We booked through RCI and paid 2 lots of booking fees as we were staying for 2 weeks and the resort only books in one week units. That was a bit steep but we decided to proceed with the booking anyway.
We arrived late at night and paid 49 euro per person per week as a mandatory charge. We had been told that there was a charge at the time of booking, but did not know exactly what it included. It transpired that this charge was for the use of wifi, access to the swimming pool and children's entertainment and a shuttle service to town. What a rip off. Have you ever heard of being charged to use a hotel pool when you are staying there? Well that's what happens when you are a resident and not a guest at the hotel. You are a second rate citizen. We were told by RCI that there was a charge but never thought we would be paying for items normally included, such as the right to sit by the pool or even jump in for a dip!. And as for the wifi - I think it pre dated the Romans ......
The shuttle service was the only thing of use, but that stopped early in the evening so evening meals were at the mercy of the resort - overpriced - or made in the impossibly designed partial kitchen.
Both apartments we were given were damp and smelly. Yes - we had to move half way through our stay. The kitchen area was a joke. It certainly lived up to its description of a partial kitchen. We went to bed dehydrated on the first night because we had no provisions and everything was closed by the time we were checked in, wearing our hospital style arm band which I later discovered highlighted our lowly status as a resident and not a guest.
The whole resort was very tired - lots of peeling plaster falling from walls and ceilings and dirty antiquated fridges in the kitchen. The grounds were untidy but were being worked on while we were there.
You can only use the pool when there is a life guard on duty. The poor girl had no authority and kids ran rings round her while bombing in the pool. No chance of a quiet swim. Hire of beach towels was also a rip off. White apartment towels are not allowed pool side so we hired 2 thin and worn rags for 10.50 a week + 15 deposit each (51 euro)! We then discovered that no one follows the rule anyway.
The food we purchased at the resort was not the greatest. We used the shuttle service to town and ate there or bought food at the supermarket. A fruit seller calls every day at the resort and he has amazing local produce for sale. Listen out for him calling over his tannoy. Another chap calls daily selling cheeses. Also worth a look!
Beware the 30 euro cost for cleaning the apartment when you check out. Cheaper to buy cleaning stuff and do it yourself. Potentially we could have had a 60 euro bill as we stayed in 2 units.
Don't expect to see room service either. As a resident all you get is one set of bedding, towels and loo rolls for the week. You can of course have "room service" at a cost.....
On a positive note the staff were lovely - despite the language barrier - they did their best to be pleasant and polite at all times. However, they were very busy with their corporate clients / guests who were staying; we were not a priority.
We asked several times to see the RCI rep and were told when he was coming. On the big day we were told, "No one is coming", so never saw the rep to explain our concerns. I wonder if RCI know what a raw deal their customers are getting?
San Teodoro is a lovely town and the supermarket on the Via Sardegna is full of all the essentials and good value for money. Well worth a trip in the shuttle car to stock up on provisions, rather than the on site shop which is limited and expensive.
The beaches nearby are lovely - each very different and well worth exploring. The shuttle will take you to La Cinta and other beaches can be reached on foot from the resort.
If you want to explore the island you really do need a car. There is a local hire firm on the Via Sardegna which is cheaper than booking through hotel reception. Ask at the tourist office for details. We paid 135 euros for a small car for 3 days. The hotel quoted 150.
A word of warning - taxi fares from the airport to the hotel are 70 euros. We arrived late at night when buses had stopped, but returned to the airport at the end of holidays for 3.5 euros each. and it took about the same length of time as the taxi!
We will return to the island as we loved Sardinia but we will look for a better resort than this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Residence Liscia Eldi, is a beautifully located holiday resort between the hills and sea on the north eastern coast of Sardinia. At only 200 meters from the sea and less than 1 km from the center of San Teodoro, the Resort is 30 km from the port and International airport of Olbia and 30 km from the port of Golfo Aranci. The property hosts typical Sardinian style villas which are nicely distributed on a lush green garden. 128 residence apartments of different sizes with the possibility to buy half or full board meal packages directly upon arrival. In the Resort there is a lot of spaces for practising sports, relax and fun. Sport tournaments are regularly organized by the animation team; it is possible to listen to good music and children can participate to the daily games as well as to the baby dance before the start of the evening shows together with the entertainment staff. The Isuledda beach is reachable by foot in about 7 min or it’s possible to take the free shuttle that goes to La Cinta beach (day service) or to San Teodoro at about 1 km (evening service). Hotel & Residence Liscia Eldi is pleased to offer you the following services: •Ample outdoor parking (unguarded) •FREE shuttle service to the famous ‘La Cinta’ beach during the day and to San Teodoro during the evening (at fixed hours) •FREE Wi-Fi throughout the garden and pool areas •Medical assistance (at fixed hours) •Conference room (90 pax) •Entertainment during the day and the evening with sport tournaments, fitness, water gym, games, dances. •Gaming area with Nintendo consoles, table football, ping pong •Sport Area with soccer, basket, tennis and volley fields and boules court •Game Area with Mini club and big playground in the garden area •Pet Area, the Resort is accessible to animals (small/medium size animals - max 15kg - on request) •Beauty Center with massage service, facial treatments, waxing, manicure/pedicure… •Photographer •Excursion Office •Laundromat service •Hairdresser for men & women ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Residence Liscia Eldi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liscia Eldi Hotel San Teodoro
- Hotel & Residence Liscia Eldi San Teodoro, Sardinia