Before you book please read as I hope it is useful.
Transfer from airport- took over 2 hours and after trip to uk airport and flight it really drags !
Arrival at hotel- Chaos, given room key to room 510, no idea whatsoever where that was and had to ask several times before we found room. Half a coach load of new arrivals were all in the same boat so there were people with cases milling around everywhere.
First impressions:- Oh God what have we done however as we found our feet things improved dramatically. Unlike other AI holidays we have been on you had to find everything but it was all there in the end.
Room:- We had a Superior family room, hate to think what an ordinary room would have been like. Very basic but to be fair perfectly functional and immaculately clean. I would have expected a lamp shade in a four star hotel. Air Con was excellent.
Pools:- Good, Loungers available up to 9.00 (towel reservations ?!?) after that you have to start hunting but would find a space.
Beach:- It does have stones but it wasn't a problem, kids could do with beach shoes but the sea is rough
Food:- Good but it was "fishy" which wasn't a surprise to us, always a meat choice however labelling wasn't always clear so you were never quite sure what you were eating. Beautiful dining outside however this was ruined by wasps and by the time you had your food back to the table there were swarms round your plate.
Location:- As we were aware you are stranded, didn't bother us because we were only there for a week and had no plans other than relaxing by the pool.
Other Guest:- By my estimate around 30-40% English but all guests are very respectful, no pushing in at buffet, drinks queue. Kids well behave round pool
Summary:- Not quite sure Italians are as clued up as other destinations with regards to All Inclusive holidays, however the hotel is clean, the pools are good and if you like fish and seafood the food would be superb. Rooms are functional and clean but no more than that. Would probably say 4* is a bit strong and that 3 is probably more accurate in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at. Having said all that we enjoyed our holiday but probably wouldn't go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring lush, Mediterranean landscaping and a beautiful natural environment, the all inclusive Fiesta Hotel Garden Beach offers guests modern and comfortable facilities. The hotel has two large restaurants serving the best in Mediterranean and international cuisine, with rich Sicilian specialties and a pleasant and refined atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Fiesta Hotel Garden Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Hotel Campofelice Di Roccella
- Garden Beach Hotel
- Fiesta Hotel Garden Beach Sicily/Campofelice Di Roccella