in my life experienced the level of service that I received at the Petani Bay Hotel.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel to the moment we left, the staff and management were very accommodating and eager to please. One morning we decided to sleep in and didn’t wake until after breakfast was finished. I strolled down to the outdoor restaurant hoping only to grab a cup of coffee and as soon as I sat down, one of the owners came out and asked what she could get for me. Like I said breakfast was over, but she very happily went into the kitchen and brought out whatever leftover bread and fruit she could find.

All of this on top of unbelievable views, excellent accommodations at a reasonable price.

My wife and I had planned to go to Napa Valley for our 20th Anniversary next year, but after this experience, it looks like we will be returning to Petani Bay in 2014.

2  Thank DougBomberger
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Petani Bay Hotel, what can I say about it? It is unquestionably a distinctive four stars hotel set in a unique environment. The over exuberant and over eager to please lady who runs the place, seem to have one word missing from her dictionary, and that one word is ‘impossible’. She went out of her way to please us and satisfy all our requests and made sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. The staff is equally helpful, always smiling and happy to provide any assistance when needed. I would normally give this hotel the full 5 marks it has earned from others, but I will not. I will instead go for 4. Why? Because I believe that the difference between very good and excellent is in the detail. In that respect the Petani has failed us on two counts. First, the door of our glass shower cubicle was missing. That meant that everytime we had a shower, the bathroom floor turned into a very annoying paddling pool. Second, when returning late night from an outing at the nearby town of Lixouri, I desperately needed a shower. To my astonishment, no hot water was available. Nevertheless I would strongly recommend this hotel if one is after a relaxing and pampered stay in a serene and picturesque environment. Being mobile is a must if one wants some excitement on top.

Room Tip: This is a suite hotel only, 13 in all. All suites have sea view but only a handful have a full unint...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I recently returned from a week at Petani Bay Hotel with my wife and 11 year old son. The welcome on arrival from the owners Voula and John is really great. You are made to feel part of the family as soon as you arrive and the service carried on at that standard from everyone there for the whole week.
The whole place is immaculate. Our suite was comfortable and spacious with a spectacular view of the bay, and the beautiful sunset on the horizon every night.
Breakfast was a highlight with a vast array of croissants, fresh fruit and various cooked options.
The pool makes for a very relaxed lazy day with just very low background music and friendly bar staff.
I would definitely recommend hiring a car as the hotel is quite isolated. This is not a particularly touristy part of the Island, although we found this a big plus as there are some lovely sandy beaches nearby. The food in the beach tavernas that we went to was excellent and very cheap.
The local countryside is absolutely stunning.
The only couple of minus points are that the hotel is a bit soulless at night as most people tend to be out elsewhere. Also most of the food we tried at the hotel in the daytime and the occasional evening was not quite up to the standard of breakfast.
I would suggest that to make even more of the wonderful location the hotel could offer the occasional BBQ or fresh fish evening so that more people stayed for the evening and mixed with other guests.
However overall the place is great and the service is consistently the best I have had at any hotel.
We would definitely return
Ian and Rose

Room Tip: I'm guessing all rooms were as nice as ours
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Cephalonia but what really made our trip outstanding was our stay at fabulous Petani Bay. It is literally impossible to leave this little slice of paradise without a smile on your face. Everything about the hotel is impeccable; Excellent five star quality rooms which are spacious, private and full of natural sunlight; not to mention the cleanliness, top class linen and matresses. The views are stunning over the relatively unknown and stunning Petani Bay. Nonetheless what really made this hotel outstanding was the incredible and authentic Greek hospitality of the intelligent and sensitve owners John and Voula and their lovely family. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The hotel is a credit to all of you and we hope to see you all again soon. Thankyou so much for everything and good luck. We will be back. Anyone undecided in their choice of hotel look no further!

2  Thank Kristen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lixouri
Odyssey Hotel
Ionian Emerald Resort
Kefalonia Bay Palace
Kefalonia Bay Palace
#4 of 6 in Agia Efimia

Been to Petani Bay Hotel- Adults Only? Share your experiences!