“Best for business”

Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Stezzano
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the superior room for one night in one of my business trips to Bergamo. The superior rooms are in the renovated side of the hotel. The room was perfect for the business stays. The hotel is clean, new, fastest checkin ever, free wifi in the room (not the best speed). The breakfest was much better then the standard European budget hotels and it was only 10€ (there is a shopping center close but for this price it is the best breakfast you can find in that area). It is around 10 min to the airport and the Bergamo city center by car. If the price level stays the same I'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Seyahatnasihat
Direzione8894, Direttore at Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

GM Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto

Reviewed 9 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Farrocious
Direzione8894, Direttore at Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a very pleasant stay, but it is essential to have one's own means of transport as there is absolutely nothing in the immediate and broader vicinity. Our business was in Bergamo, in exchange for an extra 15 minutes drive each way we received excellent value. Far better rooms than the downtown hotels, for half the price. It may even be a good option for Milano as it is right beside the motorway junction, and Milano hotels can get very pricey, especially if there is a major event in town.

However this hotel is strictly NOT recommended for anyone without a car, and as other posters said, it is not really an airport hotel either.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms face the motorway, but the sound-proofing is excellent so it makes little differ...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to inform about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

General manager
Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean and with good services however it is not near the airport and although there is a hotel shuttle, it is not complimentary.
Because of the location, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank gb110863
Direzione8894, Direttore at Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am really sorry about your words regarding our location. as it really takes not more than ten minutes to get to the airport from our hotel.

Hoping to welcoming you back againg at one of the Mercure hotels.

My best regards

GM Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is very loosely called the Airport Hotel-about 8km away! But once found, this is a good quality hotel. Clean, comfortable and friendly.
Good shopping centre nearby with plenty
of food options.
The area in general is an 'industrial estate' which leaves little to do outside the confines of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Direzione8894, Direttore at Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

we do thank you for having written about your experience in our hotel.
We are really sorry about the problems regarding our location.
As written the hotel is at 7 km. from the airport but in max 15 min. you are there.

We do hope to have the pleasure to host you again in the near future in one of the Mercure Hotels.

My Best Regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

When I booked this hotel I should have looked closer at the travel instructions! It does say 15 mins by car from the airport! For a late arrival and early departure, with the need to sort taxis etc., this takes nearly an hour off sleep time!
In fairness the hotel was ok, room clean and basic comforts. It was a little noisy though from the road nearby.
Breakfast buffet was pretty good.
Please can hotels only call themselves airport hotels if they operate a free shuttle?

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Direzione8894, Direttore at Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I do thank you for taking the time to inform about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

I am really sorry about the misunderstanding regarding our location. As you have correctly reported we are at 12-15 min. max far from the airport.

Our service is always granted if booked in advance, at a rate which is cheaper compared to the taxi fare.

Our rates that, especially in these periods are very low don't allow to include even the shuttle-service free of charge.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Yes... as I mention in the title of this review, when reading this hotel's name, you would expect it to be relatively close to the Orio Airport... however, it is not. So, if you are booking this hotel, bear in mind the following points:

1 - Taxi from the airport to the hotel = EURO. 30,00 - 15 minutes
2 - Airport shuttle is offered by the hotel, but is not always available, like the day I stayed there. Cost: EURO. 15,00
3 - There is no bar or restaurant within walking distance, so they will call a taxi for you, but this also costs about EURO.30,00... because the taxi's charge you for their trip TO the hotel, and even if you want to go to the nearest restaurant (2 km from the hotel)... it still costs EURO. 30,00.

So, if you are in a car, this is perfect... but if you are staying only one night, like I did... it is painful to pay for everything - even for a short distance.

Having said that, let's look at the hotel itself:

POSITIVE POINTS:
Relatively small room, but immaculately clean, and comfortable, as is the bathroom. I liked the fact that the aircon worked to perfection, and was so quiet. Even though the hotel is on a busy highway, the room is sound-proof, and lets you have an excellent rest. I slept perfectly. The tea offered in the room is great, and everything worked to perfection.

The staff is amazing, and really go out of their way to help you. They are fair and honest in informing you about the costs of travelling around, and do not mislead you in any way with this info.

The public areas are well maintained, and everywhere you look, the hotel is perfectly clean and excellently maintained.

The gym is reasonably well equipped, and good for an hour of running and general basic workout.

Although I did not use it, there is ample parking space.

Breakfast is basic, but reasonable. Nothing to write home about, but very reasonable at an extra cost.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
Besides the misleading title to the hotel, there are a couple of points worth mentioning.

There are two options for internet - FREE all over the hotel, but painfully slow. I mean... PAINFULLY SLOW!!! and very irregular. There is a paid option (expensive), which I really do not understand. Why do hotels charge for something that these days is so common.

I was there yesterday - Sunday - and as there are no good dining options walking distance, I decided to have dinner in the hotel. To my unplesant surprise, the restaurant does not work on the week-end (from Friday to Sunday). All I was offered was a very basic and very limited range of Pannini's. Not bad, I must admit... but really sad that customers do not have chance to dine decently.

Lastly, I would mention that the prices in the bar in the hotel are quite steep. I know that they have no competition around... yet I did not expect such high prices for the drinks.

SUMMING UP:
This is NOT an airport hotel, and unless you have a car... choose better options if you are only staying the night. The hotel price is relatively cheap, that is a fact... but if you start adding up the expenses on getting to the hotel, and everything else... it actually works out cheaper staying in a more expensive hotel... REALLY closer to the airport or in the town center.

For a ONE night stay, leaving to the airport without a car... I would NOT stay in this hotel again.

AIRPORT HOTEL??? - not by any stretch of imagination, I am sad to say.
You are better off paying more, but staying in the center of Bergamo. At least you will save on transport costs, and you will have options to go out, and cheaper taxi's.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Trave1Bandit
Direzione8894, Direttore at Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I do want to thank you for taking the time to inform about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

Regarding the title of your review, I am really sorry about the misunderstanding regarding our location.

We are located at 8,3 km from the Airport Orio al Serio BGY and in 10 min. with normal traffic you reach it. This is perfectly visible not only through our site but if you look at Google maps site which I don't think has the policy to mislead people.

The average price of our rooms is normally 30% less than the hotels much closer to the airport right for the disadvantage ot the trip, and this in spite the fact that we are a Chain hotel ...

Within 10 km. is normal to call it an airport hotel. There are several examples not only in our town but also in several other Countries.

We have actually two restaurants in the nearby. One in the business center just beside our hotel and the other at 1 km. near the Church "Il Santuario".

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Mercure hotels

My best regards

Antonio Manzerra

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stezzano
Art & Hotel
#1 of 1 in Azzano San Paolo
Art & Hotel Treviolo
Art & Hotel Treviolo
#1 of 1 in Treviolo

Been to Hotel Mercure Bergamo Aeroporto? Share your experiences!