“beautiful comfortable house with 5 star owner, sinead”

Achill Water's Edge
Ranked #7 of 27 Achill Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay in waters edge b and b. I was travelling alone and Sinead made me feel very welcome, not one but 2 pots of tea offered within an hour of my arrival! the room I had was lovely, big comfy bed, spotlessly clean, flat screen tv and en suite with great shower.

Sinead was very informative about local eating places and where to go for an evening stroll.

Breakfast was delicious, made to order, great choice, lovely coffee.

Thanks Sinead, lovely to meet you and a pleasure to stay in your beautiful home

Room Tip: Beautiful view from upstairs room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am delighted that you felt welcomed while staying in Water's Edge. I love recommending things to do to my guests - it's all part of what I believe a visitor to our Island should receive. Thank you again and I hope that you can make a return visit into the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed there for only one night in May 2013. The owner is a very nice host. My room was very clean and apparently brand new. Great breakfast. All in all a very nice place to stay for one night or more.
The only "lower" point is the fact that I was expecting a room with a sea view and got a room on the ground floor with a view on the backyard full of rocks and grass and no view at all which was somewhat disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor if you wish a view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ParisianAgnes

Thank you for your kind response. It is regrettable that you did not ask for a sea view when booking. We would have done our very best to meet your requirements. However, all our rooms have views of the water and the downstairs bedroom has views of the lake and Nephin Beg range to the East. As with any new house, the grounds and gardens will take time to establish and grow, not helped by the salt air from the ocean at the bottom of the back garden. I hope you choose Achill Island and Water's Edge as a holiday choice into the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Easily the nicest B&B we have stayed in in Ireland and I would heartily recommend to anyone who wishes a peaceful break on Achill. The room we stayed in was at the back and was lovely - perfectly clean, comfy bed with crisp linens, flat screen TV, big wardrobe, en-suite with shower. Breakfast was a treat - although we had to order the night before from several tasty choices it was cooked to order. Coffee was very good (unlike many Irish B&Bs where you either get v weak brewed or plunger coffee or instant). We were biking and walking and it was a perfect base to come back to to relax in the evening before heading out for something to eat. Close by (1 mile/ 10-15 min walk) there was an old house/pub (The Valley House) which looked like it was a hostel - good pizza/pasta was available. Also there was a place called Pure Magic nearby (couple miles) which had more choice for food in the evening and was very reasonably priced. As other reviews have stated Sinead, the owner, is a gem - friendly and knowledgeable. This is the B&B others should be using as their standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind review and I very much appreciate that you consider my B&B to be the nicest you have stayed in, in Ireland.

The Great Western Greenway is so popular and so many people now explore Achill Island and all its beauty the best ways, by bicycle and on foot. I'm delighted that my B&B was the perfect base for you to do this.

Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you will consider a return visit to Achill Island and my B&B.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We recently stayed at Waters Edge for two nights in April on beautiful Achill Island. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast. I had read the other reviews and wanted somewhere peaceful and relaxing to stay and this lovely bnb was perfect. It was easy to make our booking and find our way there, Sinead gave us a very warm welcome and was so helpful and professional with everything. The bnb was immaculate and felt like hotel comfort. We had a lovely bedroom with ensuite shower room and the breakfast menu was delicious. I had never been to the West coast of Ireland before and the scenery on Achill Island was very impressive. If you have not been before I would certainly recommend a visit to this part of the world and this fab bnb! Thank you Sinead for our lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found it peaceful and relaxing. I try to ensure all my guests feel at home here. We are blessed with beautiful scenery on Achill Island. I hope you can make a return visit into the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I had always wanted to visit Achill, and finally got the chance to do so with my wife this past winter before attending a family event in Dublin. We stayed at the Water's Edge for two nights in mid December. The stillness and quiet beauty of Achill at that time of year is striking, and Sinead's place is the perfect setting from which to enjoy it all. Her hospitality is genuine, her rooms warm (it was December) and comfortable and her breakfasts wonderful. Sinead filled us in on local history and customs and couldn't have made us feel more at home. I look forward to our next visit with her.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Sean.

Thank you very much for your kind review. I very much appreciate it. I was a pleasure looking after you both and I'm so glad you felt at home here.

Until your next visit, best wishes to you both.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 33 anniversary at the waters edge with sinead and her mom, Mary. We had a wonderful relaxing time and learned so much about our heritage and modern day Ireland, it was the 2nd time with their hospitality and even though we had our kids and their spouses the 1st time and we missed having them, sinead and mary made us feel like we had family with us, It was a great time and they go above and beyond.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Water's Edge was my last stop on my Irish adventure, and what a way to end such an amazing trip! Not only was everything decorated beautifully, it was the most comfortable place I had landed. Sinead went above and beyond any expectation, nothing was a bother...she made sure I was as comfortable as possible. I just can't say enough good things about Water's Edge...a very good home away from home. Thanks Sinead! I will be back :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo