“Sinead is the best!!”

Ranked #7 of 27 Achill Island B&B and Inns
CHICAGO
“Sinead is the best!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a great place, and a great host! Sinead's B&B overlooks (out front|) a lake, the ocean, and mountains. Out back. Klew Bay (ocean again) and more mountains. The rooms are clean and in great shape. Sinead's breakfasts are delicious, her advice and knowledge of the island priceless. We are coming back again!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tomdurk
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I very much appreciate your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything, including the views! It was a pleasure looking after you. I'm fortunate to have those views to wake up to everyday. Delighted that you are planning a return visit - don't leave it too long!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
dublin
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Wonderful house and location. Warm welcome from Sinead. Room was spotless, spacious and very comfortable. Great nights sleep in this remote part of the island. Fabulous breakfast and lovely cup of tea arrival.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you were happy with everything. The Valley is a beautifully scenic, unspoiled part of Achill Island. Beautiful lakes, picturesque walks, remote beaches can be enjoyed by our visitors and feel as though they have the place to themselves. Thank you again and I hope that you can visit again soon.
county mayo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay in waters edge b and b. I was travelling alone and Sinead made me feel very welcome, not one but 2 pots of tea offered within an hour of my arrival! the room I had was lovely, big comfy bed, spotlessly clean, flat screen tv and en suite with great shower.

Sinead was very informative about local eating places and where to go for an evening stroll.

Breakfast was delicious, made to order, great choice, lovely coffee.

Thanks Sinead, lovely to meet you and a pleasure to stay in your beautiful home

Room Tip: Beautiful view from upstairs room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am delighted that you felt welcomed while staying in Water's Edge. I love recommending things to do to my guests - it's all part of what I believe a visitor to our Island should receive. Thank you again and I hope that you can make a return visit into the future.
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed there for only one night in May 2013. The owner is a very nice host. My room was very clean and apparently brand new. Great breakfast. All in all a very nice place to stay for one night or more.
The only "lower" point is the fact that I was expecting a room with a sea view and got a room on the ground floor with a view on the backyard full of rocks and grass and no view at all which was somewhat disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor if you wish a view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ParisianAgnes
Thank you for your kind response. It is regrettable that you did not ask for a sea view when booking. We would have done our very best to meet your requirements. However, all our rooms have views of the water and the downstairs bedroom has views of the lake and Nephin Beg range to the East. As with any new house, the grounds and gardens will take time to establish and grow, not helped by the salt air from the ocean at the bottom of the back garden. I hope you choose Achill Island and Water's Edge as a holiday choice into the future.
Leitrim
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Easily the nicest B&B we have stayed in in Ireland and I would heartily recommend to anyone who wishes a peaceful break on Achill. The room we stayed in was at the back and was lovely - perfectly clean, comfy bed with crisp linens, flat screen TV, big wardrobe, en-suite with shower. Breakfast was a treat - although we had to order the night before from several tasty choices it was cooked to order. Coffee was very good (unlike many Irish B&Bs where you either get v weak brewed or plunger coffee or instant). We were biking and walking and it was a perfect base to come back to to relax in the evening before heading out for something to eat. Close by (1 mile/ 10-15 min walk) there was an old house/pub (The Valley House) which looked like it was a hostel - good pizza/pasta was available. Also there was a place called Pure Magic nearby (couple miles) which had more choice for food in the evening and was very reasonably priced. As other reviews have stated Sinead, the owner, is a gem - friendly and knowledgeable. This is the B&B others should be using as their standard.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review and I very much appreciate that you consider my B&B to be the nicest you have stayed in, in Ireland.

The Great Western Greenway is so popular and so many people now explore Achill Island and all its beauty the best ways, by bicycle and on foot. I'm delighted that my B&B was the perfect base for you to do this.

Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you will consider a return visit to Achill Island and my B&B.

Best Regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We recently stayed at Waters Edge for two nights in April on beautiful Achill Island. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast. I had read the other reviews and wanted somewhere peaceful and relaxing to stay and this lovely bnb was perfect. It was easy to make our booking and find our way there, Sinead gave us a very warm welcome and was so helpful and professional with everything. The bnb was immaculate and felt like hotel comfort. We had a lovely bedroom with ensuite shower room and the breakfast menu was delicious. I had never been to the West coast of Ireland before and the scenery on Achill Island was very impressive. If you have not been before I would certainly recommend a visit to this part of the world and this fab bnb! Thank you Sinead for our lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found it peaceful and relaxing. I try to ensure all my guests feel at home here. We are blessed with beautiful scenery on Achill Island. I hope you can make a return visit into the future.

Best Regards,

New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I had always wanted to visit Achill, and finally got the chance to do so with my wife this past winter before attending a family event in Dublin. We stayed at the Water's Edge for two nights in mid December. The stillness and quiet beauty of Achill at that time of year is striking, and Sinead's place is the perfect setting from which to enjoy it all. Her hospitality is genuine, her rooms warm (it was December) and comfortable and her breakfasts wonderful. Sinead filled us in on local history and customs and couldn't have made us feel more at home. I look forward to our next visit with her.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Dear Sean.

Thank you very much for your kind review. I very much appreciate it. I was a pleasure looking after you both and I'm so glad you felt at home here.

Until your next visit, best wishes to you both.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Achill Island
#1 of 5 in Mulranny
Bleanaskill Lodge
Bleanaskill Lodge
#12 of 27 in Achill Island

Been to Achill Water's Edge? Share your experiences!