Borgo Santo Pietro
US$130
US$121
La Melosa Resort(Roccastrada)
TripAdvisor
Pian Dei Mucini Resort(Massa Marittima)
  • Pool
All reviewsattention to detailour honeymoonmy husband and igarden suitetasting menupastafood and winemichelin starrestaurant managerfarmers marketbeautiful groundsblown awayworld classresident artistamazing hoteltreehouse restaurantthe main house
Reviewed 14 June 2014

By the time we were dropped off at the right Borgo, having been driven to Cortona and Borgo San Pietro by mistake it was nearly 7 hours in a car, but as soon as I walked into the doors of the warm, enchanting, candle lit home, hotel, I breathed deeply and let the drive, the hectic days of Venice and all the crowds melt away into this magical villa that was to be our home for 5 glorious days. They escorted us on to the lawn, to comfortable chairs overlooking the valley and offered us a drink. The next five days were the relaxation we needed combined with a few excursions to Sienna, and neighboring villages in the rolling green hills of Toscana. The staff was warm and friendly and gave outstanding service. The food was delicious, especially loved the breakfast which is included with your room. Our room was a superior room and overlooked some of the magnificent, manicured 13 acres of English gardens, ponds, children's area and hideaways to read or just relax. The infinity, salt water pool was delightful and at the edge you felt you were overseeing the great valleys and mountains surrounding with no other structures in sight, I have never been to a place that thought if every detail and managed perfection so beautifully. In our 6 weeks of travel, this was by far the most special, beautiful place we stayed and I know I will return. The front desk manager insisted I buy this book, " House of Wind, by Titania Hardie, which being a large hardback was another thing to carry, but having finished it two days after my return to beautiful Maui, I only wished I harps read it before I arrived. I recommend both the Borgo and the book and read the book first. They are building a fitness center and a larger spa, but the massage was outstanding!

Room Tip: I would probably choose a garden suite but loved our Superior Room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BorgoSantoPietro, La direzione at Borgo Santo Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words Hermine. It was a pleasure having you with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This place really is the definition of paradise. It is a bit off the main road so you can drive right past it, but once you find it, heaven awaits. The grounds and accommodations are magnificent and the food is excellent, but if you have dinner there, it is a very expensive proposition, but worth it. Right up the hill is the charming little village of Chiusdino, which adds even more to the charm of the stay at this wonderful place. I highly recommend this beautiful place...

Room Tip: Ask for accommodations that are not in the main building. You will enjoy a patio and small yard with that type of room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here this week for three nights with friends from Boston USA who were equally as impressed as we were.
Such a stunning location comfortable rooms and beds excellent service, the staff could not do enough for us all. The owners have spared no expense to create this unforgettable hotel and gardens. Credit must go to Peter the head gardener from the UK , as you explore the gardens you discover more and more stunning settings. The owners have had such great visions of what they wanted created that have been painstakingly carried out by the garden team.
This is the sort of hotel that makes you want to awake early and wander round the garden with a cup of coffee before breakfast I can thoroughly recommend it!
The food served at both breakfast and dinner was also a delight with good choices and surprisingly reasonably priced along with the wine, Try the house red its lovely and again very reasonable.
In all we loved our stay here and cannot wait to return , next time for longer as we made the mistake of moving to another Relais hotel in the Umbria region for our last two days which had all the hype and promise but did not deliver as Borgo San Pietro did.

Room Tip: All rooms in the main house are quiet and have delightful views either of the gardens or surrounding countryside so we feel they are all as good as each other. they do have separate private bungalows in the gardens too if this is required.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I spend the last part of our honeymoon at Borgo and it couldn't have been a more perfect end to our trip. The staff was so accommodating and friendly toward all of the guests. The grounds are impeccable and there are lots of little spots to enjoy, whether it be the gardens, the tennis court, the pond, etc. You feel like you are the only guests on the property with the exception of the main meal times, breakfast and dinner, where you may see the other guests from the 14 remaining rooms. The infinity pool was beautiful in the way that it overlooked the Tuscan sky. The hotel website photos do not do the property justice, it is even more beautiful in person. The food was amazing and the tree house area is such a unique spot, very elegant and relaxing. We had a wonderful cooking class with the chef, Francesco, who taught us all about pasta. We also had a private wine tasting with the Sommelier, Simone, that was very informative and fun. My husband and I did not want to leave the property and cancelled our plans of visiting other towns. You truly felt that the hotel appreciated you as a guest. There are only 15 rooms so the staff was extremely attentive and went out of their way to refer to us by our name. The price of the stay is well worth it from the experience that you get when you are there. It is like no place we have ever been before and we are sure to return.

Room Tip: The L'Ulivo room was AMAZING. I am sure all rooms on the property are superb.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have just spent 3 nights at Borgo Santo Pietro as part of our honeymoon trip and it was absolute bliss. The grounds are amazing, the room beautiful and the staff made our stay absolutely perfect with nothing too much trouble. We particularly enjoyed our private dining experience in the grotto and were made to feel really special. Highly recommend -an absolute highlight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BorgoSantoPietro, La direzione at Borgo Santo Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you Nicola for your valued comments. We are pleased to have made your honeymoon so rememberable and that you had the chance to experience the Grotto Dining. Many a marriage proposal has been made there as well! It is one of many intimate and romantic corners of Borgo and we're glad it was a highlight for you.