“Pasta & Basta!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place was recommended by our hotel as a favourite! It was a hot June night and the Terra's looked great when we arrived. We were one of the first guest and before we could sit, the waiter almost ordered us to follow him inside to " pick the fish". Inside, you indeed see sweating chefs and a few fish( I guess we were on a unsuccessfully catch day). Since there was not much choice, I ordered one pasta( all spaghetti) and one house specialty( seafood boiled and then served in a lemon sauce). The house specialty was not very successful and the shrimps wee not cooled back which means they became a bit chewy. This was also the same for the calamari. The sauce I found a bit too acidic, but this might be a matter of taste. The spaghetti surprisingly was excellent! Large portion and in a great sauce.. The mains were grilled sea bass and although it had a nice charcoal grill taste, it was unfortunately grilled to death and almost no juices left.. Either we were unlucky or this place is slightly overrated for killing perfect ingredients which most European chefs would cry for.. If I were you, I would stick here to the great seafood spaghetti and order a nice bottle of white and enjoy the view!

2  Thank BAY-GASTRO

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

During my trips in Sicily, i've got familiarized with the sicilian cousine. Tried a lot of places...from Trappani, Palermo to Catania...but this small place, called La Grotta is one in a life time. I was complettely surprized by the location..only 12 tables inside. The people here r happy to meet u...they really are. U r entering the restaurant true the kitchen..just in time to see the fresh seafood and fish, waiting to be chosen... the insalata de mare is great... i also tasted the pasta con ciccada....wow.. The fish in the grill was perfect done. Not to forget the excellent Sicilian white dry wine....
It's a little bit expensive, but every cent u spend here is worthy! By sure..i will be back..

2  Thank BConstanta
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room is special and beautiful, and the fish is very good. But the food is quite simple and expensive.

2  Thank AlfBrero
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our hotel recommended to us this little place and I don;t think we would have found it if we were not sent to it.

And we cannot thank them enough for their recommendation.

Simple place with welcoming people and great great great Sicilian/Italian Food.

When they say Fresh fish and sea food, the really mean it.

We had 3 meals at this place so I think we must of tried everything. Fish, shrimps, squid, appetizers, pasta with sea food.

Prices are excellent and service is even better

2  Thank Stella D
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I ordered sea food platter and seabass for lunch time. They were caught just on the morning on that day, and, especially, sea food platter was unbelievably tasty and fresh. The cost was approx 7 to 12 Euro per plate and the performance on cost was very high. Strongly recommended!!
The difficulty was the staffs were not able to speak English well, and I wanted more variety of white wine.

2  Thank YacchanAmarone