There is an air of faded glory about this hotel...but don't let that put you off.
I stayed here while on a visit to see my husband who is in Italy long-term for work related reasons. In fact, pretty much the entire hotel is booked out for him and his colleagues.
It's fair to say it is not geared up for the British tourist, however the staff were unfailingly friendly and welcoming during my four-night stay - even wishing me a happy birthday in faltering English on my last day.
We stayed in an apartment. They are not luxurious or, in my opinion, worthy of the hotel's four-star rating, however it was comfortable and fine as a base from which to explore.
The daily breakfasts weren't the best I've ever had, however that is probably partly because the hotel is offering breakfast from about 5.30am-11am, to cater for the working patterns of its British guests.
The private beach was just glorious! Clean toilets, beautiful clean sand, warm blue sea and attentive staff. It's just a shame it's a 3.5km walk from the hotel! I wouldn't want to walk that in the height of summer, however it was fine making the trip in an air conditioned work wagon.
All in all I had a great time enjoying the large pool, accommodating pool bar staff and the surrounding sights (of Americano's bar, Kapitolo Klub, many local pizzerias and the glorious countryside and weather). I just pity the poor Italians who might have booked a luxury break and arrived to find the hotel full of British servicemen!
PS Don't forget your phrasebook, not many speak English...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the coast of Monopoli loc . Capitolo , in the beautiful Riviera dei Trulli , between coves, pebbled areas and long stretches of sand , the village is in a large pine forest of 23 hectares , enriched by green area that make it an ideal place for a relaxing holiday ,with first class services.There are also opportunities for fun and entertainment with active animation team . A few kilometers away , the center of Monopoli is a strategic starting point for wonderful excursions to Fasano , Castellana Caves , Alberobello , Ostuni , Martina Franca , all locations can be easily reached in half an hour. Bari Airport is 50 km, 60 km Brindisi and Monopoli Train Station 6 km . A14 - exit Bari 50 km . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Porto Giardino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aw Porto Giardino Village Hotel Monopoli
- Villaggio Porto Giardino Monopoli
- Porto Giardino Resort Monopoli, Italy - Puglia