“Not worth its stars”

Grand Hotel Terme Parco Augusto
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Not worth its stars”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

In five weeks of touring in Sicily this was the worst hotel we stayed in. Our room had big cracks along the ceiling and down the wall and big chunks of plaster fell off every day. Dinner was the only truly bad meal we had in five weeks. The second night we drove to a nearby town for dinner, even though we don't like to drive on country roads at night. We simply couldn't face their dining room again! This seems to be a hotel for people who come for thermal therapy on a pension basis. We wanted to try a mud bath but were told we had to have a doctor's prescription. We were sorry that we had to stay two nights.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank laurie087

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I was recently in Italy on holidays and Sicily was one part that I always wanted to visit. I flew into Rome and then drove all the way down along the cost until I hit Reggio Calabria. I did not stay there as I wanted to catch a ferry so I could spend a night in Messina which I decided to use as my base for exploring this wonderful island.
When I was on the ferry I met an Italian lady whose son lived in Canada just like me. When I asked her about good places to stay she was kind enough to suggest PARCO AUGUSTO a Terme Vigliatore near Messina.

This place was exactly I was looking for. A romantic and quiet destination that is close to everything yet far away from those typical Italian tourist resorts. The main thing that I absolutely loved about this place was that it was private. I was able to do my visits around Messina and come back to this magnificent place to relax and rejuvenate myself. In addition to unbelievable rooms, I would also suggest a spa that is located in the hotel. It was nothing like spas in North America. I felt so fresh and young after returning to Canada and I know that is largely to the beautiful Sicilian food and the spa at Terme Vigliatore.

I also want to praise the food at the restaurant which featured all the local favorite dishes. The staff was very gracious and friendly, and the weather was wonderful! So if you are looking for action or tons of activities, this is NOT the place. This is purely a romantic and quiet destination that you will never forget.

Jessica M.

Valtur Portorosa
Valtur Portorosa
#2 of 3 in Furnari
Hotel La Rosa dei Venti

Been to Grand Hotel Terme Parco Augusto? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Hotel Terme Parco Augusto

Property: Grand Hotel Terme Parco Augusto
Address: Viale delle Terme 85, 98050 Terme Vigliatore, Sicily, Italy
Region: Italy > Sicily > Province of Messina > Terme Vigliatore
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Terme Vigliatore
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Hotel Terme Parco Augusto 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Terme Parco Augusto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Hotel Terme Vigliatore