Achill Water's Edge
Ranked #6 of 27 Achill Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I would definately recommend this B&B!
It was clean, modern and very comfortable. Sinead the owner was very welcoming and makes a great breakfast.
I have stayed in various B&B's in Achill and this was by far the best. We had a see view -even in the bathroom! And our room was spotless and the bed very comfortable.
Achill is a great place to visit and I will certainly stay at Water's Edge next time.

2  Thank WhoDeeney
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thanks a million for your kind comments and delighted that you consider my B&B the best you have stayed in on Achill Island - I really appreciate that. Hopefully, you will make it back for a visit again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Sinead's warmth and attention to detail cultivates an extraordinary sense of well-being that makes for the perfect holiday experience. Her B&B is a new construction (2008) with modern amenities and a contemporary style in furnishings. Water's Edge is beautifully situated on the northern edge of the island. It is off the beaten track, a great place to relax. Sinead emailed us great directions and the signage made it simple to find her place. We walked to an uncrowded beach and to a historic estate that is now a hostel/pub to use the free internet. And her breakfast is hands down the best I've had in Ireland.

3  Thank janie99

I cannot thank you enough for writing such a kind review and I think your subject field sums up what I hope all my guests feel while staying here. I am constantly making small changes so that I can offer the very best experience for all of my guests. I am so delighted you enjoyed everything while you were here and I hope you can return again into the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a great place, and a great host! Sinead's B&B overlooks (out front|) a lake, the ocean, and mountains. Out back. Klew Bay (ocean again) and more mountains. The rooms are clean and in great shape. Sinead's breakfasts are delicious, her advice and knowledge of the island priceless. We are coming back again!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, but all the rooms are great.
3  Thank tomdurk

I very much appreciate your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything, including the views! It was a pleasure looking after you. I'm fortunate to have those views to wake up to everyday. Delighted that you are planning a return visit - don't leave it too long!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Wonderful house and location. Warm welcome from Sinead. Room was spotless, spacious and very comfortable. Great nights sleep in this remote part of the island. Fabulous breakfast and lovely cup of tea arrival.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you were happy with everything. The Valley is a beautifully scenic, unspoiled part of Achill Island. Beautiful lakes, picturesque walks, remote beaches can be enjoyed by our visitors and feel as though they have the place to themselves. Thank you again and I hope that you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay in waters edge b and b. I was travelling alone and Sinead made me feel very welcome, not one but 2 pots of tea offered within an hour of my arrival! the room I had was lovely, big comfy bed, spotlessly clean, flat screen tv and en suite with great shower.

Sinead was very informative about local eating places and where to go for an evening stroll.

Breakfast was delicious, made to order, great choice, lovely coffee.

Thanks Sinead, lovely to meet you and a pleasure to stay in your beautiful home

Room Tip: Beautiful view from upstairs room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am delighted that you felt welcomed while staying in Water's Edge. I love recommending things to do to my guests - it's all part of what I believe a visitor to our Island should receive. Thank you again and I hope that you can make a return visit into the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed there for only one night in May 2013. The owner is a very nice host. My room was very clean and apparently brand new. Great breakfast. All in all a very nice place to stay for one night or more.
The only "lower" point is the fact that I was expecting a room with a sea view and got a room on the ground floor with a view on the backyard full of rocks and grass and no view at all which was somewhat disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor if you wish a view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ParisianAgnes

Thank you for your kind response. It is regrettable that you did not ask for a sea view when booking. We would have done our very best to meet your requirements. However, all our rooms have views of the water and the downstairs bedroom has views of the lake and Nephin Beg range to the East. As with any new house, the grounds and gardens will take time to establish and grow, not helped by the salt air from the ocean at the bottom of the back garden. I hope you choose Achill Island and Water's Edge as a holiday choice into the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Easily the nicest B&B we have stayed in in Ireland and I would heartily recommend to anyone who wishes a peaceful break on Achill. The room we stayed in was at the back and was lovely - perfectly clean, comfy bed with crisp linens, flat screen TV, big wardrobe, en-suite with shower. Breakfast was a treat - although we had to order the night before from several tasty choices it was cooked to order. Coffee was very good (unlike many Irish B&Bs where you either get v weak brewed or plunger coffee or instant). We were biking and walking and it was a perfect base to come back to to relax in the evening before heading out for something to eat. Close by (1 mile/ 10-15 min walk) there was an old house/pub (The Valley House) which looked like it was a hostel - good pizza/pasta was available. Also there was a place called Pure Magic nearby (couple miles) which had more choice for food in the evening and was very reasonably priced. As other reviews have stated Sinead, the owner, is a gem - friendly and knowledgeable. This is the B&B others should be using as their standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
islandlifeIreland, Owner at Achill Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind review and I very much appreciate that you consider my B&B to be the nicest you have stayed in, in Ireland.

The Great Western Greenway is so popular and so many people now explore Achill Island and all its beauty the best ways, by bicycle and on foot. I'm delighted that my B&B was the perfect base for you to do this.

Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope you will consider a return visit to Achill Island and my B&B.

Best Regards,