“Perfect place, perfect food, perfect service”
Review of VILLA DI CHIESA

VILLA DI CHIESA
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Iglesias
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We discovered this place by chance, while walking in Iglesias. This place is proof that taking chances is worth it. It is a really nice place with outdoor tables in a Piazza, quiet and charming and the food here was so good I could not believe it. I highly recommend trying the shrimp grilled or with cognac cream. Their appetizers are made exclusively with fresh fish; we had the octopus and loved it. The service is excellent, unlike other places, they truly care that the customer is happy and enjoying their evening. Regarding price I would say that they have a very very acceptable price, given their overall quality; I would think that a place like this would be far more expensive. This is definitely a place to visit while in Sardinia.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A lovely restaurant on the same square as the town hall and cathedral. More sophisticated than the other restaurants we used but the food was very tasty and beautifully served.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We chose seafood anti pasti for 2 and ended up with 8 different and delightful cold dishes. Enough really for a meal in itself. The main course was superb (mushroom risotto), generous portions and served with perfect timing, not too fast or slow. Service was attentive. Restaurant is in the old town, well laid out & perfect for a relaxing & quiet evening.It cost a little more than other restaurants we've visited but quality etc well worth the extra.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

The restaurant scene in old town (centro storico) of Iglesias is somewhat lacking. Villa di Chiesa is among the best ones I visited. They serve good pizza with a long list of pizzas to select from and also "regular" Italian food, ie. not just a pizzeria.

I really liked the Bresaola with lemon and cheese (pecorino?) on the antipasti -section. One word of caution: the portions are not small! I tried to eat trough 3-course dinner (Antipasti, primi, secondi) but was unable to! The bresaola portion was quite generous, the pasta was also quite big. Even though I tactically left 1/3 of the pasta untouched, I could not finnish all of the pesce spada portion I had as my secondi piatti. They all were delicious.

If you want to go trough 3-course dinner, _share_ the antipasti with 2 or 3 persons.
I also recommend Creme Catalan listed on the dolci section.

Some waiters speak quite much English, credit cards accepted.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I spent a couple of hours in Iglesias on a business trip and I was taken to this excellent restaurant. We had two wonderful pasta dishes ( caserecce with wild asparagus and baby clams and green tagliatelle with artichokes and guanciale), tagliata with rucola and first class frittura di pesce. It was all washed down with lots of good red wine (local).
We had room for Seadas with honey as pudding served with a nice generous drop of home made (made by the owner's mother) Mirto. I was so pleased and satisfied! When you are in this part of the world, you must go!

1  Thank Korab09