“totally relaxing !”

Hotel Borgo San Felice
Reviewed 15 July 2014

One of the best place to relax and unwind! Excellent staff and the breakfast was superb with a good spread. Spoiled ourselves in the pool and the spa! Must take home is the wine bamboo stick air freshener!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor.

We love spoiling our valued guests and we strive to let them float in total relaxation.

Me and the rest of the team are looking forward to having you back at Borgo San Felice,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Borgo San Felice on the first part of our honeymoon, what a fabulous choice we made.

We went with a 'romantic package' which included a 3 course meal and wine in one restaurant on one night, which was lovely. We then had a further 4 course meal in the 2 Michelin Star restaurant and wines with each course on another night, this was truly stunning and as good a meal as we have eaten in any top class restaurant. Our package also included a wine tour and tasting which we really enjoyed, the final part of our package was a massage each, followed by an hours exclusive use of the spa with a glass of wine, again absolutely superb!

The service from all staff, from the welcome on arriving, all the way to saying ciao was fantastic and definitely met, if not exceeded our expectations.

Having looked for quite a while online at different venues for the first part of our honeymoon in Tuscany that would offer us the peace, tranquillity, quality of service etc, we chose the Borgo San Felice and are so pleased we did, it was a perfect venue and the perfect start to our honeymoon.

Having now stayed there and seen it all at first hand, the photos online (although good) do not do it justice, it is a wonderful place suiting anyone looking for that perfect retreat mixed with a real touch of class.

Thank you so much for looking after us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive comment regarding your honeymoon trip to Borgo San Felice.
I am very happy to read that we did meet your expectations and that you enjoyed every single activity included in your package.

Me and the rest of the team are looking forward to meeting you once again,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Borgo san felice we stayed for one week the most beautiful place 5 star all the way .We got upgrade in are room which was just beauitful so nice so clean .The staff were all great to us & so helpful we had the best time in Tuscany .the grounds of the village are lovely& wonderful walks to do the food in hotel was just magic. Also if you want a night away go to the village called Castagnoli to the restorante called il collieries A Castagnoli and ask for MAX food so good 5***** this holiday has been one of the best & the hotel made it so good for us can not wait until we go back again many thanks janice love it love it 5star all the way

Room Tip: Just book room that suits you all good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Achille D, General Manager at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for the sharing your positive comment on Trip Advisor.
And thank you for highlighting that you had a 5 star experience; to offer an impeccable service, is one of our aims.

I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team, who really looks forward to welcoming you back to Tuscany.

The restaurant Il Celliere, is indeed one of the nicest in the area and I am glad you did enjoy their company.

Once again thank you for the wonderful words,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

As the saying goes you have one time to make a first impression. Our first and lasting impression of Borgo San Felice is one of beauty, a sense of being in a home away from home in the heart and soul of Tuscany. The total experience allows you to be enveloped in the history, architecture and natural beauty of the region. My wife and I went in late June with another couple who had been there before. The atmosphere is relaxed, the staff is attentive and professional and treat you more as guests in their home. There is great attention to detail...from the exquisite physical layout, the grounds, quality of the food, the pool, the condition of the rooms...to the first rate service at the front desk and the restaurants.
The driving force of this exceptional and authentic Tuscan experience is the General Manager Achille Di Carlo. He is friendly, fully engaged, focusing on every detail and making you feel that he is committed to each guest having an exceptional experience. His enthusiasm and passion are clearly reflected in his staff.
San Felice is not a cookie cutter hotel experience. It is an experience of a lifetime and a treasure and a gift that keeps on giving
The General Manager and the entire Staff went above and beyond the call of duty during our wonderful stay!
Frank and Carol Beltran, Atlanta with Don and Maria Browne

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear MM. Beltran and Browne,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful words shared about your recent stay at Borgo San Felice.
I am very proud to work in this property with a very attentive team who everyday gives its best to always offer an impeccable service.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every single moment of your stay with us, from the setting to the facilities.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm travelling this summer with my family, including 2 kids. We want spend 8 nights in Tuscany, four at Borgo SF, one of the most amazing places we have ever been too. Everything was beautiful. The staff was lovely and very informative. Good restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to leave your positive experience on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your 8 night stay at Borgo San Felice.

I would like to inform you that I will proudly share this comment to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hmmm. Where to start with this superb hotel. From arriving there we were greeted like royalty. We also were upgraded and had a fantastic room. The service is outstanding and the hotel is so picturesque you will not want to leave. The cooking course I can highly recommend. The spa is a real treat also. Worth every cent! Going again the next opportunity I have!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Achille D, Direttore generale at Hotel Borgo San Felice, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Borgo San Felice.

I have proudly shared your notes with the rest of the team, who loves pampering the guests making them feel at home away from home.

I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the cooking class experience, which we highly suggest as a must activity for guests who wish to discover the Tuscan dishes.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Borgo San Felice,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

San Felice is buried in deep Tuscan countryside with views for miles over the vineyards with the towers of Siena in the far distance and yet you are within easy driving distance of Castelnuovo Berardenga with its many restaurants and within a short drive of Siena and Radda and San Gimignano.
The converted buildings are delightful and we were extremely fortunate to have wonderful views from our top floor room over the terracotta roofs of the borgo. The flowers are so beautiful and don't miss the herb garden tucked away.
The swimming pool is a decent length so that you can enjoy a proper swim rather than a quick splash and there are ample sunbeds and umbrellas on the lawn around the pool. There are two restaurants on site and we enjoyed the Terrazza in the gardens on four evenings.
Expectations of a Relais et Chateaux hotel are always high and San Felice meets all your needs with its very professional staff, ranging from the management through to the ladies who make such a good job of cleaning your room.
The breakfast staff are excellent and coffee is replenished before you realise that you have finished the pot. My only point here is that at other hotels where we stay in Italy there is usually an omelette station offered as part of the breakfast and included in the breakfast price and not as an additional add on to the menu (12 euros I believe). That I did miss as I am not a fan of pre cooked scrambled egg offered up in a heated dish for all to partake.
The winery is, of course, magnificent and my husband was delighted to be taken around the winery by the hotel's General Manager; a very special thank you Achille.
The estate is a Chianti Classico Estate and the wines are very drinkable. We understand that over 70% are shipped to the USA.
If you are able to stay longer than the couple of nights that many guests were enjoying as part of their tour of Italy you will have time to appreciate the ambiance of BSF together with the local restaurants in both Villa a Sesta and Castelnuovo Berardenga as well as the surrounding countryside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your nice experience here at Borgo San Felice.

I am happy you enjoyed the services and facilities (restaurant, breakfast, swimming pool).
It was a pleasure to show you around the winery and tell you the story behind our wine production.

I have shared your comment with the rest of the team, who is very happy to know that Borgo San Felice has been able to meet all your expectations.

I look forward to meeting you again to our property,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castelnuovo Berardenga
Castel Monastero
Castel Monastero
#4 of 8 in Castelnuovo Berardenga
Hotel Le Fontanelle
Hotel Le Fontanelle
#1 of 1 in Pianella
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Borgo Scopeto Relais
Borgo Scopeto Relais
#1 of 1 in Vagliagli
Il Borgo di Vescine - Relais del Chianti
Il Borgo di Vescine - Relais del...
#5 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
CDH Hotel Radda
CDH Hotel Radda
#4 of 15 in Radda in Chianti

Been to Hotel Borgo San Felice? Share your experiences!