It was my boyfriends birthday so I have decided to book this hotel as a surprise. I have never experienced that the hotel sends you an e-mail concerning your wishes (i also booked a cooking class for him) after you make the reservation, even before you check in. The staff knows how to make everything possible.
They organized a wine tasting trip for us, reserved the tee time for us. On his birthday it was not a problem to make a small cupcake and bring breakfast to the room with a little candle.
The rooms are very spacious, nice, clean. It was not a problem to organize a smoking room (I forgot to state it when I was making the reservation).
The SPA is great, really high standard and you really know what you are paying for and all your money is really great spent. They have two outdoor pools.
The location itself is great. It is quiet and you can still be in a good hour and half to all major towns in Tuscany (Sienna is 10 min away). The landscape around is awesome, you can really explore Tuscany and enjoy it.
The Gordon Ramsey restaurant is a must. We thought we would eat there once or two times, but we stayed there every evening as the staff from the restaurant was amazing and it was not a problem to recreate the menu (so we tried different dishes also out of the menu). We also did a wine tasting there and got a lot of information and fun.
You really feel welcome at this hotel and it was sad to go as it was almost family with the staff.
it is a bit expensive but worth every single EUR.
If you would like to enjoy Tuscany, explore it and at the end of the day relax and have a quiet evening in a fabulous restaurant with people who really care about you and your wishes, this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While painters are born, travellers are made and no land has aroused the curiosity, the enthusiasm and the culture of entire generations more than Tuscany. Certainly, not all of them have had the luck to begin their journey in the enchantment of Castel Monastero. In fact a few kilometres from our village, along roads of pure delight, can be found masterpieces of art and of the highest culinary tradition.Every day, a discovery. Every day a different itinerary passing through unspoiled scenery. Every day, on your return, a massage and a candle-lit dinner. And together, over a romantic meal for two or with your friends, you will recall the frescoes of Piero della Francesca and the perfect walls of Monteriggioni, the Renaissance utopia of Pienza and the gastronomic glory of Castellina in Chianti. And again, to surprise you, there’ll be a sunset over Pitigliano and a stroll around the Etruscan necropolises of Sovana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Castel Monastero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castel Monastero Hotel Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Castel Monastero Italy/Province Of Siena, Tuscany