I really think I cannot do this review justice in relating just how wonderful I felt Castel Monastero was. The grounds and the buildings are magnificent, the service top notch, the food delicious and the amenities (spa, accommodations, etc) superb. But mostly what struck me was how delightfully peaceful the place was. We arrived after a busy week in Venice and Florence, rushing around to see the notable and impressive sights, but not particularly relaxed or well rested. Within just a few minutes of arriving at the property, we felt an unmistakable calm take over. It helps that it was a brilliantly sunny day in April and the natural setting was enchanting. But there's an incredible sense of zen about this place that's hard to describe. While located pretty much smack in the center of Tuscany, it's set apart from any of the towns and there's a delightful quiet that is underscored by the sounds of the chirping birds and the gentle footsteps along the gravel paths. We had a lovely lunch al fresco and felt ensconced in a sense of refinement and delicacy. We were so taken with the place that we spent far more time relaxing here than expected and limited the towns we visited in exchange for the privilege. As we were traveling with our young adult kids, we had a terrific 2 bedroom suite that was perfectly appointed and afforded comfort and privacy. The grounds were another pleasure to discover and I took great enjoyment in the fully bloomed lilacs on the paths. Finally, I must add that the service was outstanding, from the welcome staff to the management to every waiter and server we encountered. I honestly don't think I can come up with one negative about this place - except perhaps there could have been a little more light in the bedroom. Apart from that, Castel Monastero was sheer perfection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Province Of Siena, Tuscany