All reviews orange juice francesca wifi km hospitality lecce
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This was our second time staying at La Naca Della Taranta and we came again because of the truly beautiful accommodations and the warmth and kindness of our hosts. We stayed for a week and it was very helpful to be able to shop locally and cook in a clean and well-equipped kitchen. Galatina was also centrally-located in order for us to take day trips in the Salento. Our hosts were helpful in recommending transportation and restaurants - and we especially loved the time they took to talk to us about the culture of the region, their life in Galatina, and their wonderful (and adorable!) family at breakfast each morning. Being there over the holidays, they welcomed us as if we were coming home. We highly recommend Andrea and Francesca's B&B and we will return again soon!

Room Tip: The matrimoniale rosa was very warm and comfortable in winter and we loved cooking in the adjoining kitchen.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Mariafrancesca222012, Proprietario at La Naca Della Taranta B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks for the review. Hosting and chatting with you is always a pleasure. We hope to have you again our guests and to introduce you to the beautiful sea of Salento.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Everything was amazing, i really enjoyed my stay there.Galatina is outstanding Room and bed was very comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. The owners are very friendly and special thank to Francesca for her hospitality.Hope to visit this place again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Mariafrancesca222012, Proprietario at La Naca Della Taranta B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thanks for your review. I am happy that the holiday is beautiful. I hope to have you again my guest.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I very seldom write reviews but this time I feel the place truly deserves it: I was in town for a conference and I immediately felt at home thanks to Francesca and her beautiful B&B! Naca della Taranta is very central, my tastefully decorated room was extremely spacious (as a matter of fact it was a two rooms apartment - I was upgraded to the suite for free since it wasn't occupied), with very high ceilings, beautiful original floor, A/C, extremely good wifi (possibly the best I ever had in Italy) and a wonderful private terrace. The breakfast was really great - caffe, cappuccino, orange juice, cornetti, fruit - and was served outdoor.
The best part of it, however, must be Francesca, she truly embodies the southern italian hospitality! Just to give you an example, she let me check out at 5pm since my train was departing in the afternoon and she even offered me to drive me to the station in Lecce (30 km away), wow! More generally, she was very discrete but at the same time very attentive and eager to answer all of my questions about Galatina and Salento. It felt like talking to a good friend. I will definitely come back to the Naca next time in Galatina - I would even consider coming only for the B&B.. Highly, highly recommended!

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms but I would assume they are all equally beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Mariafrancesca222012, Proprietario at La Naca Della Taranta B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, knowing that making you feel comfortable is the best compliment you can make me. for me it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you can come back to our b&b.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Yes, with excellence mention, becase 5/5 is not enough. And not because I want to exaggerate... let alone the fact that Galatina is located in the center of Salento, so that from there you can reach pretty much anything, in any direction, in less than one hour... and let alone also the fact that Galatina itself is a very cute little city, with buildings of typical architecture, in warm yellow stones... the B&B Naca della Taranta is located inside one such typical building, with vaults in the ceiling and the rooms decorated with objects of everyday life of some decades ago in Salento: you get in and do not have the impression you are getting in a B&B but in the house of the family of a friend who's hosting you there for a while. At least until October, breakfast is served outdoor, on a terrace, itself embellishes with some hand-carved stones (a sink, a bench, and part of the wall): orange juice hand-squeezed freshly made, pastries warm, milk heated also by hand in a little pot, and if you like your breakfast served with tales of old Salento customs, forecast about how the weather will be that day, suggestions for places to see and things to eat, then Andrea and Francesca, the owners, will be there with you, just because staying in the house of the family of a friend may not be enough unless you also feel at home. The moment you realize this may be quite enough, you may be so stupid as to forget your keys inside the car, obviously locked... as it happened to us I did, and when it was time to call assistance, Andrea and Francesca let us use their home-phone (because mine was of course comfortably locked inside the car), let us stay in the already-paid room for "as long as it takes", and since that was not sufficient they also offered to drive us to the nearby city of Lecce 30 km away in case of need. Of course that, too, was not the whole story, since later in the evening, Andrea called me in order to ensure that all got solved, asking whether there might have been anything else he could do for us. So, if you are a tourist and want to see Salento in total comfort then Naca della Taranta is indeed a mere 5/5, but if you are a traveller and your aim is not only to be in a place but also to live it, being embedded in typical things, discovering customs, and above all feeling at home, then Naca della Taranta deserves the excellence mention.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank LucaEMarie
Reviewed 12 October 2014

In late September and early October 2014 my wife (58) and I (64) took an 8-day vacation in Puglia, moving from one place to the next in our rented car. We traveled with a 20kg suitcase and two rolling carry-ons. We made hotel, B&B and restaurant reservations well ahead of time, based mainly on reviews in TripAdvisor (but also in other sites). We were looking for proper accommodation, not necessarily budget accommodation. We thought the Naca Della Taranta was such a place. How did we find it in reality, in our 2-nights stay?

Location: not great but still OK – on a dreary street 300m from the old town.
Car park: Not an issue – that's one advantage of being a bit off-center…

Access: 25 stairs leading to our room on the 2nd floor. Not much fun with our luggage, but not a big deal either.

Room size: quite spacious in all dimensions (4m ceiling!).

Cleanliness: very good.

Room furniture: A fine chest of drawers, night cabinets, and a somewhat uncomfortable wooden love seat (which we used for luggage).

Mattress, blankets, pillows, sheets: ok, though pillows were a bit on the firm side.

Heating / cooling: we never got to testing these.

View: a dreary street.

Light: insufficient. Curtains had to be moved aside and shutters opened, to let some light in (during day time).

Noise level: that was a problem. Double-glazing was not useful on the old wooden window, and didn't block street noise. Worse still, the guests next door (literally, due to a connecting door) could be heard clearly. And vice versa, I suppose.

Shower size, water flow & temperature, towels: small shower, otherwise ok.

Amenities: ok.

Check-in times: we arrived around 5pm and the place was closed. We rang the bell and knocked on the door for a good 10 minutes before Andrea, the owner, showed up.

Wifi: good signal.

TV: zillion stations, we didn't find any in English.

Breakfast: modest. Croissants on Sunday were not fresh, and there were no rolls. Things got better on Monday – but we nevertheless decided to switch from coffee to tea.

Kindness of the host: Andrea, the owner, was exceptionally nice. We had a lovely conversation about the house, about him and his family, about us. He tried to help us as much as possible.(Plus 1 star.)

Overall: Considering the modest price and the fine hospitality, this is not a bad choice for Galatina. But be aware that at this time it gears more toward budget-conscious travelers.

Points for improvement: (1) Post a sign on the entrance door to advise guests what to do if the host to does not answer quickly. (2) Add lights to the room. (3) Put a heavy curtain on both sides of the door connecting the two rooms. (4) Consider adding TV channels such as CNN/BBC/Eurosport (in English).

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple