“Excellent Hotel”

Hotel Borgo San Felice
Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

It is a beautuful hotel in Toscana region, in the middle of wineyards. About 20 km ti historic Siena. The hotel is a complex of old houses therefore the rooms are in different sizes but some of them are facing walls, however the hotel is so nice no need to spend time in the rooms. The farden and the poolside is nice too. Breakfast gas good selection.

• Stayed May 2014
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comment about Borgo San Felice.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly our rosy garden and the poolside, as well as the breakfast service.

Rest assured that I will forward this positive feedback to the rest of the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Borgo San Felice,

Kind regards,
Achille Di Carlo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Came here at our travel agent's suggestion, after having been in Rome for five days. It was the perfect respite before heading to another large city. Service was understated and gracious. The rooms and bathrooms were authentic, lovely and charming. (Most Americans enjoy travel as a means for experiencing other cultures, and we do not desire Americanization of amenities, so thank you for keeping things Italian.) We loved the pool, the alfresco dining, and use of bicycles. The breakfast buffet was simply the best...gorgeous, and plentiful choices. "BSF," as my teen boys call it, will forever be the standard by which other resorts are judged. We loved it and hope to return some day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank frankieSF
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Borgo San Felice.

I am delighted to read that the Borgo has definitely contributed in getting to know more about the Italian culture.
Our aim is to let our valued guests experience the beauty of our traditions, as well as our wine.
Please rest assured that I will share this positive comment with the rest of the team, who will further motivate each of us to strive hard to aim the standards of a Relais and Chateaux.
Thank you once again for putting us at the top of your mini-journey in Italy!

I look forward to welcoming you back to “BSF”,

Kind regards
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very Personable & Classy Staff who are Hungry to Achieve Amazing Service, Impeccable Rooms, Open Internet/Wifi (finally, a place that doesn't require codes!) Best Spa Ever, Incredible Michelin rated restaurant.

We are wrapping up our 16-day honeymoon in Italy and have to say that Hotel Borgo San Felice was the highlight of our trip. Stefano is the leader in service, and his staff at the two restaurants (Yes- they opened a causal one LAST WEEK!) is mature, classy AND eager to please, a rare combination! Onsite mountain Bicycles are complimentary, bocci ball, great pool-side lounging chairs and grassy area with food service, billiard table inside with nice lounge & bar area, one of the better winery tours we have seen… Fresh food at EVERY meal from an on-site garden with a WIDE selection. My wife is telling (me from the couch) to tell you "that place is a MUST, and cannot be missed" DOWNSIDES: ACTIVITIES: You are in the middle of Tuscany, and the hotel could do a better job of promoting optional activities, LUNCH/SNACK COSTS: our tab was ~900 Euros for massages & food, a little steep for 3 days, but well worth it, If I was running the place, I would wish that they would lower the prices on the lunch & snack bar. GPS UNITS: some places provide GPS units to help you meander around if you are driving yourself, and Hotel Borgo doesn't have GPS units for loan with pre-programmed locations (yet) DISTANCE TO ACTIVITIES: This could be a pro or con in someone's book---- wine tours are aplenty, horse rides are nearby, motorists are very friendly to bikers, (light honk and giving lots of room) CITY DISTANCE: the biggest city is Siena (30-40 minute drive, anytime someone in Italy says an amount of time to get somewhere, double it if you are driving yourself) TELEVISION SIZE: I still haven't found a hotel in Italy with a decent sized TV, (45"+) and this place was no exception. They were the same size as all the other 5-star hotels. (Time to go outside!) NO JACUZZI TUBS: I love Jacuzzi tubs, and while the bathroom was 5-star, (it did have heated towel racks, US-electric plug standard) this place didn't have a jacuzzi tub, but a good tub nonetheless, with a GREAT shower. STAFF TURNOVER: GOOD THIS YEAR, BUT 2015?? The average turnover in staff for all the hotels in this region who have a 7-month "season" is ***70%***, but this is a challenge at ANY hotel in Italy and makes it difficult to keep a steady rating, but Hotel Borgo San Felice is going to have an EXCELLENT season. Their 2014 team is SOLID and it shows from beginning to end. I spoke with their GM Archille Di Carlo who echoed this sentiment and he wants nothing less than to be the best, seeking out my comments knowing that we would be staying at several competitors before and after San Felice. This mentality (hungry to be the best) is evident from top to bottom. They outshined even the other hotels that we enjoyed on this trip, such as the Hotel Hassler in Rome (top of Spanish Steps) and the Hotel Bellevue Syrene (Sorrento) and have outshined the nearby Castello Di Casole (thus far).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lenden W
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor following your recent stay at our Borgo.

I am extremely proud to read that our gem has outshined the other Hotels you have stayed at and that our services and facilities have surpassed your expectations.
I would like to assure you that I will ECHO your comments with the rest of the team, that will further motivate each and every one of us to continue working towards maintaining and improving the high standards we set out in offering to our guests.

I hope to be able to welcoming you back in the future and in such case please do let me know, I will be more than happy to assist you with your arrangements,

Best regards,
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What a wonderful oasis in Tuscany. Everything about San Felice was excellent. Service by all the staff was excellent. The food and wine equally awesome. We booked ourselves in here for a relaxing couple days to get over jet lag , wish we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend coming to San Felice and taking in all that is has to offer, you wont be disapointed. We loved the location, its truelly an oasis, away from everything, it's a village onto itself . The nights are so peaceful and quiet. Leave your window open, and you will wake up to the birds chirping .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReneLes
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for spending your precious time in leaving your positive comment on TripAdvisor.
Me, myself and all the team, are very proud to make part of this wonderful OASIS in the heart of the Chianti area.
I am happy to share this thoughts to the rest of the team, which give the energy to serve our valued guests with passion!

I look forward to have you once again as our guest, here in the midst of the birds’ lullaby,

Best regards,
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I stayed last September and had the most amazing time. Salvio was THE best hotel manager we have ever met. We have traveled to places like Bora Bora, Paris, Florence, Prague, Burgundy...so we been fortunate to meet many talented hotel managers.

Funny story...I wanted to watch the Cleveland Browns season opener via the internet, and he was so willing to help, that he provided the Apple laptop behind the front desk. I didn't ask, but had just merely mentioned my hopes to watch the game. I had envisioned drinking wine and sitting on the patio while listening to the live piano music. Thankfully, the DirecTV connection did not work and I didn't have to watch my Browns lose the season opener, but the fact Salvio did everything to make it happen was just beyond amazing.

The grounds were just gorgeous, and the architecture takes you back to another time. The entire staff was so friendly. We wish we had stayed longer!

Room Tip: The room we had was pretty average, but the hotel is beyond amazing...sitting in the room didn't...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jamie W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was looking for a peaceful retreat and I found it. Such a beautiful hotel, the staff were so welcoming they even upgraded my room as they had a last minute cancellation. Not only is the hotel gorgeous but everywhere you look the scenery is stunning....and the food well, I didn't go home skinnier!! Pure heaven.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AriDalby
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I concur all the positive reviews that previous reviewers have written. My only gripe was (which was very minor) the location, you need a car to go everywhere. Since this trip was about relaxing, I was happy to spend time in the hotel's vicinity, hanging out in the lounge, doing the wine tasting, or just taking pictures. Their wines are excellent, I ended up ordered some and had them shipped to USA and received two weeks later-no problem! Reserve all the restaurants nearby for dinner even before you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DruryS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castelnuovo Berardenga
Borgo Scopeto Relais
Borgo Scopeto Relais
#1 of 1 in Vagliagli
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort &...
#1 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Castel Monastero
Castel Monastero
#4 of 10 in Castelnuovo Berardenga
Hotel Le Fontanelle
Hotel Le Fontanelle
#1 of 1 in Pianella

Been to Hotel Borgo San Felice? Share your experiences!