“Return visit”

Antonello's at Xi
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Lixouri
Cuisines: Greek, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a traditional Greek Grill Taverna (Psitopoleio) offering our specialities of the house - Gyro and Souvlaki. Come to enjoy our range of grilled meats served as a snack or a full meal. We also offer vegetarian meals and a range of side dishes. Less than one minute from Xi beach, you can eat in, take food away for the beach or for home dining or simply enjoy a drink or ice cream.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We paid a visit to Antonello's on the second day it had been open this season, travelling by motorbike from Lixouri port. We had previously visited the restaurant last September. Although we didn't eat this time we were made very welcome by Carol who greets everyone in a friendly and upbeat way. It was good to see that even though the season was just beginning in the hour or so we were there there were a steady number of diners which I am sure will increase as the hotels get busier. The menu is great, the food is extremely good and I am sure we will return on our next visit to Kefalonia to sample it again. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank TripAdviserreader

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Cephalonia Palace in Lixouri in June, and decided to eat at Antonello's for a change. The food was lovely and fresh and the place is spotless, best toilets I have ever been to in Greece. Carol is lovely and very interesting, if you get chance have a natter with her.
With lots of places offering all inclusive these independent places need all the support we can give them, or they will be no more and holiday eating will be so dull.
Well done Carol!

Denise and Colin

1  Thank Denise M
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at the Appollonion Hotel nearby on a half board basis and this was our 'go to' place for lunch! The pork souvlaki pita was fantastic, and my husband assures me that the chicken was also very good. The service was fantastic and the value amazing. Whilst it wasn't baking hot whilst we visited it was too warm for our 1 year old to sit in the sun in the midday hours, so Antonello's was fantastic because it is so well shaded and had a lovely breeze.
I couldn't recommend this place enough!

4  Thank Doms-travels
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Having been visiting Greece for the the last 15 years I've had my fair share of Gyros/Souvalaki and can honestly say these are the best I've ever tasted! The massive steaks which we also had one night were cooked to perfection and all at an extremely reasonable price!

1  Thank KWF78
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

It is cheap and has nice souvlaki. It shouldn't be considered as taverna or something similar, since it has souvlaki, salad (higher price than the souvlaki!) potatoes (frozen).