“A little more upmarket and great”
Review of Il Giardinaccio

Il Giardinaccio
Ranked #3 of 117 Restaurants in San Teodoro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went here one night as it was close to our hotel. We had no idea what it would be and expected yet another pizzeria. But it's not. It's a slightly more upmarket restaurant with more refined food and service but that said it was still reasonably priced and the service excellent. The food was excellent (we had the chef's starter selection, fried shrimp and calamari and tuna steak) and our waiter recommended a well priced local wine. All in all, very good and definitely worth a try. Was absolutely packed, mostly with reservations rather than walk-ins like us and we considered ourselves lucky to get a table by the end.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent , the service was very kind , super attentive , ant the prices are decent .

BEST Tiramisu I've had in my life !

Highly recommended!

1  Thank MissLala0206
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have almost finished our two week stay and decided after the first meal on our first day in San Teodoro that we would have our last meal in Sardinia here. Clearly we couldn't wait as we have been here three times and I'm so looking forward to tomorrow! We tried other restaurants and haven't found one that gives such courteous service, perfectly cooked food, whether seared tuna, baked sea bass or fillet steak with myrtle sauce. It isn't in the centre of San Teodoro but is only 5 - minutes from the bus stop over the bridge on the left. Last night we had mussels between us as a starter and baked sea bass for two with potatoes, tomatoes and olives, beautifully filleted and served at the table- both dishes were delicious and plentiful. The wine was excellent value and my partner had tiramisu and espresso coffee at under €80 including service charge, water and a sense of feeling special. The restaurant on each occasion has lots of customers who are clearly regulars as evidenced by the relationship between the staff and customers. You don't need to pay a lot as the pizzas looked good and were priced in line with the rest of the pizzerias in the town. If you want to be spoiled, please try this restaurant and enjoy the superb food and ambience.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

after all traditional xmas food I had a urge for something real, genuine and sardinian; and I had it in giardinaccio. it was not my first visit, but the first time I ordered only traditional sardinian dishes. to start with sardinian prosciutto crudo, mushrooms, cheese spread on guttiau bread (which you just can't stop eating), then a plate of culurgiones which normally are served with fresh tomatoe-sauce but kindly chef prepared them for me with canned tomatoesauce as I felt was more suitable for wintertime. on the top of everything a seadas with honey. sincerly the best I ever had in sardinia. the owner knows well sardinian wines ecc. and he knows how to combine them with dishes and how to create perfect contrasts.

1  Thank evephunk
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We read loads of positive reviews while we were staying in Budoni. The food is not bad, but the dish I had - San Pietro fish - was coming straight from the microwave. Fun fact: If you ask for the wifi password, you'd better wish that the son of the owner is at the restaurant because he's the only one that knows it.