I have just returned from a magical 5 nights at Castel Monastero. What a fantastic hotel! Enzo, the General Manager was amazing he seemed to be everywhere helping guests and led his great team of staff by example. The service was faultless and the staff were all so friendly and helpful. The hotel is in an old monastery and is beautifully restored in a sympathetic way - the rooms are beautiful, spacious and, whilst being modern, are totally in keeping with the age of the property. Both the restaurants have fabulous food - one has a menu devised by Gordon Ramsey and the other is in the old wine cellars and serves typical Tuscan food. The property is in a wonderfully peaceful rural spot, surrounded by vineyards yet only about 20 minutes drive from Sienna. The grounds are beautiful and there is a huge spa with three outdoor pools, an indoor salt flotation pool and hydrotherapy pools. I had two of the most amazing massages with Elena and they also run a weightless programme. I also had a wonderful private yoga session in a pavilion in the grounds. All in all it is a fantastic place to stay and tour Tuscany. Taxis are expensive so it is best to hire them for the day or better still hire a car as there are so many beautiful old villages, vineyards and olive groves to explore in the area. I can't wait to return for another stay at this lovely hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Province Of Siena, Tuscany